Re: this car will never take a turn at 50 mph

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 911turbo123456789, Aug 10, 2002.

1. this car will never take a turn at 50 mph

yo i know this one thing about american cars whh is...they can not handle for shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and they are ugly as well............................

2. japanese cars all sound like shit and cant get on the freeway without turning 5000rpm. italian cars are overpriced and unreliable (that 360 modena sounds like a 4 cylinder because it's a flat plane crankshaft).

i can make stupid generalizations too, but i think i'm being nicer than most of the other replies youre gonna get.

(my car is japanese by the way)

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hammanpg3</i>
    <b>yo i know this one thing about american cars whh is...they can not handle for shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and they are ugly as well............................</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You don't know anything look at the vette it has very good handling and it beat an nsx in handling also and it is fast. By the way don't base your opinion as a fact it makes you look like a fool. You don't like American cars, but not everyone doesn't like them. At least japcarsrul isn't so ignorant as you, he said that de doesn't like American cars and I can deal with that, but you said that American cars suck and that just isn't true.<!-- Signature -->

4. Y does it matter how well american cars handle?? do u not realise this car is australian??

5. American cars do have a reputation of bad handling, and it is somewhat deserved since most of their cars until now have based themselves on the idea of high power and front engine with odd wieght distribution.However, we have to admit that there s been a real improvement in that area, the f body cars of today being much more agile than before and the vette surprising many despite of its weight I hope they will continue those improvements, because the handling of an iroc-z camaro is unnacceptable in today s norms.And the sound of the 360 modena has absolutely nothing to do with the sound of a 4. I heard one passing in front of me and let me tell you, it s an orgasm in your ears.<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Blondini</i>
    <b>Y does it matter how well american cars handle?? do u not realise this car is australian?? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->This in't an australian car it's american it's just based on an australian car just like acura is based on honda, but it is American.<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Fangio</i>
    <b>American cars do have a reputation of bad handling, and it is somewhat deserved since most of their cars until now have based themselves on the idea of high power and front engine with odd wieght distribution.However, we have to admit that there s been a real improvement in that area, the f body cars of today being much more agile than before and the vette surprising many despite of its weight I hope they will continue those improvements, because the handling of an iroc-z camaro is unnacceptable in today s norms.And the sound of the 360 modena has absolutely nothing to do with the sound of a 4. I heard one passing in front of me and let me tell you, it s an orgasm in your ears.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Only the old muscle cars have a bad reputation of handling not the new ones just look at the vette and f bodies. Also all of the new American cars have very good handling.<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Blondini</i>
    <b>Y does it matter how well american cars handle?? do u not realise this car is australian?? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->This in't an australian car it's american it's just based on an australian car just like acura is based on honda, but it is American.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes it is an Australian car. The GTO is essentially a rebadged, left-hand-drive Holden Monaro. It will be built in Australia, at the same plant.<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gimme Fuel</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Blondini</i>
    <b>Y does it matter how well american cars handle?? do u not realise this car is australian?? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->This in't an australian car it's american it's just based on an australian car just like acura is based on honda, but it is American.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes it is an Australian car. The GTO is essentially a rebadged, left-hand-drive Holden Monaro. It will be built in Australia, at the same plant.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So true so very true.This is hardley american accept for mods to the engine.

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gimme Fuel</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>

Yes it is an Australian car. The GTO is essentially a rebadged, left-hand-drive Holden Monaro. It will be built in Australia, at the same plant.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I guess your right except for one thing it will be built in America.<!-- Signature -->

11. yes, its true, its damn true...

the new pontiac gto is just a commodore coupe...sorry, holden monaro, rebadged as a pontiac gto...

they are made at holden's elizabeth plant here in south australia, and i live 45 mins away from the plant, and i know many that are working on this car...

it is australian in every sense, except for the modifications, but it is an australian designed car, built in australia, made for australians...but no doubt, if gm wants to take it to the rest of the world, let it be known that the new gto, is the australian icon rebadged...<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tickford Tickla</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gimme Fuel</i>

Yes it is an Australian car. The GTO is essentially a rebadged, left-hand-drive Holden Monaro. It will be built in Australia, at the same plant.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So true so very true.This is hardley american accept for mods to the engine.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And the name, the Poncho GTO is american history.

13. It will take a turn at 50mph. The HSV GTS sedan, which is basically a heavier (1700kg) 300kW version of this thing, beat the M5 and E55 ///AMG (AMG rules!) around the old Nurburgring about a year ago.

Apparently the lap time was about 8min and 10-15 seconds to the M5's 8min 28(confirm?) seconds and the E55's 8min 57(confirm?) seconds.
    <!-- Signature -->

14. I find it funny that people judge a car by its looks and name....haha.

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gearjammer</i>
    <b>I find it funny that people judge a car by its looks and name....haha.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->No ones doing that we are compareing it to the holden and since this is an upgraded version of the holden it will most likely have great handling.<!-- Signature -->

16. This will be built at Holdens Elizabeth plant in South Australia and not in America

17. Yes the monaro will be built there as for the gto it will be built some where in America(I forgot where).<!-- Signature -->

18. No the GTO will be built in South Australia it wont be built in America thats why its such a big thing in Australia because its the first time we have exported a car to America.

19. Regardless of where it's built, it's going to have the LS1 powerplant which is all American and really is what makes this car what it will be.

20. Built in Australia, meaning converted to left hand drive tuning of the engine to 260kw as well as puttting the GTO badges on it here.
    The motor might be american but the whole car is put together here.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tickford Tickla</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gimme Fuel</i>

So true so very true.This is hardley american accept for mods to the engine.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->... not to mention the whole engine that is taken out of the vette... and considering holden is owned by GM, im sure many of the parts are shared between the two

22. lmao. it's funny watching you idiots try to argue with the aussies about what country the car is from!! hahahahaha!

it's australian. get over it.<!-- Signature -->

23. The holden coupe now has great handling, not to say that GM will want to make it better. All I can say is its about time Holden started to export their great cars to the States. And this car will be built here in Australia. Yeah sure the engine comes from US. But it will be assembled here so I guess you could call it a joint venture. Aussie chassis and yank donk! On 3rd gens f-bodys the Borg-Warner diff`s and brake calipers were Aussie made. (Just a little somthin there for more aguments.) <!-- Signature -->

24. lol<!-- Signature -->

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rex4ev</i>
    <b>lmao. it's funny watching you idiots try to argue with the aussies about what country the car is from!! hahahahaha!

it's australian. get over it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->No it's not it will be made here in America(I read it in a magazine).<!-- Signature -->