Re: THIS COSTS 62,000 DOLLARS.......

Discussion in '2000 Panoz AIV Roadster' started by SuperSonic, Aug 10, 2002.

1. hey supersonic, you sound gay and why dont you marry an M3?... dork

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bobby</i>
    <b>hey supersonic, you sound gay and why dont you marry an M3?... dork</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> hey bobby, gay name<!-- Signature -->

3. Much as I like cars in this style, 62000 dollars does seem pricy. Most Lotus seven style cars are performance on a budget. Much as I love my Westfield, if it had cost as much as a TVR I know which I'd choose. It has a higher top speed than most of the UK ones of this style, but the 0-60 isn't all that. There are many (westfield Megablade, Megabusa or Seight, Caterham R300, R500 or Blackbird, Tiger Z100, etc etc) that are quicker accelerating. A standard ford zetec engined westfield like mine is £16000 factory built, and does 0-60 in 5.2 and 120mph. Probably handles pretty much the same, and (as many people are quick to point out) is a similar style. OK, so you can't get it in the US, but this is about 2.5 times the price. It can't be that hard to get through US regs can it?

It also very heavy for the style. Compare the weight to some of the cars listed above. It is twice as heavy!

<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuperSonic</i>
    <b>yeah it would be quite fun to cruise in this panoz but when you realise its just a ford v8, and a 62,000 dollar panoz badge you'de wish you had got an M3 convertable or maybe a prowler like that guy says... this car doesn't even look nice. I think its overpriced for what it is. maybe i was a bit harsh calling it a joke.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

SuperSonic, how did you become a guru? I guess they just give out the title these days. You know absolutely nothing. You don't know what you're talking about. I myself would enjoy an M3, but I'd be doing my friend a disservice if I didn't go with the Panoz. Until you know what it's like, you need to shut your pie hole. And let me tell you from personal experience, people don't care what kinda engine is under the hood if the car looks good. I don't know how many looks and stares we got with this car, so many to count. People just admired the beauty as well. It's so much more stunning than an M3. Now go back to playing with your Army Men.<!-- Signature -->

5. M3 Convertable + $60k = good deal
    AIV roadster = +$60k = screwed

6. I drive a BMW, but I'm definitely not rich, I just bust my ass to make the payments, unlike a wanker. The next car I bust my ass for will be a Panoz.

7. umm, I'd think so, but don't worry, no one was hurt by your comment. People in this forum have kind of learned to just ignore you so-called opinion, espescially when it's obviously wrong.

All it is is a Ford V-8 and a panoz badge? Perhaps you over looked the AIV part. Aluminum, perhaps you've heard of it. It's very expensive, and if you knew anything, you'd have figured that out before hand, and we wouldn't have had to put up with your "opinion" about this car.

8. I'm just wondering if maybe an AC Cobra replica with the 427 would be cheaper. And I'm not talking about the kit car. I've seen them advertized in a car mag. They come fully assempbled, engine, tranny, warranty, and all. It sure would beat this car, in looks, and performance. But I'm not sure about the price. Can anyone let me know.

9. Actually, the Dodge Viper is the fastest (and best) car under $100,000.00 & the M-5 isn't much better than an M-3.

10. Why the hell are we eve comparing these cars? So they have similar performance, who cares. They have completely different missions in life. The AIV is a niche vehicle that you will never see many of, therefore causing pricing to be high in order to gain a profit. Plus people will pay it, so why not charge it. The M3 while very fast, is a family hauler comapred to the AIV. The entire fact that you guys are even comparing them is ludacris.