Re: This is gunna get its ass torn up by the new Mustang GT

Discussion in '2001 Nissan Z Concept' started by exer51, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This is gunna get its ass torn up by the new Mustang GT

The 260 hp GT we have now has a 6.0 0-60. With 280 HP it will devour this thing. I say they need to go back up to 300 hp like they said it would have a while back. And then of course offer a turbo model to compete with the Cobra. Maybe even amke an AWD model with the skylines AWD platform. That would be sick. A Twin Turbo 360 HP AWD 350 Z. It needs a spoiler too. Too plain looking now.<!-- Signature -->

2. a mustang GT can beat this car, that is sad. Looks like the camaro, vette and viper have no competition what so ever. <!-- Signature -->

3. Ok... where to start. First of all, Mustangs are slow as hell. The camaro, no longer in production(can't imagine why?), is also slow as hell. The only fast corvette is the zo6 which is somewhat ok and reasonably priced but it is ugly. As far as the viper is concerned is somewhat better looking but handles like shit and is overpriced. The only problem with either is that my 93 hyundai has more horsepower per litre than either car. It's ok because I understand animal instict to defend yourself in times of extinction you stupid american loving bastards. Thanks.

4. your hyundai has more hp/liter. really thats great but doesn't mean anything. some Lawnmowers have 240 hp/liter and i agree mustangs are slow but not in comparison to your hyundai. the slow as hell mustangs and camaros would kill your car.

5. All i gotta say is is ford aint got nothin....they may have fixed there tires but don't hold your breath waiting for them to fix there crappy engines

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from B.A.S.T.R.D.</i>
    <b>Ok... where to start. First of all, Mustangs are slow as hell. The camaro, no longer in production(can't imagine why?), is also slow as hell. The only fast corvette is the zo6 which is somewhat ok and reasonably priced but it is ugly. As far as the viper is concerned is somewhat better looking but handles like shit and is overpriced. The only problem with either is that my 93 hyundai has more horsepower per litre than either car. It's ok because I understand animal instict to defend yourself in times of extinction you stupid american loving bastards. Thanks.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

let me first make one thing clear...I LIKE THIS CAR. i'm really looking forward to seeing it, might even buy one. BUT...without modifications, this car will not touch a stang or camaro. and though camaros and birds are notorious for reliability and nissan makes probably the best v6 on the market i will say simply that if you take car of your car, she'll take care of you. my stang has 137,000 miles on her and she still roars as load as ever (and no, it ain't stock...and no, more than likely whatever you got ain't gonna touch it). to those who can only defend themselves with hp/liter...give it up. it means absolutely SHIT! put your s2000 (i like that car too by the way) with it's tremendous hp/liter advantage next to a viper and i can promise you the little s2000, nice as it is, will come away very BADLY snake bitten. nuff said and nobody can argue that so keep your gums tight. oh, speaking of vipers, the handling on that car is not crappy at all. read any review. it's always been heralded as one of the best out there. have you driven one? i've had the pleasure and did so on an actual road with twists, turns and all and i can tell you, few things will compete with it's speed or handling. again, nuff said. anyway, point being this is a great car here and i'm looking forward to this one. kudos to nissan. and don't take offense. i'm not jabbing at anyone here, but i can place a safe bet that no hyundai regardless of it's 250,000,000hp/liter will do anything more than breathe in my second hand exhaust fumes and have one helluva view of my ass on any staightaway or any road course for that matter. and only one ponycar is taking a bow out for a while and it ain't mine. not to mention, the camaro will be back around 2005 i believe and the mustang is set for a full redesign in 2004 with the return of a more technologically advanced 5.0L engine. for now there's always the new 390 horse cobra (cast iron engine and all it'll still outrun anything you can put on the table short of an 80,000 dollar skyline), the zo6, and the viper. all of these cars are pretty safely in front of most of these imports. doesn't mean the imports are bad, but they are and will remain the faster of the two, at least stock. even non-stock there's not much competition. anyway, beautiful car and i hope it lives up to the legend of the Z. my two and half cents.

7. Does the Mustang holds the road as well as this ?

I'm not sure...

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>Does the Mustang holds the road as well as this ?

I'm not sure...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Cobra will, and this is a 2 seater vs. a 2+2

9. I believe that Ford is Putting a new Effort to FIX the Gt's Power.. I mean WHy else would they "Massively" UP the "Stock" Cobras HP from
    a normal Cobra class along with all others in its class sporting about 320 Horses to a Great improvment of 390 which is Higher than a Cobra R
    What this tells me They are planning on somthing big Sports indistry wise. I believe they moved this up to Put the Gt in Its Meant to be place of 300 Hp power range Along next to its competition of the likes of its true Gt 4.6' enemy the Z-28 at 305 hp . I beleive they will Probably sport Dohc on the GTs since they now sport a SuperCharger on the Cobras 2003. This is just an opinion but i see it coming soon.

10. The Gt Never Really Was in a Class to compete with Any Camaro Since 1993. It Got left behind in 93 hopfully they catch him up soon.

Sure the 260 hp car came beat the V6 Camaro But In all the races ive seen which in Street racing 1\4 and stock road cources did i ever see a Gt best a Z-28.

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from exer51</i>
    <b>The 260 hp GT we have now has a 6.0 0-60. With 280 HP it will devour this thing. I say they need to go back up to 300 hp like they said it would have a while back. And then of course offer a turbo model to compete with the Cobra. Maybe even amke an AWD model with the skylines AWD platform. That would be sick. A Twin Turbo 360 HP AWD 350 Z. It needs a spoiler too. Too plain looking now.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->u reard, nissan has confirmed that the z has 315Hp now please tell me how thw ford will beat it?<!-- Signature -->

12. I don't think a Mustang can be as efficient as this on a twisty track , a powerful engine isn't all on a car.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GrandTurismo</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from exer51</i>
    <b>The 260 hp GT we have now has a 6.0 0-60. With 280 HP it will devour this thing. I say they need to go back up to 300 hp like they said it would have a while back. And then of course offer a turbo model to compete with the Cobra. Maybe even amke an AWD model with the skylines AWD platform. That would be sick. A Twin Turbo 360 HP AWD 350 Z. It needs a spoiler too. Too plain looking now.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->u reard, nissan has confirmed that the z has 315Hp now please tell me how thw ford will beat it?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

'01 Cobra has 320 hp and 317 lb ft of torque. Does a 0-60 4.8 and 13.5 quarter. The '03 Mach1 does a 13.4 quarter and 12.9 with slicks. The '03 Cobra has 420 hp and gets a 12s. That's how.

I like this car and nissan but it is not as fast as the mustangs in its class.

14. hey is that a myustang in my rear veiw mirror!

um nissan says the car will run the 0-60 in less than 6 secs bye bye gt

15. Re: hey is that a myustang in my rear veiw mirror!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Iceman00</i>
    <b>um nissan says the car will run the 0-60 in less than 6 secs bye bye gt</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Dumb kid. New GT coupes go to 0-60 in 5.4 seconds, thank you motortrend...and it costs thousands less than the nissan will. Of course the new GTs will be even faster in 2004 with displacement bumped to 5.0L,...

A cobra's 0-60, same class now, 4.5 seconds...

16. WHY DO U CARE IF THE GT WILL BEAT THIS?????
    JUST CAUSE IT MAY BE FASTER DOSNT MEAN THE NISSAN Z WILL STOP PRODUCTION!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

17. HEY!!! MOTOR TREND TESTED THE PRODUCTION MODEL AT 5.5 SEC. 0-60, AND CAN OUT HANDLE AND BRAKE A VIPER!!! LEARN YOUR Fuckin FACTS!!!

18. allright time for some fun!

0-60 of production 350Z=5.5

0-60 of Mustang GT=5.4

tester fo both= Motor Trend...my conclusion? the GT has a 4.6L V8 vs. a 3.5L V-6 used in the Altima, Maxima and Infiniti Q35, which the was the first car to "Out BMW a BMW" according to Motor Trend. how often do you see mustangs on the cover of a mag? hardly ever... why? because they are old news. these other cars? theyre nice...and cheaper.

19. plus my brothersgirl friend has a 98 GT, yeah it sounds good, but thesuspention is WAY to soft. and the stang is a cheer leader car, V6 or GT. the nissans are more manly now. this definitly would win.

20. Good conclusion there buddy. By the way, I would say mustangs are on the covers of magazines a hell of a lot more than mostly any other car.

21. How do you figure?

22. You sound like a little b!tch that just got rammed in the ass and is screaming for mercy. First off, you need some kind of sense and somewhat of a brain to voice your opinions. Second, even if you were able to voice your opinion, not many will declare your stupid opinion valid cause you probably sound like a freakin lawn mower..probably what you drive too. Do some research, oops sorry you probably will know how to read to do so, well just do what your obviously been doing, letting someone read this to you and letting the same person type for you. Now, this is a 2004 car, compare that to the 2004 GT.....An ass whoopin like you have never seen, little boy. Still think a mustang cant hang? I'll be softer on you cause after all your as soft as toilet paper..u freakin punk...Try the 2003 SVT Cobra...no no...I'll be even softer cause after all, your a soft spoken punk that probably still wears diapers...2001 Cobra 320HP, As you can see..I have been going back in time with older cars, and this is a newer car which obviously should be an improvement over the older ones. Your such a loser..HAHA