Re: Those who call this a P.O,S are jealous

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by 70SuperBee, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Those who call this a P.O,S are jealous

Some of you are just upset that the fastest car on this website is a corvette. <!-- Signature -->

2. True...
    The import boys dont like the fact that the top speed king ( a catagory they thought they had down) was taken by a legendary corvette. Corvettes will continue to beat super cars that cost way more than them time and time again.<!-- Signature -->

3. amen.

Jealousy is true, but dont forget stupidity as well.

4. They will learn to live with it. Nothing is better than American muscle.<!-- Signature -->

5. This car is damn fast and people hate that it is american. I love it.<!-- Signature -->

6. How true.<!-- Signature -->

7. The story of this beating the F40 and 959 is funny. It was a competition to see which of the three could tune a supercar to be faster. The 959 topped at 210, but the F40 didn't even go as fast as the stock version. Then Callaway brings this out and blows them away like they never could have imagined. God bless America, and have a nice day!<!-- Signature -->

8. #8 M360, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    actually it's not that the earo car lovers are jelouse that the car with the highest top speed is american but the fact that only one of these cars were produced. I mean don't you think it's stupid, they should put only production cars on this website not concepts! and if your gonna tell me that this car is a production car well don't bother i heard the damn story too many times but if you think about it you know how many people could afford this car! there are thousands of car collectors in the world who i'm pretty sure collect many corvettes and i find it wierd that no one would buy the fastest corvette ever made as well as being the fast street legal car at the time. So those kinds of people think it's stupid becuase only one was produced so technically many other faster cars should be on this website becuase only one of those cars were produced too like the gemballa diablo and you can check out the stats at http://www.lambocars.com

9. #9 rossWal, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M360</i>
    <b>actually it's not that the earo car lovers are jelouse that the car with the highest top speed is american but the fact that only one of these cars were produced. I mean don't you think it's stupid, they should put only production cars on this website not concepts! and if your gonna tell me that this car is a production car well don't bother i heard the damn story too many times but if you think about it you know how many people could afford this car! there are thousands of car collectors in the world who i'm pretty sure collect many corvettes and i find it wierd that no one would buy the fastest corvette ever made as well as being the fast street legal car at the time. So those kinds of people think it's stupid becuase only one was produced so technically many other faster cars should be on this website becuase only one of those cars were produced too like the gemballa diablo and you can check out the stats at http://www.lambocars.com
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I think I've told you this, NO ORDERS WERE PLACED!
    Now you're going to say that someone must have wanted to buy one, well I got news for you THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAS HAPPENED!
    Here is a very good example, ever herd of the Mosler900TT? It was the fastest street legal car you could buy last year (how long this offer was I'm not sure), but know what, not one single order was ever put in. Now here is a car that's fastest all around, but no one wants to buy one, exact same story with the Sledgehammer, and now as far as I know, Mosler has given up trying to sell that one.

As far as the website you showed, remmber thats not an offical time, 255mph does not equal 410Kmph. Plus the name of the magazine was not even mentioned so we don't even know how they got that number (it could of just been what the driver read inside the car, which anyone can tell you at high speeds it is unaccurate). Remmber the Sledgehammer was tested at an actual testing center, and number achived can be confirmed, this is not so the Lambo.

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 94FORMULA</i>
    <b>Some of you are just upset that the fastest car on this website is a corvette. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->How true.<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 4 the man</i>
    <b>True...
    The import boys dont like the fact that the top speed king ( a catagory they thought they had down) was taken by a legendary corvette. Corvettes will continue to beat super cars that cost way more than them time and time again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I agree with you 100%.<!-- Signature -->

12. #12 M360, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vette1</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M360</i>
    <b>actually it's not that the earo car lovers are jelouse that the car with the highest top speed is american but the fact that only one of these cars were produced. I mean don't you think it's stupid, they should put only production cars on this website not concepts! and if your gonna tell me that this car is a production car well don't bother i heard the damn story too many times but if you think about it you know how many people could afford this car! there are thousands of car collectors in the world who i'm pretty sure collect many corvettes and i find it wierd that no one would buy the fastest corvette ever made as well as being the fast street legal car at the time. So those kinds of people think it's stupid becuase only one was produced so technically many other faster cars should be on this website becuase only one of those cars were produced too like the gemballa diablo and you can check out the stats at http://www.lambocars.com

I think I've told you this, NO ORDERS WERE PLACED!
    Now you're going to say that someone must have wanted to buy one, well I got news for you THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAS HAPPENED!
    Here is a very good example, ever herd of the Mosler900TT? It was the fastest street legal car you could buy last year (how long this offer was I'm not sure), but know what, not one single order was ever put in. Now here is a car that's fastest all around, but no one wants to buy one, exact same story with the Sledgehammer, and now as far as I know, Mosler has given up trying to sell that one.

As far as the website you showed, remmber thats not an offical time, 255mph does not equal 410Kmph. Plus the name of the magazine was not even mentioned so we don't even know how they got that number (it could of just been what the driver read inside the car, which anyone can tell you at high speeds it is unaccurate). Remmber the Sledgehammer was tested at an actual testing center, and number achived can be confirmed, this is not so the Lambo.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ok let me say a few things, why the hell wouldn't anybody want the fastest corvette in the world so that makes me wonder a bit wether the car really went into the production phase. Ever thought that maybe they just said that they were going to produce this car but they were lying... there are many tuner companies which lie and tell the people that they can do this and do that. Like hennessy, that guy has been ripping a lot of people off for the last year and he's going bankrupt too. so anyways in my opinion i really doubt it that this car was actually given the green light to produce the car.

BTW, 255 mph does equal out to 410 kmh, do that math, or maybe i'll do it to show you

255 x 1.609= 410.295 kmh! so yes 255 does equal out to 410.

13. So I guess Mosler is lying too unh?
    Go ask these people you know, why don't they spend the money on Mosler900TT. I know Mosler has been dying to produce one for a customer. And any true Corvette lover knows about Mosler's cars, they run on Corvette engines.

And buddy I know math very well

255Mph = 410.383Kmh however!
    410Kmh = 254.762!
    (by the way I'm using a conversion calculater here)
    Meaning they rounded the final numbers for the top speed
    That means that the timing wasn't official, meaning it was an estimate of what the speed was, so infact it might of been going slower.

Notice how the times for the Sledgehammer are more accurate?

If you want we can round the Sledgehammer's time too, that means the Lambo only tied the Sledgehammer, meaning the Sledgehammer still holds the record.

14. yeah ok there's something in math called rounding numbers! i don't think the site care for putting the thousandths of a seconds on the stats so they just rounded the number to 255! also 410 kmh is 254.8 mph!

15. for u #$%#s doubting it then call callaway or go check out a gm representative he'll kik ure ass for us

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M360</i>
    <b>yeah ok there's something in math called rounding numbers! i don't think the site care for putting the thousandths of a seconds on the stats so they just rounded the number to 255! also 410 kmh is 254.8 mph! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Exactly my point, those stats were rounded, meaning the can't be taken as facts. Remmber 254.5 or 254.6 are also rounded to 255, and 409.5 is also rounded to 410. My point is if yea want to put that car up against the Sledgehammer and say it went fast an accurate top speed is required just like how Callaway had the Sledgehammer tested.

I bring it up again, you round the Sledgehammers time and it also equals to 255mph or 410kmph.

If you have any doubts Callaways numbers, you should read up on the article, the Car was actually tested offically by the Technical Research Center in Ohio I believe. Where as the Lambo time wasn't offical, if it was there would have been more of an uproar about the test.

By the way when I say that 410Kmh = 254.762, I'm just adding a couple more decimal places.

17. And you still haven't answered me, if you believe there are people who are crazy about Vettes that they would of ended up buying this car, why haven't any of those same people purchased the Mosler 900TT?

(Remmber Mosler runs on a Vette engine and is well known by hard core Vette fans)

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vette1</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M360</i>
    <b>yeah ok there's something in math called rounding numbers! i don't think the site care for putting the thousandths of a seconds on the stats so they just rounded the number to 255! also 410 kmh is 254.8 mph! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Exactly my point, those stats were rounded, meaning the can't be taken as facts. Remmber 254.5 or 254.6 are also rounded to 255, and 409.5 is also rounded to 410. My point is if yea want to put that car up against the Sledgehammer and say it went fast an accurate top speed is required just like how Callaway had the Sledgehammer tested.

I bring it up again, you round the Sledgehammers time and it also equals to 255mph or 410kmph.

If you have any doubts Callaways numbers, you should read up on the article, the Car was actually tested offically by the Technical Research Center in Ohio I believe. Where as the Lambo time wasn't offical, if it was there would have been more of an uproar about the test.

By the way when I say that 410Kmh = 254.762, I'm just adding a couple more decimal places.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah i agree about the rounding of numbers, i just wished the site posted exact figures and i'm pretty sure they weren't any official figures so it could be estimed so i have no idea! so i agree wth you on that, they should have a test of the lambo to see if it's true that it can go that fast.

Anyways about the Mosler, i bet not many rich people knew that the car runs on corvette engines and also it's probably becuase not many people have heard of the company Mosler, which this car probably faced the same problem when it went into production. Not many people knew the company callaway but i'm pretty sure it would be more known since it set world records so that means the car would have been published in many places! however i'm not exactly saying that this car never went into production but i'm saying that i think it's very wierd that nobody bought it!

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Euro-Car-Crusher</i>
    <b>Amen my brothers!

I could not have spoken it any better myself. So in short, I would just like to say that all Euro-Cars suck! People that drive them should get a real AMERICAN car. Italian is alright... So Ditto to everything that was said!

Euro-Car-Crusher

You obviously are the most ignorant person i have so far seen on SC.net, first of all italy is a part of europe so if you say euro cars suck your saying that italian cars suck too which they don't! Some of the best cars the world have ever seen come from europe, Mclaren F1, Merdedes CLK-GTR, TVR speed 12, ferrari F40 and F50, those cars are all amazing so i have no #$%#ing clue why your saying that euro cars suck!

20. ok mclaren - only known as the million dollar car because of its engine and lightweight design (o wow i cant make a piece of paper fly?)

mercades? plz lets not talk bout trash with engines

and tvr is probably the only car i wud like u named there.... not a big fan of it... just like it...

so who wud really win? bmw of course! (and chevy... wudnt wanna forget them)

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>ok mclaren - only known as the million dollar car because of its engine and lightweight design (o wow i cant make a piece of paper fly?)

mercades? plz lets not talk bout trash with engines

and tvr is probably the only car i wud like u named there.... not a big fan of it... just like it...

so who wud really win? bmw of course! (and chevy... wudnt wanna forget them)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah i don't like the mercedes too much either! but the CLK-GTR isn't such a bad car it has a sweet quarter mile time and good handling but i don't like the looks!

22. Why must you constantly nationalize every damn post, if you really appreciate good cars it doesn't matter where they hell they came from.

Would you all go apeshit if South Africa came out with a supercar that rivled the McLaren F1?

This is an awsome car if your all about top speed. Personally i don't really like that many cars designed in America primarily because of the styling, but hey if its got the numbers to back it up, why ***** about its performance?

23. easy... cuz the performance sucks...... that much hp, the golden lining, the lightweight body and still, NOT a 10 second car

24. Could you imagine going that fast in a vette???

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAAAMMMMMMNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

25. Sledgehammer had this record for 13 years now? and could be produced for about 400,000 grand? DAMN thats nice...<!-- Signature -->