Re: U LOOK U AMERICANS NO NOTHING ABOUT AUTOMOTIVE

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by Guibo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. EmmArTooGuy you deserve a pat in the back for all of those caluclations! your one of the few smart people in these forums who actually know what they are talking about! clap* clap* clap*! lol

anyways, SvSi Viper, you said:

"Wrong. Again. Please, how is the 360 Modena faster than the Viper? Its not.

How much does the F40 and F50 cost? Half a million dollars? And all thats race car, theres no luxury or anything. It better beat the Viper for over 7 times the price!"

maybe you should take a look at the viper stats before you say stupid comment like that! let's do a little comparison here on the $79,000 viper ACR and the $152,000 modena stats shall we.

VIPER/MODENA
    0-60: 4.2/3.9 sec
    0-100: 10.0/10.2 sec
    1/4 mile: 12.7/12.8 sec
    top speed: 170/189 mph
    braking from 60: 155/110 ft
    slalom mph: 63.6/67.4 mph

so anyways i bet all of you are gonna disagree on the modena's 0-60 time and your gonna say like 4.2 or 4.3! well it's true actually, the 360 modena once did a 3.9 second run, i forget for which magazine but it did it, so i bet you might disagree on some of the numbers, but i got them from variouse sites and magazines!

so anyways the 360 modena beats the viper in all except quarter mile (by 0.1 of a second) and 0-100 (by 0.2 of a second) but hmmm the viper has an 8 litre engine while the modena has a small 3.6 litre one so lets see 8lt - 3.6lt = 4.4lt! oh so it has about TWICE the engine size and 2 motr cylinders to get 50 more horsepower! in my opnion that's pretty damn pathetic! oh and viper even weighs more too (i thought good racing cars were sopposed to be light) and is front engined! which car is obviously faster and better! even a retard could figure this out... the ferrari, yay good job! stupid dumb#$%# don't say stupid things like that again svsi viper it only makes you look more stupid!

Also if your gonna complain about the price difference well then i'll explain to you why:
    it's a hand made perfectly built italian car which the company is famous for having a spectacular history in Formula 1 racing and Lemans, whereas the viper is a cheaply built car, made out of the same materials as a neon and is assembled by robots and hasn't had any famous racing history and their cars are often known for having horrible handling, control, etc. so that, my friend, is why ferrari's cost more! so i'm sick and tired of hearing all this price talk! so don't complain about the price!

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M360</i>
    <b>VIPER/MODENA
    0-60: 4.2/3.9 sec
    0-100: 10.0/10.2 sec
    1/4 mile: 12.7/12.8 sec
    top speed: 170/189 mph
    braking from 60: 155/110 ft
    slalom mph: 63.6/67.4 mph

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Where the hell did you get your facts? Did you just make those up? I have never, ever seen such bad times for a Viper.

Best times for 0-60
    Both tied at 3.9, The GTS did it, the 360 Modena did it (even though 3.89 Viper to 60 is faster than 3.92 Modena to 60).

0-100
    Viper-8.8, ALWAYS
    Modena-10.2

1/4 mile
    Viper-11.97 (where the hell did you get 12.7?!)
    Modena-12.25
    Both are the best times

Top Speed
    Viper 193
    Modena The 189 has NOT been proven, it was an ESTIMATE, even though the Viper is still faster.

So, where did you get your times? Seriously? You just pulled those outta your ass.<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M360</i>
    <b>but hmmm the viper has an 8 litre engine while the modena has a small 3.6 litre one so lets see 8lt - 3.6lt = 4.4lt! oh so it has about TWICE the engine size and 2 motr cylinders to get 50 more horsepower! in my opnion that's pretty damn pathetic! oh and viper even weighs more too (i thought good racing cars were sopposed to be light) and is front engined! which car is obviously faster and better! even a retard could figure this out... the ferrari, yay good job! stupid dumb#$%# don't say stupid things like that again svsi viper it only makes you look more stupid! <</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Do you know what the purpose of a big engine is? Have you ever even heard the word..."torque"? Because if you knew anything, the bigger the engine, the more low end torque it has. At 1700 rpm the Viper is pulling 370 lb/fts torque. Not to mention its peak at 490 fl/lbs. Good low end torque = faster acceleration, without slipping the clutch at 4000 rpm just to generate torque like the small, rev happy Ferrari engines.

To you thats pathetic, but thats just because you don't know shit about cars or anything for that matter. Why don't you step out of your imagination world and look at the facts, not whats supposed to happen. The Viper pulls 1.01 g's on the skidpad, meaning it can handle turns better with high grip. It also goes through the slalom at its best of 73.6. Anything above 70 mph is phenomenal. The Ferrari doesn't even go past 70 in the slalom, or at least I haven't seen it.

Ferrari, better? Yes...with all the money put into it it has to be. Faster? Not even close. You need the half-million dollar Ferrari F40 and F50 to be faster and acclerate quicker.

So, who looks dumb now? Don't mess around with people who know what they are talking about rookie, so back to the books and learn a few things then open your mouth.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>The 1st post of this thread is pure sh!t.

SvSi Viper ,

Please get real , the Viper is as fast as the 360 Modena , but is eaten alive by the F40 and F50.

Guibo ,

The 800TT is I think 9.92s and not 9.52s</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Wrong. Again. Please, how is the 360 Modena faster than the Viper? Its not.

How much does the F40 and F50 cost? Half a million dollars? And all thats race car, theres no luxury or anything. It better beat the Viper for over 7 times the price!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

SvSi Viper ,

Can you read ???

I 've written "the Viper is as fast as the 360 Modena".

5. #30 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    M360:
    The 360 Modena has done 0-60 in only ONE test, done by Motor Trend. The Viper has done it TWICE. Popular Mechanics and C&D both recorded the 3.9 second figure. See below, and look at this link:
    http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/1997/8/showdown_new_muscle_cars/index2.phtml
    [Hey, notice that 60-0 braking figure is FAR better than what R&T can achieve. It appears R&T is the only mag that has problems with trying to get the Viper to stop.]

There are 6 or 7 tests showing the Viper hitting the 100 mark in 8.8 seconds, with a best of 8.7. How many tests for the 360 Modena show it doing anywhere near that? Usually 9.5 is the quicker end of the Modena's 0-100 scale.

Top speed for the Viper is 170? WTF?! Maybe if it was towing the Modena with a hitch. Fact is, the Viper routinely tops out at over 185 mph, with 187-193 being the norm. I've never seen a Modena hit the claimed/estimated top speed of 189 mph. The closest is about 184 for the 360F1 tested by Auto Motor und Sport. But that car took 4.8 seconds to get to 62 mph. Kiss your 0-60 in 3.9 GOODBYE!

6. Even the RT/10 roadster does better than 170. See? C&D knows how to stop the Viper.

7. Yeah i know some of the numbers were wrong, but i wasn't posting the best numbers that i know except for the modena 0-60 times! anways i got my top speed for the viper of this site which is the viper ACR which i said in my comparison so maybe you should learn to read, and yeah i know the viper does have a higher top speed then 170 but I posted what i saw under the ACR viper! as for the modena's top speed, i also saw many figures saying it to be 184mph and 185 mph, but i was looking at R&T figures for the top speed and it clearly said 189 so i posted it. also another thing is that you and I both know that the modena brakes better then the viper and it has been shown on numerous tests and overall the modena has had better braking times, becuase the viper hasn't even put ABS on their brakes while the tests were done, while the ferrari does so that's why the ferrari braked better. One more thing i'd like to add is about the 1/4 mile times for both cars. I got the 12.7 second number of this site under the dodge viper ACR so maybe you are having trouble reading and i clearly said that i was doing a comparison between the dodge viper ACR and the 360 modena! but for some stupid reason you started to prove me wrong by showing me different numbers and telling that mine are way off! well maybe it's becuase you are showing the numbers of a different model DODGE VIPER!!! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GIVING ME NUMBERS OF THE GTS WHEN I CLEARLY POSTED NUMBERS OF THE ACR! maybe you should think about that for a minute before you opened your mouth at me!
    and one final thing, can you please show me the test where the viper had a 193 mph top speed cuase i haven't seen any of those firgures so if you show me a test or a link or something i would appreciate it!

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M360</i>
    <b>Yeah i know some of the numbers were wrong, but i wasn't posting the best numbers that i know except for the modena 0-60 times! anways i got my top speed for the viper of this site which is the viper ACR which i said in my comparison so maybe you should learn to read, and yeah i know the viper does have a higher top speed then 170 but I posted what i saw under the ACR viper! as for the modena's top speed, i also saw many figures saying it to be 184mph and 185 mph, but i was looking at R&T figures for the top speed and it clearly said 189 so i posted it. also another thing is that you and I both know that the modena brakes better then the viper and it has been shown on numerous tests and overall the modena has had better braking times, becuase the viper hasn't even put ABS on their brakes while the tests were done, while the ferrari does so that's why the ferrari braked better. One more thing i'd like to add is about the 1/4 mile times for both cars. I got the 12.7 second number of this site under the dodge viper ACR so maybe you are having trouble reading and i clearly said that i was doing a comparison between the dodge viper ACR and the 360 modena! but for some stupid reason you started to prove me wrong by showing me different numbers and telling that mine are way off! well maybe it's becuase you are showing the numbers of a different model DODGE VIPER!!! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GIVING ME NUMBERS OF THE GTS WHEN I CLEARLY POSTED NUMBERS OF THE ACR! maybe you should think about that for a minute before you opened your mouth at me!
    and one final thing, can you please show me the test where the viper had a 193 mph top speed cuase i haven't seen any of those firgures so if you show me a test or a link or something i would appreciate it!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So, the truth comes out. You picked the worst times seen for the Viper, and the best times for the Modena. Hmm...kinda strange. But when picked the best times for both cars, the Viper kills the Modena, there is really no competition. For braking, the Viper now has ABS.

And, why pick the ACR? The GTS has 10 less horsepower and weighs more but is faster than the ACR. Strange. But still, even the best times for the ACR beat the Modena.

<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EmmArTooGuy</i>
    <b>SvSi Viper,

The Viper is the most powerful production car in the US for under $100K USD. The fastest 1/4 mile for a production car in the US for under $100K USD is the Caterham R500...230 bhp, 1190 lbs as driven. Once again, I'm not mouthing at you either. I just though you should know.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Incorrect. The Viper is the most powerful production car under 100k USD in the <b>World</b>. Also, its the fastest. And, the Caterham by no means is a production car. You build it yourself, or give them money to build it for you. Its a kit car. Same exact for the Tiger. I could say the Viper is the quickest (acceleration), fastest (top speed), and most powerful car under 100,000 USD in the world, because it is. But when I say quickest, people throw the Tiger at me, and its getting annoying, even though its not a production car. Oh well.<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EmmArTooGuy</i>
    <b>SvSi Viper,

The Viper is the most powerful production car in the US for under $100K USD. The fastest 1/4 mile for a production car in the US for under $100K USD is the Caterham R500...230 bhp, 1190 lbs as driven. Once again, I'm not mouthing at you either. I just though you should know.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Incorrect. The Viper is the most powerful production car under 100k USD in the <b>World</b>. Also, its the fastest. And, the Caterham by no means is a production car. You build it yourself, or give them money to build it for you. Its a kit car. Same exact for the Tiger. I could say the Viper is the quickest (acceleration), fastest (top speed), and most powerful car under 100,000 USD in the world, because it is. But when I say quickest, people throw the Tiger at me, and its getting annoying, even though its not a production car. Oh well.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Tiger and Caterham are Production cars, I don't think they let you build the R500 yourself anyway.<!-- Signature -->

11. It doesn't make sense. How can anyone classify it as a production car. They are kit cars. They are not made unless you ask to buy one. That means that The Venom 800TT would be production by those rules because you ask them to build you a more powerful Viper. <!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b>It doesn't make sense. How can anyone classify it as a production car. They are kit cars. They are not made unless you ask to buy one. That means that The Venom 800TT would be production by those rules because you ask them to build you a more powerful Viper. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Venom 800TT Is a modified car, as you have to buy a standard Viper then Uprate it, the Tiger and Caterham leave the Factory as fast as they are.<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LiquidChild</i>
    <b>I think what the Dickhead at the Top Of the Page means or I hope he means is that the Tiger is the Fastest accelerating Stock car, I've already asked for this guy to be banned like six times!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->how do you ask for people to be banned???

Thanx and for the guy that started this. Hes an arse. ignore him, let him dream. The viper stock is a good car in all aspects but i am not sure that the 800tt will be good at turning. I am not sure o dont bite my head off.<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b>It doesn't make sense. How can anyone classify it as a production car. They are kit cars. They are not made unless you ask to buy one. That means that The Venom 800TT would be production by those rules because you ask them to build you a more powerful Viper. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Look dude, its true you have the *option* of building it yourself but they are a production car. You can go to a Caterham dealer and drive away with one. There are more Super 7s (base model R500) sold world wide than Vipers in a single year so its is really more of a production car than the Viper. Do you think its not a production car just because it is hand built? The Viper is hand built too. "Production" is based on units sold per year.

Also, your little "They are not made unless you ask to buy one." McDonald's mass produces crappy burgers, the good stuff is never made until you ask for it.<!-- Signature -->

15. You guys are unbelievably dumb. Americans build some of the best cars. Why do you think you still see old camaros, mustangs, trans ams, trucks, suburbans?? Because they are quality.<!-- Signature -->

16. us americans know nuthing about cars huh?, ok, if u say so, just i read and see everywhere how us americans price everything cheaper and still hold all top records. if the viper is so damn bad(which isnt, just yur jealous) then y do yur european companies modify them too? go ask geiger, luigi colani, michalak, rinspeed, startech, and yasemin y they even bother if viper so much suck, even as u try to modify them, we americans still manage to modify it even better. if u wanna pull any car out yur ass tryin to top the ones on this site, then pull out the giwasa or svsi out yur ass and start comparing. i assure you that you wont find me a street car to top these 1200hp cars. and another thing, that bughatti has wut, 1001hp, (on european standards) with 16 cylinders and quad turbos.........quad turbos?, remember thats 4, giwasa and svsi proved u can use 2 turbos or even a supercharger to get that kinda power from the viper, if we ever get the sense u might start catchin up to us on technology here, we could start by putting a 3rd, or 4th turbo into the viper, theres still so far the viper can by modified with 1200hp

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ilovevipers</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LiquidChild</i>
    <b>I think what the Dickhead at the Top Of the Page means or I hope he means is that the Tiger is the Fastest accelerating Stock car, I've already asked for this guy to be banned like six times!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->how do you ask for people to be banned???

Thanx and for the guy that started this. Hes an arse. ignore him, let him dream. The viper stock is a good car in all aspects but i am not sure that the 800tt will be good at turning. I am not sure o dont bite my head off.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Go into the Website Dec. Forum.<!-- Signature -->

18. And just an added comment, I would rather drive a Viper than any other car compared to it in this forum, no matter which performs better. It is the Heritage, The Legacy that drives me. To be cruising in a Viper, and Viper would be one of the greatest things in the world, people need to think practically. How often are you really going to use this power? Think of just cruising in a Viper! Now think of cruising in a F60 or any other compared car. There is no comparison!!!<!-- Signature -->

19. I agree that the Viper would be about the best car ever to go cruising in but there are cars that compare although none can compare with the awesome music that its unique engine produces, I can still think of other cars that would come close. Say... a Ferrari 550 Maranello or a Corvette. I don't know, it's just an opinion. I'm sure some people wouldn't want to step foot in a Viper and other wouldn't be caught dead in a Ferrari. I don't understand either of those two types because they'd be missing out but like I said, it's all an opinion. I just can't get over that sound a Viper makes. Pure muscle. Then you compare it to the Ferrari's F1 sound. Completely different styles. I'm more on the side of the Viper but again, that's just my opinion.<!-- Signature -->

20. u shit suker eat american shit u british ***** kill yourself i got tons of videos of vipers killing lamborghini shits in 1/4 mile races vipers can kill all ur european shit cars for half the price i could take a standard viper n take the extra 150 000 cash n give it an enourmous engine n seriously leave any lambo in the dust

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuPrARiDeR</i>
    <b>u shit suker eat american shit u british ***** kill yourself i got tons of videos of vipers killing lamborghini shits in 1/4 mile races vipers can kill all ur european shit cars for half the price i could take a standard viper n take the extra 150 000 cash n give it an enourmous engine n seriously leave any lambo in the dust </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

In English please...

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LiquidChild</i>
    <b> The Tiger and Caterham are Production cars, I don't think they let you build the R500 yourself anyway.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Uh, how can a replica car(Caterham) be considered production? It's basically a replica of the Lotus Super 7, isn't it? If you still believe it IS, I'll say a Superformance GT Coupe 427 is production car too, and it will dog the hell out of the Caterham on the track.<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuPrARiDeR</i>
    <b>u shit suker eat american shit u british ***** kill yourself i got tons of videos of vipers killing lamborghini shits in 1/4 mile races vipers can kill all ur european shit cars for half the price i could take a standard viper n take the extra 150 000 cash n give it an enourmous engine n seriously leave any lambo in the dust </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What is America’s fascination with the quarter mile? Was Fast and the Furious that good of a movie that now the criteria of grading performance cars are based on the Œ mile? Get real, there is a lot more to look at. The Diablo is not a dragster so losing on a Œ mile drag strip hardly makes it a piece of shit. Take a stock Viper ACR and a Diablo GT or Murcielago and compare the 0-60s. By their numbers the Lambo would “kill” the Viper. But that's not all that matters now is it?

By the way, the ACR Viper had a quarter mile time of 12.6 while the Diablo 6.0 had a time of 12 flat in the March 2001 issue of Road and Track. That isn’t even the fastest Lamborghini out there. I’ll let you see for yourself.
    <!-- Signature -->

24. 12.6?! Thats horrible for the Viper. The Viper usually gets 12.2, 11.9 being its best.

gsolinas, why do you keep comparing the Viper to hugely-priced exotics out there? The Viper costs near 70,000, and the Lambo costs closer to 200,000 and over! And you think the Viper is not living up to its expectations? Come on! You think engine size is a factor, how could price not be? The Lambo costs over 3 times more, and still only loses by a slight margin, while still beating out many and most Lamborghini's. To me, thats a huge accomplishment for the Viper.<!-- Signature -->

25. Horrible as it may be that is what is written down. To be honest I’ve also seen it hit 12.5 but that is still not better than 12.0.

Now this price talk I’ve heard before. I can see how it is thought that a car that costs as much as the Diablo should outperform the $70,000 Viper but then so should the Bentley Azure. Price has more to do with how it is made and what goes into it than performance. The Diablo has a navigation system in it for example, whereas the ACR won’t have either CD player nor Air Conditioning unless you specifically request it. The Vipers before 2000 didn’t even come equipped with ABS brakes. Lamborghinis are also rarer then Vipers bringing there value up while the Viper’s drops. It’s like a gold chain, you can be looking at two that are both 18 carat gold weighing the same but if one is “one of a kind” it will cost more. For Americans there is also the added cost of importing. That works the other way as well if say someone in France wanted a Dodge. But the fact is no manufacturer builds a car tests its top speed, 0-60, and slalom and puts a price tag on it. Cost of production and other luxuries have a serious hand in the pricing of anything. Cars are no different.

Please keep this a mature and civilized conversation and adjust your sig. Those are childish opinions that could easily be argued.

What car does Nicholas Cage drive? The answer. Lamborghini Diablo. No joke.
    <!-- Signature -->