Re: U people will be disappointed :(

Discussion in '1999 Mercedes-Benz Vision SLR' started by spock1, Aug 10, 2002.

1. For a person who calls himself Speed Demon you have very little understanding of modern auto transmissions. Mercedes Benz are leaders in auto transmission development. To even suggest that the SLR, equiped with an auto shifter, will be a disappointment is a narrow minded point of view. Look at the tranmission in the new BMW M3. It shifts almost as quick as a F1 car and a faster version is in the way.
    The Merc auto will be even better.

2. you said 996, not 966. and look at your name.<!-- Signature -->

3. U people will be disappointed :(

Hey all of ya out their u will be really disappointed to know dat this car is a really fast but its an auto gear, shift somefin u wont look for in a fast car.And its not available to all people.All the cars dats have or r goin to be produced have already been bought by people. <!-- Signature -->

4. I think we will be dissapointed, but not because all the cars have been sold. I doubt Daimler-Chrysler will give it the "OK". I think that Mercedes will use some of its design elements for other cars instead. <!-- Signature -->

5. I'm getting one. Seriously (yeah, rich kid). My Dad got one offered to him, and it's under my name. Anyways...yeah, it's a automatic...yeah it's governed to 198.0 MPH, yeah all of them are sold (Like that really matters to me)...But I looked at the gearing system on it. It's simular to the Tiptronic on the 911 Turbo, but it's super senitive! Mean molecule touch sensitive. I also head Mercedes is planning a DTM version of this car in 2003. I wish that it would be at the lease an F1 shifter system like the M3 or 360. But hey, it's more a status car (I EMPHASIZE STATUS CAR) than anything. Just about everyone who has bought these things are over 55 and are going to horde them. VERY few are luck pricks like me! But, I mean, you're going to have a 250+G car, are you going to go banging it up the road racing every damn Prelude, Intrgra, Civic or Nissan that's a tunney car??? HELL NO! I drive a 996 Turbo (hence the name) and I don't give these machismo grinding buggers the time of day. The Prelude beats an expensive exoto...big deal, the exoto let him!

CIAO

6. "996Turbo" is full of crap. I don't believe anything you said. The Vision SLR is merely a concept! They are not for sale! They never were for sale and they probably never will hit the market! Hence the name "Vision SLR Concept". And no, not even your dad, whoever he may be, was ever offered one. Good grief. Not only that, you've lost all your credibility and I do not believe you drive a 996 Turbo.<!-- Signature -->

7. 966 turbo, you are a giant wanker. Get your hand off it mate. You are the machismo moron that you so quickly renounce.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from spock1</i>
    <b>966 turbo, you are a giant wanker. Get your hand off it mate. You are the machismo moron that you so quickly renounce.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> LOOK AT THAT...ITS SLOWER THEN A CORVETTE. WOW, CHEVY STILL MAKES THE BEST CAR EVER.

9. This... slovwer than the vette? I beg ur pardon...<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 996 Turbo</i>
    <b>I'm getting one. Seriously (yeah, rich kid). My Dad got one offered to him, and it's under my name. Anyways...yeah, it's a automatic...yeah it's governed to 198.0 MPH, yeah all of them are sold (Like that really matters to me)...But I looked at the gearing system on it. It's simular to the Tiptronic on the 911 Turbo, but it's super senitive! Mean molecule touch sensitive. I also head Mercedes is planning a DTM version of this car in 2003. I wish that it would be at the lease an F1 shifter system like the M3 or 360. But hey, it's more a status car (I EMPHASIZE STATUS CAR) than anything. Just about everyone who has bought these things are over 55 and are going to horde them. VERY few are luck pricks like me! But, I mean, you're going to have a 250+G car, are you going to go banging it up the road racing every damn Prelude, Intrgra, Civic or Nissan that's a tunney car??? HELL NO! I drive a 996 Turbo (hence the name) and I don't give these machismo grinding buggers the time of day. The Prelude beats an expensive exoto...big deal, the exoto let him!

CIAO</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Well good for ya!
    I't upto god whether ur telling truth or BS<!-- Signature -->

11. yeah ohh well if he gets it or not, if he does hopefully he'll be nice enough to post pics, and dyno graphs, 1/4 mile time stats etc for us on this webiste, and if he is lying well then he's one low motha f'er

12. ohhhhhhhh! i want one....

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 996 Turbo</i>
    <b>I'm getting one. Seriously (yeah, rich kid). My Dad got one offered to him, and it's under my name. Anyways...yeah, it's a automatic...yeah it's governed to 198.0 MPH, yeah all of them are sold (Like that really matters to me)...But I looked at the gearing system on it. It's simular to the Tiptronic on the 911 Turbo, but it's super senitive! Mean molecule touch sensitive. I also head Mercedes is planning a DTM version of this car in 2003. I wish that it would be at the lease an F1 shifter system like the M3 or 360. But hey, it's more a status car (I EMPHASIZE STATUS CAR) than anything. Just about everyone who has bought these things are over 55 and are going to horde them. VERY few are luck pricks like me! But, I mean, you're going to have a 250+G car, are you going to go banging it up the road racing every damn Prelude, Intrgra, Civic or Nissan that's a tunney car??? HELL NO! I drive a 996 Turbo (hence the name) and I don't give these machismo grinding buggers the time of day. The Prelude beats an expensive exoto...big deal, the exoto let him!

CIAO</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->hello, my name is harvey duncan! nice yo meet you. have you ever heard of the delorean. its acually very inexpensive. at the most they are 25k. the cheapest is 7k. iwas wondering where you live, and would you be my friend? i love rare cars. if not a friend would you donate to the delorean fund? i am currently at $945. at the time i started i had about $230. that was 5 months ago. i need alot of help to get thi car. no rush though. im only 14, and i have two years. but would you please donate? if not id like to see the turbo and SLR.

Your hopful friend,
    Harvey C. Duncan<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 996 Turbo</i>

CIAO</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey eveybody! The Sultan of Brunei changed his name! Hey 996, one day you and me got to get together. We'll get loaded with some Canadian beer and race. You bring your SLR, and I'll bring my 7 McLarens which are all remotley linked to a lead car and mimic all the things that I'll be doing in my Ferrari F60! But don't let anyone else come. My F60 is still a concept, and it wouldn't be fair for Enzo and the boys if everyone got a chance to see it before they ever built one.

Hope to hear from you!

15. There is a reason mercedes makes their cars automatic. Look at the people who buy the cars. For the most part they are almost all of the elderly. Kids dont have the money to buy one of these, and old people dont enjoy shifting. Also who said this was faster than the vettes? because the vettes do 0-60 in 4.25 tops and this does it in 4.2, hmm, funny cuz this one is faster. Also dont ever say vettes are the best cars every because they are not at all.

16. ya, about that 996 turbo guy. i dont think that your dad would just give this car to you. although it is being made, my uncle who lives in flordia or something has had one on order for 3 years. that should be sweet even though ill probably never see him. but your just a liar and im gonna eat your brain

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Oliver Peck</i>
    <b>"996Turbo" is full of crap. I don't believe anything you said. The Vision SLR is merely a concept! They are not for sale! They never were for sale and they probably never will hit the market! Hence the name "Vision SLR Concept". And no, not even your dad, whoever he may be, was ever offered one. Good grief. Not only that, you've lost all your credibility and I do not believe you drive a 996 Turbo.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What?............it's being built by McLaren in Woking and is due out a few years...........remember u do need a concept before u make a production car(j/k)
    They will probably make a few changes from the concept but I think it will still be an auto because Mercedes make the best auto's in the world <!-- Signature -->

18. I saw one 2 years ago at the indy F1 race. they sent it around the track 2 times. too bad it was a Fu@&ing downpoor.<!-- Signature -->

19. Yeah? Well I'm Bill Gates secret son, and hes going to get me one of these to go with my McLaren F0 Concept car thats only coming out in 2005 for everyone else, but Dads getting them to make one special for me. Its going to be able to do 300 on the road, and I'll be able to drive it that fast on the road cos Dad will pay all the tickets I get.

Oh, yeah I'm 5 years old and a pathological liar too.<!-- Signature -->

20. Mercedes HAVE given this car the go ahead and they HAVE already sold the first 40. THEY ARRIVE IN 2003! I think 996 Turbo is telling the truth. Lucky git!

21. The Mrecedes Auto tranmissions are the best on the market,but.. Its no fun!! Manuals are much coller to drive!! Cant do by ex. make a burnout wit a auto.. at least its hard!
    Aiight bout the car... It looks nice but it could be even nicer wit some changes... I agree wit the quote about Mercedes would use this to form other cars..

I dont think I would get dissapointed =)..

22. It is true that these cars allready have a virtual marketplace. Production has not started but a few lucky people have been guranteed the first 40 or so. However these people are all european. Most of them either work for Mercedes (design executives etc...) or are the Ceo's of companys that work with Mercedes (Hella, Bosch). One person is selling his spot to get the car in Germany. I think the kid is lying unless his dad belongs to the group of people mentioned above. I am 100% sure that this information is correct because my neighbor is responsible for Mercedes- Benz Sales of North America. Not even he is guaranteed one so I doubt this kid will.<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Fordsuck</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from spock1</i>
    <b>966 turbo, you are a giant wanker. Get your hand off it mate. You are the machismo moron that you so quickly renounce.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> LOOK AT THAT...ITS SLOWER THEN A CORVETTE. WOW, CHEVY STILL MAKES THE BEST CAR EVER.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Since when can a non modified Corvette go as fast as 310+ kmh ???

24. Actually they will be selling these. I talked to a gentleman working for mercedes and the cleveland auto show. i was asking him about the amg SL 55 and he told me that they are lowering the hp. He told me the reason is is that they are coming out with the SLR. My only question is are they coming out with a AMG Version (AMG SLR 55?)Say with a wing bigger rims and ground effects.

p.s. when i say ground effects i am talking about side skirts, fenders, front and rear bumper that make the car look lower<!-- Signature -->

25. r u nutz this is the tightest car ever........ well besides the 800tt!<!-- Signature -->