Re: ugly and fast.

Discussion in '2002 Morgan Aero 8 GT' started by CorvetteZO6, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

lookin like a old style car as it is.... i dunno looks weird....

but still the power will be matched by corvette in 2004 they say... actually corvette will be beter

2. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>lookin like a old style car as it is.... i dunno looks weird....

but still the power will be matched by corvette in 2004 they say... actually corvette will be beter</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This will own the new vette. Even if the new vette only weighed 3000 pounds, it would have to have 681 bhp to have the same power/weight ratio. Besides, who would cross shop this and a vette. This is a quality hand built machine, and is exclusive, hence the high price.

3. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

I'm always around hot rods (30's-60's cars) and even I have to say this is ugly. BUT WHO CARES?? 500 hp in that little thing would be some shit. Only thing that looked like more fun was a 800 hp Morris Minor I saw at the last Goodguys show I went to in Tampa. Oh, the 800 hp was before nitrous, and no, it wasn't the original engine (it was a blown Ford V8).

4. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

wakkawu.. u sad americans.. only thing u guys can come up with is.. "corvette is the best".. "vette this and vette that".. vettes are #$%#en gay.. if i'd have to drive an american car, i'd take a viper any day..<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

I think that if you don't like this car you are insane. It is nice. Unique. Sexy. Smooth. Sleek. It will thke the Vipers ass any day!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

I love how you guys keep saying " oh wow, it's so light and powerful...it would be so fast against street cars like the 'vette and the viper...bla bla bla", but you seem to be forgetting one thing: IT'S A RACE CAR! This car is not street legal, so any comparison made to a street car is null and irrelevant. It runs slick tires, has a carbon fiber body and various carbon fiber pieces throughout, it's interior is stripped down to only necessities, and every possible pain is taken to make it as fast as possible ON THE RACE TRACK. And it's not fast either. It's being beaten into the ground by the Porsches and Ferraris, and if the Callaway C12R ( a derivative of the corvette which some of you have said is so inferior to this car) were at Le Mans this year it would slap this thing around like a red-headed step child. After all, the Callaway claimed pole in the GT class last year. So, 1. this car shouldn't be compared to street cars since its maximium power and minimum weight are determined by someone other than the engineers that built it (the A.C.O. has final say on those specs), and it's not street legal by any stretch of the imagination 2. this car is not that fast compared to its competition, so don't kid yourselves.

7. Re: One awesome race car

This car is being sent to LeMans this year (reliabilty may be a problem), with over 400bhp, it looks like Porsche will complain about this GT car aswell.

8. Re: One awesome race car

Lightweight cars rule!<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: One awesome race car

when BMW introduces tne Mini Cooper M, they need to make that into a GT car--that would be great!<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: One awesome race car

The porsche teams at Le Mans are not going to complain about this car because they are much, much faster. The Racers Group Porsche was 36 seconds faster than this car in pre-qualifying. Plus the reliability on this thing sucks; within 11 laps it had blown its engine. Slow + Fragile = terrible car for Le Mans

11. Iffy colour scheme

It would have looked a lot better if it wasn't yellow.
    Also i'm more than a little worried about it having 500bhp, i mean that's almost as much as the MG LMP675 car, and at least the MG is a real racing car. the road car is a lot better.

12. Re: Iffy colour scheme

I have posted this in another thread but will post it again here.

The reason it is this colour is because it is sponsored by DeWalt power tools. DeWalt designated colours are Black and Amber(yellowish)
    This is the only reason this car is this colour. All Dewalt sponsored cars are these two colours. Just thought I would let you guys know.

13. Re: Iffy colour scheme

I made the 500hp comment because the last time i saw a morgan racing, it looked a bit like it was unable to handle that sort of power, although no doubt this one will be better. That was at the 1996 BPR event at Brands Hatch (won convincingly by the Porsche GT-One)

14. Re: Iffy colour scheme

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MR.VETTE</i>
    <b>I have posted this in another thread but will post it again here.

The reason it is this colour is because it is sponsored by DeWalt power tools. DeWalt designated colours are Black and Amber(yellowish)
    This is the only reason this car is this colour. All Dewalt sponsored cars are these two colours. Just thought I would let you guys know.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well "DeWalt" have a shitty colour scheme for their business..>>lol
    Later<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Iffy colour scheme

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from seven years of thunder</i>
    <b>It would have looked a lot better if it wasn't yellow.
    Also i'm more than a little worried about it having 500bhp, i mean that's almost as much as the MG LMP675 car, and at least the MG is a real racing car. the road car is a lot better.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Poor kid, are you colorblind? It's orange, not yellow.

16. who thinks this is ugly but is a good performer

this is pretty ugly but im sure it performs wonderfully but it doesnt look like the most aerodynamic thing either but i may be wrong

17. Re: who thinks this is ugly but is a good performer

well i gotta diagree on the ugly part i love it -would u take 1?

18. Re: who thinks this is ugly but is a good performer

id take one but its not exactly elegant in my book its blahhhhh i think

19. Re: who thinks this is ugly but is a good performer

that paint job is just , "wrong">>>
    Later<!-- Signature -->

20. Ugly *****

This has gotta be the ugliest race car I have ever seen!
    The Morgan looks bad to begin with, but this......

Bet it's fast though....<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Ugly *****

i agree its pretty ugly but i agree im sure it goes incredibly fats at 500 hp and 2222lbs the desing has hardly changed from teh old ones get a new design

22. Re: Ugly *****

YOUR MOM<!-- Signature -->

23. ugly and fast.

Its got performance no style.<!-- Signature -->

24. doesn't have performance either

25. Are all Americans this stupid?
    Style is a matter of personal opinion.
    And you say it has no performance.........well then you're clearly stupid<!-- Signature -->