Re: V12 in a Vette: It rules!

Discussion in '1993 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe ZR1' started by england r the best, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Dude, Monkey4U, get your facts straight. First off, he meant that 0-60 in 3.9 is relatively slow for a car with a V-12 and 600hp. Secondly, a McLaren F1 does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, not 3.9; the McLaren F1 LM makes it in 2.9. Next, the Lamborghini Murcielago accelerates from 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, not 4.3. Also, horsepower doesn't matter for accelerating, torque does. Finally there are several cars, with or without V-12's that hit 60 in under 4 sec. Let me roll off just a few: Dodge Viper SRT-10, Lamborghini Diablo GTR, Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster Millennium, Ferrari F50, Ferrari Enzo, Ferrari F40, Jaguar XJ220 TWR, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 911GT2, Porsche Carrera GT, Koenigsegg CC, Bugatti EB 110 SS, Bugatti Veyron, Mercedes SLR, Mercedes CLK-GTR, Jaguar XJR-15, Dauer 962 Le Mans, TVR Speed 12, Saleen S7, and countless others, cuz I only mentioned cars that were not modified, these are stock, unlike the V-12 vette you're talking about. You should feel like a complete dumbass right now, having made a bigger fool of yourself than I would have thought possible, especially from some one registered on a car site like this, and having been ripped into by me, another new member. Since you are a new member, like myself, I will pardon your idiocy this one time, and I suggest you check up on your performance numbers before you go about making an ass of yourself. The next piece of crap I expect you're going to say is that vipers suck and that vettes are better!? Know the facts before you post. Hi Kobus.

2. are you stu stu stu stupid !? this has a v-8

3. the corvette 427 tt has 725 hp , 0-60 1.9 seconds 1/4 mile 8.9 top speed 240mph

beat that you chinks

4. lol the Glued Together 40 times was shit compared to teh 69 l88 corvette which ran 10.7 1/4 mi times w/550 hp compared to the ford which ran 13.9 thats funny so suck it found on road dead!

5. fastest street legal car is the lingenfelter 427TT corvette 0-60 in 1.9 seconds and a quarter mile in the mid 9's

6. it doesn't top out at 240
    the gear ratios are set up for that

7. I just read all the crap you put on you signature and I have to say that you're one of the DUMBEST PEOPLE I'VE SEEN. I mean, you can't even spell "luxury" correctly! How old are you? 14? Some kid hoping to get his license in a couple years? Ferrari spanks Porsche all day long and you know it. Porsches are EXCELLENT sportscars, but Ferrari makes rare exotics. There's no comparison.

Take the word of a Ferrari Challenge driver. :)

8. Actually, the McLaren does it in 3.2 seconds; NOT 3.9.

9. wrong, the FASTEST street-legal car IS the Sledgehammer. I think you mean that the 427TT vette is the QUICKEST. But you're still wrong, cuz the Viper Venom 1000TT does 0-60 in 1.85 sec, and the quarter mile in 8.93, compared to your vette's 8.95 sec. So whichever way you meant "fastest", you're still wrong.

10. First of all you guys looked at 12 cylinders and thought it must do 0-60 in 3 seconds or sometihng.

You also failed to understand that when this car was built no other cars were matching its performance. And there has yet to be a NA 100HP/L car yet on the HP net system so this car fits right in.

You must remember 1992 tire technology as well, it would be hard to get something alot faster to 60MPH on street tires at that time with that much HP. But I would have to admit that it has little HP for how big the motor is. And this goes to show you that haveing 12 cylinders isnt that much better then having 8.

11. have to agree with you it is not because you have more cylinders that it means that the car is faster.for me the zr1 is still a milestone among corvettes.

regards

426hemistage8

12. V12 in a vette. were did you read that. never happened, DOHC wasnt the only special thing. but the great Lotus built that engine, explaining the reason for the DOHC, and only 8 cylinders not 12.