Re: vipers r cool so stop dissin them

Discussion in '2002 Dodge Viper GTS Final Edition' started by Linchpin, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pinner</i>
    <b>Wow Type R, you're such an idiot I don't even know where to begin! By your logic, any car with nice rims and lowered is obviously capable of single digit runs. Right? Wrong you moron! Front wheel drive is better for racing? You've obviously never raced before. When a car launches, where does the weight shift to? The back you idiot. The weight shifts to the back! IF you dump the clutch with FWD, it's hard to get a good launch without wheel hop. THAT'S why drag cars are rear wheel drive.

ps that's one fast #$%#ing k car!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

lol, thanks for putting the dipshit in his place.

There's nothing special about FF. As soon as your back end slips, it's all over.<!-- Signature -->

2. vipers r cool so stop dissin them

even though it might not be the best car out there its still pretty damn good so all u viper haters just shut up!

3. Vipers are Cool until they get Beat by a Civic!!!

I've seen a Video of it. Both Cars Spun the Tires, but the Civic absolutely took off on the Vipers ass!!!<!-- Signature -->

4. And it's a stock Civic?...

5. Of course not...

Both Cars were Modified, or at least looked that way. The Viper was lowered and had nice rims, so I assume it had some kind of Power Mods too.

But, if a Viper can be Beat by a Civic, even a Modified one, what's so Great about them?<!-- Signature -->

6. I bet that Civic doesn't handle worth crap though. Besides, you could always modify the Viper too....

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Monkey</i>
    <b>I bet that Civic doesn't handle worth crap though. Besides, you could always modify the Viper too....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Your Reply is Laughable... I bet the Civic handles like a GOD compared to a Viper, but at least You seemingly understand REAL racing is not done in a Straight line.

Both cars in the video spun thier tires, and I believe the reason the Civic won was because it hooked up quicker - having extra weight over the driving tires, which is why FF is so DAMN GOOD!<!-- Signature -->

8. wow, one civic actually beat a viper, i bet you thyats the only civic in the world that will beat it. geez, all you viper haters.<!-- Signature -->

9. I bet there are many more than 1 Civic that could Beat a Viper buddy...

Monkey: Love your Avatar! VW RULES!!!<!-- Signature -->

10. If FWD is so good, why do so many dragsters (yes, even the import dragsters) use RWD? Aren't the quickest RX-7's still faster than the quickest Civics?

BTW, have you seen the video of the Viper beating the Diablo? How about the Chrylser K-Car beating the Supra?

11. #11 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  12. #12 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b>Both Cars were Modified, or at least looked that way. The Viper was lowered and had nice rims, so I assume it had some kind of Power Mods too.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    LMFAO!!! What kind of "reasoning" is that?

Nice rims, huh? Can you tell me what kind they were? Lowered? By how much? What was the ride height? Was it a 1" drop? A 2" drop? Considering this video was shot at night, we don't know SQUAT about that Viper.

http://cool.berber.co.il/CoolStuff/cars/Racing%20-%20Honda%20Civic%20vs%20Dodge%20Viper.mpeg

13. Wow Type R, you're such an idiot I don't even know where to begin! By your logic, any car with nice rims and lowered is obviously capable of single digit runs. Right? Wrong you moron! Front wheel drive is better for racing? You've obviously never raced before. When a car launches, where does the weight shift to? The back you idiot. The weight shifts to the back! IF you dump the clutch with FWD, it's hard to get a good launch without wheel hop. THAT'S why drag cars are rear wheel drive.

ps that's one fast #$%#ing k car!<!-- Signature -->

14. K, WOW, WHere to begin. Lets step back for a second.
    First of, Ever think that buddy in the viper was as birght as a 4 watt light bulb and didn't know how to shift. I love vipers but its hard to run one in the 12s, every non pro I've seen or watched on video runs 13's or 14's. They definitly run low 12s if you know what your doin. And Racing on the street is a totally difrent story, your tires dont lock up right, especially with that much power. Well I know I am gonna get dissed fomaking a statment like that, but whatever, real men dont race on the street, they go to a track.

Did you ever think that that same civic could also beat a ferrari, porsche or a lambo?? So why diss just the Viper, It wouod definitly beat a vette if It can beat a viper.

Now I aint sure where you all loive, but where I am from, you dont exactly get to make many tight turns going inbetween city blocks. Besides, a viper can run the slolam at 70+, like a civic could do that in stock.

Grizz2k4

But, if a Viper can be Beat by a Civic, even a Modified one, what's so Great about them?

Eh Duh, The fact you can by a street legal car with a 3 year warranty that can poast nearly Identical times as NASCAR dipshit. Like it or not, the viper is fast, real fast, and no front wheel drive 4banger can touch it.

OH and

15. im with 90tbirdsc cuz no four banger can hang with good ole' v10 power.A viper stock would beat any jap car stock so stop sayin that imports will beat it cuz they cant touch it on the quarter mile or track with an experienced driver.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>If FWD is so good, why do so many dragsters (yes, even the import dragsters) use RWD? Aren't the quickest RX-7's still faster than the quickest Civics?

BTW, have you seen the video of the Viper beating the Diablo? How about the Chrylser K-Car beating the Supra?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Good lord! You guys are vicious... I wasn't talking about DRAG RACING anyway... I hate Drag Racing... What's so great about going in a Straight line?

Damn... and I just said I ASSUME the Viper had SOME Mods too, shit, at least an Intake - a K&N Intake on a Vette ZO6 makes like 30 HP, and if you can get Nice Rims and Lower a VIPER why couldn't you or wouldn't you get some Power mods too?

And, could You QUOTE ME on where I said any Car with Nice Rims and Lowered could Run Single Second time slips??? Yeah, didn't think so, don't put words in my mouth. If that was true, My '91 VW Corrado would be running 9's not 15's!!!<!-- Signature -->

17. The point is, unless you've peeked under the hood, you just don't know. Why make the assumption? If you're naturally biased against the Viper, I can understand.

18. Yeah... about that Near NASCAR Speed... WHEN, Street or Strip would you EVER be able to reach Speeds ver 180 MPH+???

Even if the Civic in the Video had, say an Integra 1.8L Motor Swap, I still don't think it should have beaten a Damn Viper!

So if small engined cars like 1.6L, 1.8L 2.0L, 2.2L are capable of beating Glorious, Amazing machines like Vipers and Vettes, maybe we should all stop our idiotic arguing and appreciate each car for what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWD is Great for a Race with some Turns, as is 4WD, and RWD is too sometimes - But, RWD is usually meant for Drag correct?

So for me, my ideas and opinions will never change, I am what I call a "Real" racer... throw some turns at me!!! And I'll stick with my FWD cars too!!!<!-- Signature -->

19. 90TBIRDSC: Did you ever think that that same civic could also beat a ferrari, porsche or a lambo?? So why diss just the Viper, It wouod definitly beat a vette if It can beat a viper.

Trust me, I have done my fair share of Vette dissing too.

I don't diss Lambo's, Porsche's, or Ferrari's because I REALLY Love those Cars! I love the way the Look especially, the Speed and all that... and by the way, I HATE Civic's too, so don't go thinkin' I'm a little Punk White Kid that thinks his Civic can Box!!!

My Fav. FWD's are the 3rd Gen. Jetta VR6, Corrado G60 and VR6, and the Integra Type R/RSX Type S. And by no means are those Crap cars.<!-- Signature -->

20. hummmm what about a lada?<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b>Yeah... about that Near NASCAR Speed... WHEN, Street or Strip would you EVER be able to reach Speeds ver 180 MPH+???</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Uh, there's about 3 spots in my area that I think of right off hand. Not all of us live in downtown Tokyo or San Francisco, you know.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b>Even if the Civic in the Video had, say an Integra 1.8L Motor Swap, I still don't think it should have beaten a Damn Viper!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Let's see...you get a skilled driver in a Civic (many of which can be tuned to run 12-second quarter miles)...put him up against a clown in a Viper or Ferrari or Lambo...guess what? The Civic can win easily. What's the point?

<b>FWD is Great for a Race with some Turns, as is 4WD, and RWD is too sometimes - But, RWD is usually meant for Drag correct?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Incorrect. Formula One uses RWD, as does Indy, ALMS, FIA GT, etc.
    The top production car record at Hockenheim and Nurburgring and Hockenheim are held by a RWD car, the 996 GT2.
    RWD cars also hold the top lap times for <i>tuned</i> cars at both tracks (Gemballa GTR 600 and SHK Porsche 996 GT3).

22. Front drivers have some serious draw backs.
    They tend to understeer, and when it comes to at the limit driving, the good driver can make use of oversteer. Watch Tiff on Top Gear to see what I mean or the RX-7 drive test on Best motoring.
    Of the line, FWD has a horrible wheel hop tendency, due to the weight over the wheels. This can be very hurtfull to times in general. The real pure high performance track cars use RWD. GT2. Ferraris. Formula one. Lemans. Viper. AM's.<!-- Signature -->

23. Damn, once again I'm mis-understood! I AM NOT TALKING RACING LIKE NASCAR, INDY, FORMULA 1, and what-not! I mean a Car you buy, modify, and race at a local track!

What is a Lada?

I have experienced understeer MANY times in my Corrado, and it is a simple Fix: take your damn foot off the gas pedal! Not totally corrected, but not near as bad when you don't use the gas or brake...<!-- Signature -->

24. The problems I mentioned also apply too the street cars. For an example, look at a Eclipse GSX vs. GST. The AWD GSX is faster off the line than the GST. At top speed, there is a slight advantage to the GST due to reduced weight, but it is a small diff. And the auto crossers definitly perfer the GSX to the GST. Of course the GSX is also more expensive, but I think it is still better bang for the buck.<!-- Signature -->

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b>Damn, once again I'm mis-understood! I AM NOT TALKING RACING LIKE NASCAR, INDY, FORMULA 1, and what-not! I mean a Car you buy, modify, and race at a local track!

What is a Lada?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Good god, you don't know what a Lada is? How about a Punto? Or Uno?
    Uh, you <i>can</i> buy, modify, and race a RWD car at a local track.

<b>I have experienced understeer MANY times in my Corrado, and it is a simple Fix: take your damn foot off the gas pedal! Not totally corrected, but not near as bad when you don't use the gas or brake...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Just about every car understeers from the factory. It's the safest setup for inexperienced drivers. Even RWD cars understeer. And they'll respond just like yours when you lift off the gas.
    The difference is that with a powerful RWD car, you can also reduce understeer or indeed provoke oversteer with the throttle on. You can also throttle steer...