Re: whatz up with these new hondas?!

Discussion in '2000 Honda Accord Euro R' started by SilvaRSX, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The Honda with the 400hp, it's not a V8, it's a V6... I don't think honda would ever pump out no gayass V8.. i hate them hicks that say "there's not replacement for displacement"... YES THERE IS, redneck! it's called technology BABY!<!-- Signature -->

2. whatz up with these new hondas?!

japan is trying to compete with good old American companies.like chevy,dodge,ford and every other American cars and companies.

3. They are damn good cars!<!-- Signature -->

4. name one american 4dr family sedan that will compete with the ATR. there is one exception the 96 impalla ss, but thats the only one.

5. I hate them stupid rice burners maybe they should try a bigger engine then a 4cyl and give it some power

6. u know wut, there's so much restrictions in japan. One of them is all stock cars can't be over 280ps, pr 276hp, but u can modify it to be over 276hp. And Japanese cars are too advanced and they don't need v8s to power their cars. One of the reasons is they are light.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Honda rulez</i>
    <b>u know wut, there's so much restrictions in japan. One of them is all stock cars can't be over 280ps, pr 276hp, but u can modify it to be over 276hp. And Japanese cars are too advanced and they don't need v8s to power their cars. One of the reasons is they are light.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Depends on which engine, I've seen the B16A explode at 250hp with NO2 and a turbo. The B18C5 on the other hand, I read an article on a Civic with 540 some-odd horsepower. It's fun watching little 4-cylinder Civics blow away Vettes and other "American muscle"
    And it's not that they don't need 8-cylinders, they don't want them. Honda is known for being economical and extremely fuel efficient, and I don't think there's such a thing as a fuel efficient 8-cylinder.
    Just my opinion.<!-- Signature -->

8. True true true<!-- Signature -->

9. NitrousCRX, I think the 540hp civic that you are talking about is tuned by the owner of that car, and i think there's no restriction for tuning cars in Japan, and that 280-hp rule only applies to most asian countries, I guess. Yea, Honda does not need to build V8s. They are just wasting space. Honda made a concept car that has a V8 engine that is quite fuel efficency,i'm not sure is it v8 or not. And that car has 2 motors, for a total of 400hp, and it's 4WD, and can do at least 55mpg.<!-- Signature -->

10. I'm tired of hearing "American Muscle." You people just waste money on some heavy ass cars, fuel, and repairs. I'm staying with my imports, cause they always last.

11. yea, that dualnote has a 3.5L V6. There are replacements for higher power.<!-- Signature -->

12. i'll be strait out, i wouldn't mind building a import, there r some pretty tight ass imports out there...but the guy that sed V8 sux, well thas cuz honda don't have shit that will touch even the smallest of the Hemi, then u have V10, i have a Nos pushed GTS. my insurence company don't know it has Nos thank god but there isn't nothing wrong with a "heavy ass car" atleast i can say i can't pick a viper up, but i can a honda, and my ride has plently of power to push its weight juss like some hondas...but can u say u got sum to spare if a coil goes out???? i don't think so..

you have Viper..then u have Honda improts..everything else is the other..

13. honda strikes back, im tired of seeing people do nthing but rag on hondas... you tell me when america builds a cavalier or a neon that consistently beats the hell outta vettes and stangs. its not that just one or two cars can do it either, hundreds of people are doing it. the beauty of marketing. i will take a 94 honda civic hatchback any day of the week, cause you can get em cheap, and you can modify em to no end with ease. y go with more cylinders when the ones u have cant do a good enough job on their own.

14. oh and by the way, this engine, is going in my del Sol. bought the car for 5800, dropping the engine in for around 3000 to 3500. what u wanna catch me? hope u can breath exhaust gases

15. Hondas are cool This one lOoks kinda cool. I would take a vette over a hatch back civic any day. A drove 2001 civic lately and I was wondering i how i fit into it. Small Slow Piece of Crap. I love accord Coupes. NOt civics. Ohh ye not all domestics are ugly. Buicks are doing a good job of making ugly cars. Pontiacs are also good at that stuff. But give me a vette, viper, 1992 camaro I Roc Z and I'L give you a HOW YOU DOIN. Cant DOmestic and Imports get a long?

Question Can I hook up a camaro to have more than 600HP?

1992 CAMARO

Just wonderin you know. Supras are ugly! Want a skyline..<!-- Signature -->

16. What would you call it if Honda couples two S2000 inline-4 motors togather for a NSX, I would like to see that V-8 Honda. I think the S2000 was a breath of fresh air for Honda lovers and every car lover. If a new NSX comes out with an eight cylinder I hope more import people could be a little more open-minded and it would be a truly bad-ass car worthy of racing a z06. The Accord is A little too small, the S2000 is a great roadster, I don't like civics, and I love American sports cars.

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Viper Guyzzzzz</i>
    <b>japan is trying to compete with good old American companies.like chevy,dodge,ford and every other American cars and companies.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hehe, they arent even TRYING to compete anymore. theres no competition. compare worldwide sales and profit margins. <!-- Signature -->

18. i for one wouldn't mind imports and domestics getting along, but when i run across a street legal import that can beat my RT/10 there will be nos put in it....that is all i have to say (what's good for imports are good for domestic, plus there isn't an import that can beat a vette or viper w/o nos)

19. <center><hr width=90%></center><blockquote><i>Quote from z28infront</i>
    <b>What would you call it if Honda couples two S2000 inline-4 motors togather for a NSX, I would like to see that V-8 Honda. I think the S2000 was a breath of fresh air for Honda lovers and every car lover. If a new NSX comes out with an eight cylinder I hope more import people could be a little more open-minded and it would be a truly bad-ass car worthy of racing a z06. The Accord is A little too small, the S2000 is a great roadster, I don't like civics, and I love American sports cars. </b></blockquote><center><hr width=90%></center>
    The reason why the accord is smal, is becuz if it is bigger, people who want to buy this car has to pay more tax in Japan.
    And for the guy who says imports must have nos to beat Vettes or vipers. That's becuz there's no restriction in america that says stock cars must not exceed a certain amount of power, while Japan does. So American can build their cars as much hp as they like, while Jap companies can build cars have less than 280hp. <!-- Signature -->

20. Everyone'z talking about Speed and everything. Let's see your Hemi take a curve like this Accord can. I doubt it.<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from inevyt4ble</i>
    <b>Everyone'z talking about Speed and everything. Let's see your Hemi take a curve like this Accord can. I doubt it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i totally agree there. That scrap heap is soo damn heavy it would loose the tail and keep on fish tailin. Another thing is why do you guys with your V8's think you are hot shit? Tehcnically cars that weigh over 4200 pounds arent fast. The only reason they have a V8 is to haul all that ugly gurth around.

22. I don't like S2000s. Boxster is my roadster.

Porsche. There is no substitute.
    (Obligatory plug as a Porsche lover)

Nothing against Honda, I just like other companies better. (e.g. Nissan, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, etc.)

And stop w/ all the domestic against import sh|t. Phucc, you know, half the goddamn street rodderz I see don't know sh|t about cars and they just have people that know the stuff buy and/or install it for them. (Remind you of a certain movie released last summer? The Fast & The Furious(Best movie ever). Wasn't there something about that in the plot?) And then there's the wannabe muscle car 'Stangs. OK, seriously, these things are not muscle cars. When my 1.0 litre Suzuki Forsa w/ 63 hp & 103 lb/ft of torque can beat the automatic versions of the 5.0s, that's sad. Very sad. I'm not kidding either, and I am talking about drag races(But only 0-60 km/h(because there are so many cops around my town and no one wants a speeding ticket). My car wouldn't stand a chance 0-60 mph) Forget about a race w/ corners because the Stangs can't handle worth sh|t. Now, I know a lot of you who are opening your mouth never actually race(Neither do I, I've got an almost stock Forsa), so don't say domestics can't handle worth shit and imports suck in drags. Well, the Corvette can handle, the Saleen S7 can handle, etc. And last summer, I went to an official drag session(I don't know the name, I'm not familiar w/ drag organizations. I'm more of an F1 and LeMans guy), where a riced out Acura Integra beat a supercharged Corvette Z06 in the 1/4 mile w/o nitrous, so there goes that theory. It may have only won by a few feet, but it still won. So phucc, stop being playa hataz and start respecten.<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Thugz</i>
    <b>I don't like S2000s. Boxster is my roadster.

Porsche. There is no substitute.
    (Obligatory plug as a Porsche lover)

Nothing against Honda, I just like other companies better. (e.g. Nissan, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, etc.)

And stop w/ all the domestic against import sh|t. Phucc, you know, half the goddamn street rodderz I see don't know sh|t about cars and they just have people that know the stuff buy and/or install it for them. (Remind you of a certain movie released last summer? The Fast & The Furious(Best movie ever). Wasn't there something about that in the plot?) And then there's the wannabe muscle car 'Stangs. OK, seriously, these things are not muscle cars. When my 1.0 litre Suzuki Forsa w/ 63 hp & 103 lb/ft of torque can beat the automatic versions of the 5.0s, that's sad. Very sad. I'm not kidding either, and I am talking about drag races(But only 0-60 km/h(because there are so many cops around my town and no one wants a speeding ticket). My car wouldn't stand a chance 0-60 mph) Forget about a race w/ corners because the Stangs can't handle worth sh|t. Now, I know a lot of you who are opening your mouth never actually race(Neither do I, I've got an almost stock Forsa), so don't say domestics can't handle worth shit and imports suck in drags. Well, the Corvette can handle, the Saleen S7 can handle, etc. And last summer, I went to an official drag session(I don't know the name, I'm not familiar w/ drag organizations. I'm more of an F1 and LeMans guy), where a riced out Acura Integra beat a supercharged Corvette Z06 in the 1/4 mile w/o nitrous, so there goes that theory. It may have only won by a few feet, but it still won. So phucc, stop being playa hataz and start respecten.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Now if we could filter out all the bullshit and figure out what your point was supposed to be, that would be nice. Oh, and learn English, not your "ghetto" thug language(I'm talking about stuff like, "playa hataz" What the hell is that?). You are an ignorant piece of shit. Your post was completely pointless, and it was a total waste of my time to read it. Stop making pointless posts. You are an idiot.

Your posts are as pointless as entering in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard.

24. i'm not trying to talk smack but how can a Forsa beat a Mustang? and what do you mean it's not a muscle car, not only are they muscle cars but they're classics? what kind of mustang did you race, a 89'? and about the supercharged Z06 Corvette getting beat by an Integra i know it can happen but who cares? it's like comparing a bike to a car, try comparing a STOCK integra to a stock Corvette Z06 or racing it and let's see what happens.

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferraris Angel69</i>
    <b>i'm not trying to talk smack but how can a Forsa beat a Mustang? and what do you mean it's not a muscle car, not only are they muscle cars but they're classics? what kind of mustang did you race, a 89'? and about the supercharged Z06 Corvette getting beat by an Integra i know it can happen but who cares? it's like comparing a bike to a car, try comparing a STOCK integra to a stock Corvette Z06 or racing it and let's see what happens.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

My point is stop dissing imports, they are great cars.<!-- Signature -->