Re: When I saw this car. . . .I cried!

Discussion in '2002 Cadillac Cien Concept' started by SRB The Punisher, Aug 9, 2002.

1. LOL..I dun think Chrysler will make their own V12. Probs steal it from Mercedes. Chrysler just dun have the funding to do it anymore.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

2. i have no doubt that caddy ?could? build a car that can smoke the world...just why dont they already. also, my point is that the world is full of one hit wonders that later turn into embarassments. people like heritage balanced with '..what have you done for me lately..' meaning that ok caddy won some races years ago with v12 and v16 or whatever engine but they do nothing now. their heritage is long forgotten unless they do something now..cant live off the past forever. i would love to see a caddy smoke that lingenfelter and a bugatti and a ferrari but likely it wont. plus if it did...you're still in the one hit wonder category unless you follow it up and it somehow filters to the rest of your product. a cien wont fix caddy...good mgmt and a different outlook will.

3. Hmmmmm...Well I think that GM will be able to keep Caddy building sports cars.
    Reason why is because they got rid of Oldsmobile so they have more funding =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

4. they need to kill off a couple more brands to be really competitive..i dont know which but if you cant afford what you have then you should let it go. if having 20 brands means 20 crappy brands, then i'd rather have 5 awesome brands....

5. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that there is a resemblance with the Diablo. But the resemblence isn't just in the styling. The engine for example, a mid-mounted V12 with around 7 litres of capacity. Perhaps when Cadillac realised that the Diablo was in a market seckor of its own, they decided to do something about it. Unfortunately it seems they were a bit late, since Audi has calmed the Diablo down in creating the Mucielago. Perhaps this will meet some competition with the forthcoming Veyron, and Bentlys, but as such none seem any closer to actual production. Personally I would like to see Pagani's awesome C12 S succeed, since it has proven handling, and is about the best looking car in production. Also I would like to see how this Cadillac will handle, since other american cars dont seem to be so great in this department, because you wouldn't want to pay $500 000 for a barge. As for the gearbox, I cant help but feel that I would rather have a conventional H gate manual. However technologically advanced a paddle shift system may be, I cant help but feel it is too much of a drivers aid, allowing perfect shifts, but no Heel and toe downshifts. Overall, I think this will probably be just another concept car never to be seen again once it has done the car show rounds. And me, I would rather have a Caterham 7 more than anything in the world

6. This is not Caddy's "one hit wonder," they make some of the finest quality and best-selling luxury automobiles in the world. This is just a venture into the racing world following their LeMans experience for them. And it doesn't resemble the Diablo at all; the 60-degree V-12 has the most balanced rotating assembly of any engine, it only makes sense that the fastest sports cars in the world use the best engine design.

7. You 'Lac haters are so retarded.
    First of all: stop calling them "caddys" they're called "Lacs" for short.
    Second: the only reason you dumb people don't like this car is cause it's american and apparently it's "COOL" to like import cars right about now. Yeah OKAY! Just cause most american cars suck, does not mean that when some sick Lac comes out with a V12 engine capable of who knows what, you gonna go and hate it just cause it's american?

I believe Relayagent put it best when he said
    "a: OH MY GOD...WOW!!! what is that..i LOVE it..tell me tell me!!
    b: its a cadillac cien!
    a: oh..a cadillac? [walking away...]"

8. my point was that Caddy (ive never heard of 'Lac either) already make a racecar that would destroy ANY road car around a track, and theyre up there with the best in the world in the ALMS right now, so theres no reason y they shouldnt b up there with the best roadcars aswell

and BrownDoggie, surely u mean a really short stroke?...i was under the impression that big bore/short stroke engines had the power, small bore/long stroke engines had the torque, and this particular car has high power/low torque, which would suggest a bore much bigger than the stroke, or have i got that completely wrong???

9. Listen to Player's Ball by Outkast, it was their first single, that's when they coined the word Lac, it sounds better to, Caddy sounds gay.

10. Ummmm...Caddy is the traditional short form for Cadillac. Your "Lac" by outkast is a ghetto version.
    I'm sorry, but not all of us are ghetto here. I'll stick to Caddy =)
    Has a classy sound to it. LAC makes it's sound like "lack of" or some short form for an US airport like LAX.

Anyway, I think this car will do pretty good =)
    It's unique, and doesn't look like a Diablo, looks a lil more to the Murceilago (spelling)..
    But those side wents remind me of Mustangs........
    Front lights a bit of Celica =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from goodcars</i>
    <b>no offense bu vipers are very poorly built and way overpriced-they are horrible. as for the caddy, what's with the paddle shifters? why do all of these new cars have paddle shifters with no clutches. they all suck. you've got to go standard original. that's why bugatti rules, but their new 16/4s got paddle shifters. what is this world coming to. paddle shifters suck!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why Paddle Shifters? Becuase they are easy, responsive, quick, hi-tech....oh eah, and F1 race cars use them, and they are some of the best cars in the world.

Fuel economy also comes to mind<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TheMadChigga</i>
    <b>its a nice car, futuristic and all..... but i'm wondering... w/all the technology stuff on it, why does it need a driver? wasn't driving a mechnical fun thing to do? Technology is great w/all the gadets to impress ppl. but Driving is a thing where the driver blend w/the car.
    I doubt they'll sell any of these, brand image is a big thing for the riches, thats why when they hear Saleen S7 uses a Ford V-8, they just turn around and go look for somthing else. Image is everything at this price range. Viper, it is almost a brand itself, it has its own logo and u don't see "Dodge" anywhere on the car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Correction: Saleen uses a HIGHLY MODIFIED V-8 that is far more powerful than anything Ford has really put out for V-8s.

And if people are looking elsewhere, why can dealers not keep up with the orders?<!-- Signature -->

13. CityGangrel - the S-7 uses a highly-modified Ford 427, still made by Ford. If you know abything about Steve Saleen's history, he was racing with Ford in the 70's and started modifying Mustangs in '83, he loves Ford to death and would never stray from them. The Ford 427 is a BADASS motor, I wish I had one to modify myself.

Chinchilla - An old engine builder tells me that a longer stroke = high RPM's, but I am in the process of looking it up in an engine builder's manual. I'll post it when I get through. I allways though that long stroke, small bores = high rpm, but I'll find out for sure.

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from phatmann101</i>
    <b>You 'Lac haters are so retarded.
    First of all: stop calling them "caddys" they're called "Lacs" for short.
    Second: the only reason you dumb people don't like this car is cause it's american and apparently it's "COOL" to like import cars right about now. Yeah OKAY! Just cause most american cars suck, does not mean that when some sick Lac comes out with a V12 engine capable of who knows what, you gonna go and hate it just cause it's american?

I believe Relayagent put it best when he said
    "a: OH MY GOD...WOW!!! what is that..i LOVE it..tell me tell me!!
    b: its a cadillac cien!
    a: oh..a cadillac? [walking away...]"</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No, maybe YOU call them Lacs, but everyone one else in the world (whether the love em or hate em) call them caddys.

The reason I have not liked Caddillacs as of late is due to the fact all of them are front wheel drive. To me, front wheel drive is an economy platform, not something you put in a luxury car. I found it cheap and low of GM to put such nice cars on such a cheap platform.

I am really happy to see the entire lineup (AFAIK that is) is switching to RWD or AWD platforms :) Finally a luxury car line to be proud of again.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BrownDoggie</i>
    <b>CityGangrel - the S-7 uses a highly-modified Ford 427, still made by Ford. If you know abything about Steve Saleen's history, he was racing with Ford in the 70's and started modifying Mustangs in '83, he loves Ford to death and would never stray from them. The Ford 427 is a BADASS motor, I wish I had one to modify myself.

Chinchilla - An old engine builder tells me that a longer stroke = high RPM's, but I am in the process of looking it up in an engine builder's manual. I'll post it when I get through. I allways though that long stroke, small bores = high rpm, but I'll find out for sure.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

AS i said, a HIGHLY MODIFIED Ford engine. They get the from the plant, then tear it down and build it back up. I LOVE the s-7, so i tried to learn everything i could about it :)<!-- Signature -->

16. CityGangrel: understood. Saleen is a badass, and he does an awesome job modifying Ford motors.

But to say Ford can't make anything to those specs is unfair to Ford. They don't make bigblocks anymore, not in their automobile. But ford made the 427 Sideoiler in the 60's, a block that won Ford first through sixth in 1967 in NASCAR; and a ban the next year. The engine was putting out well into the 500-range for horses, some say 600-range.

Just so you know, this is not an arguement; we are in total agreement. I just think that Ford could do better if they touched upon their racing roots (tear)...

17. this car is too good to say anything about not just looks but everything if you say anything bad about this car you must have a lamborghini because if you dont your #$%#in stupid

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BrownDoggie</i>
    <b>CityGangrel: understood. Saleen is a badass, and he does an awesome job modifying Ford motors.

But to say Ford can't make anything to those specs is unfair to Ford. They don't make bigblocks anymore, not in their automobile. But ford made the 427 Sideoiler in the 60's, a block that won Ford first through sixth in 1967 in NASCAR; and a ban the next year. The engine was putting out well into the 500-range for horses, some say 600-range.

Just so you know, this is not an arguement; we are in total agreement. I just think that Ford could do better if they touched upon their racing roots (tear)...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And they have :) ala GT40 now at the Concept show :)<!-- Signature -->