Re: Which Ferrari is the best ever buit?

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello' started by fastcars4life, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Which Ferrari is the best ever buit?

What do you think of all the Ferrari buit is the best one.

2. When it comes down do performance i would have to say the F50 or one of its models. When it comes down to over all value and popularity I would say the 360 modena or the 360 spider.<!-- Signature -->

3. F50 or FX<!-- Signature -->

4. the 288 GTO<!-- Signature -->

5. it will be the FX, but as of now, i htink the F40 is.

6. Shaitan has class. The 288 GTO was the first to officially surpass the 300kph mark. I love that car. But the best road legal Ferrari ever built would have to be the F50 GT. I hope they attempt a GT version of the F60 too.<!-- Signature -->

7. The Ferrari 512M

8. Ferrari F40. Man I love that car.<!-- Signature -->

9. the F40 is what they are known for because at one time it was the best performing roadcar on the planet, and it looked so good.

the F40 is "one of" the best though because so many ferraris are good at different things like the 550 makes a awesome fast luxury car and the 360 is a great speedy race car with more luxury and practicality than the F40.

my fav. 360 modena<!-- Signature -->

10. #10 Lee Iacocca, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Shaitan has class. The 288 GTO was the first to officially surpass the 300kph mark. I love that car. But the best road legal Ferrari ever built would have to be the F50 GT. I hope they attempt a GT version of the F60 too.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Excuse me again, Gsolinas but 288 GTO may be the FIRST Ferrari to reach 300 kph BUT NOT the First ROAD CAR.

288 GTO is a Sport Car and it should be compared to Sport Cars.

The FIRST ROAD CAR to cross the 300 km/h mark was a Mercedes-Benz in 1934 and it was 317,46 km/h.(MORE than 10 years BEFORE Ferrari foundation in 1947, MORE than 50 years BEFORE 288 GTO, made in 1985)

Take a look in the Mercededs-Benz museum on the net http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/mbclassic/default.htm

I'm attaching a COPY of the 1934 certificate:

But if you can't read deutsch it's written: the car reached 317,46 km/h in 1000 mts. and 316,6 km/h in 1 mile (1609 mts.)

The car is just the FIRST Mercedes Sport Car named "Silver Arrow". This name is still used by fans of the Mercedes SL series.

Anyway if you're looking for an american car, the FIRST was the Shelby Daytona Coupe. It was being sold in 1964 for 15k (a little more than some ferraris but cheaper than some lamborghinis) and it reachs 305.8 km/h (190 mph).

11. F40 my all time fave.

12. Ferrari F50 GT !!<!-- Signature -->

13. The Ferrari F50 GT is not road legal :(

14. Ferrari has definitely built many classics, but wow, I will have to go with their latest, the Enzo (F60?).<!-- Signature -->

15. The best Ferrari build is the F40 or the Enzo.