Re: Why 16/4?

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by nicktraffic, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Why 16/4?

I understand the 16 part (cos it has 16 cylinders obviosly) but what the 4 about? Is it cos it has four cylinder banks or somethin?<!-- Signature -->

2. No, the cylinders are arranged in a 4-4-4-4 kind of way. So 4 rows of 4 cylinders side by side.<!-- Signature -->

3. 16 cylinders, 4 turbos.

4. it means 16 valves, and 4 turbos. just like mustang said.<!-- Signature -->

5. No, it means 4 turbos.<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TownshipRebellion</i>
    <b>it means 16 valves, and 4 turbos. just like mustang said.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->If it had 16 valves, that would be one per cylinder. I hope you mean 16 Cylinders!

7. as 'stang said, its 16 for the amount of cylinders, 4 turbos.

8. Actually, it's called 16/4 due to 16 cylinders, 4 turbochargers, 4 valves/cylinder, and 4WD. Look at the members only area of the Bugatti website.

9. And Veryon is named after a famous racer, i think.

16 cylinders, 4 turbos/4WD<!-- Signature -->

10. i think you're all right. 4 turbos. 4wheel drive. 4 banks with 4 cylinders each. is it 4 valves per cylinder? i hope so cos then it would have 64 valves which is rediculous not 80 which is just #$%#ing criminal. the EB110 had 5 per cylinder - 60 god damn valves thats already enough bugatti!<!-- Signature -->

11. The car indeed has 4 valves/cylinder.