Re: Would it be possible to make a street version of this car?

Discussion in '2001 Peugeot 206 WRC' started by Atreiu, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Hey Stupid Fuker, if you go to a stand or even if you go ask peugeot what version of 206 allow the homologation of the WRC, the answer is the 206 GT, because there must be a certain number of those in production to allow that same homologation, and not a "tuned" version of 206 with a turbo on it, the last petrol turbo in line of prodution from peugeot was maybe the 405 T16.

Idiot.

What in the name of God's ass are you talking about? I know that there is a street version of the 206! Are you insane? You and I are arguing the same thing! The point I was trying to make is that there is a street version of the 206. There has to be, not only because I've seen them, but because, as you have so colourfully stated, there needs to be a certain number of the car in production for it to make a rally edition. I was origonally addressing the ignorant dorks who beleived that there was no 206 in production for street use. And then you come along, with some kind of a fetish for the word 'homoligation' (you use it in every post in this topic) and start telling me that there is a street version of the 206. Thanks, dickhead, I already knew that.

Idiot.

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b>

Hey Stupid Fuker, if you go to a stand or even if you go ask peugeot what version of 206 allow the homologation of the WRC, the answer is the 206 GT, because there must be a certain number of those in production to allow that same homologation, and not a "tuned" version of 206 with a turbo on it, the last petrol turbo in line of prodution from peugeot was maybe the 405 T16.

Idiot.

What in the name of God's ass are you talking about? I know that there is a street version of the 206! Are you insane? You and I are arguing the same thing! The point I was trying to make is that there is a street version of the 206. There has to be, not only because I've seen them, but because, as you have so colourfully stated, there needs to be a certain number of the car in production for it to make a rally edition. I was origonally addressing the ignorant dorks who beleived that there was no 206 in production for street use. And then you come along, with some kind of a fetish for the word 'homoligation' (you use it in every post in this topic) and start telling me that there is a street version of the 206. Thanks, dickhead, I already knew that.

Idiot.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You caught me and my "fetish", ........!!!!
    Thanks, dickhead, ....

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jlzf</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jlzf</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b>You guys are all idiots. My god! There is a Peugeot 206 street car available, but it is not sold outside of Europe. The street version has a turbo charged 2.0L I4 and makes about 200 HP. The WRC Rally edition is a special order vehicle. All rally cars are special orders, and all cost about 500,000. Corolla, Lancer, Impreza....they all have street versions which are nothing special. You guys are such idiots. I'm sorry, but you really are.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    That's strange, i wonder where you have read about it, in a future near by peugeot maybe puts out in the market a version to call 206PS
    , which will have +/- 180bhp, and if that was true why don't they still have that car, it should be a very stong oponent to itŽs main rival wich is the Renault Clio RS. I donŽt believe what you wrote, maybe you have seen a tuning version of a 206GTI or 206GT on some magasine, I've once seen a 206 turbo with +/-210bhp in a french magazine. My opinion is that before you call idiot to some one, try to find a reason to do that because your words proove that the idiot is you.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Numbnut! I was in Scotland two years ago when the 206 was first debuted in Europe. I saw them driving around. Maybe the turbo was a mod that was done to this guys car. I was talking with him about his ride for half an hour! I went for a boot in one of these cars! They exist. Trust me. I've seen them first hand.

Idiot.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey Stupid Fuker, if you go to a stand or even if you go ask peugeot what version of 206 allow the homologation of the WRC, the answer is the 206 GT, because there must be a certain number of those in production to allow that same homologation, and not a "tuned" version of 206 with a turbo on it, the last petrol turbo in line of prodution from peugeot was maybe the 405 T16.

Idiot. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> ALL u guys are idiots. i own a 206.i had it for 3 months and they dont come wit turbos or any hit like hat, go on the Peugeot web site and its on there.<!-- Signature -->

4. I know that. That's what I was saying. Nobody else beleived me. The car I saw had a turbo in it, but I guess the guy did that himself. Don't call me an idiot, and don't brag about a 206. It's a fine car, but nothing special.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b>I know that. That's what I was saying. Nobody else beleived me. The car I saw had a turbo in it, but I guess the guy did that himself. Don't call me an idiot, and don't brag about a 206. It's a fine car, but nothing special.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

One day you have an opinion and the other day you have another, I had a 206 and the car was fine, and idiot we donŽt need to go to a stand to know that a 206 doesnŽt have a turbo, we just need to keep our eyes open to the industry,...Idiot.

6. does it escape everyone that the 206 is a street car orignally just like every other WRC car the engine size is even the same. This just puts out 3 times the hp and has a different drive train, and a racing package.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vwdrivervw</i>
    <b>does it escape everyone that the 206 is a street car orignally just like every other WRC car the engine size is even the same. This just puts out 3 times the hp and has a different drive train, and a racing package.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Any try to compare this car with "street version" that you "mensioned", a 206 GTI or GT which are the only ones that have a 2.0 petrol engine is a total stupidity. Of course that this car derivates from a 206 GT but the differences are HUGE, they are more than HUGE, they are............

8. Hmm people are getting a little Narky here aren't they. Just to spell it out for Wheelman and others (I don't want to be egotistical or anything but it needs to be said) under current rally regulations you don't need to have a homolgamation special to compete in the WRC class, you have to have a car with the same capacity motor ( I think not even sure on that) but the motor must be mount in the same direction and must be with 30 degrees of the base cars mounting ie you can mount the motor 30 degrees lower than the base car, you can also modify the motor whilst retaining the same capacity (turbochargers, lower compression pistons). You can change the wheelbase (with a certain limit) the car must be a certain minimum length... hence the reason for the funny looking bumpers you can modify the drivetrain hence it has 4 wheel drive with active differentials all around I think you get the point.
    Companies no longer need to make homolgamation specials hence the WRX's and EVO's are a dying breed.

But I still think, we should all go and Beg Peugeot to release a 2-litre turboed 4wd 206 at a reasonable price (Evo and WRX STi price range) because then you would have a good looking incredibly fast car.

9. The special edition for an homologation in Rally exist. It's the 206 S16 GT with wilder bumpers, and 16''rims. but that's all , the engine is a 137HP one like the S16 have. They were produced just for homologation and there are 4500 or 3500 existing, I'm not sure.
    When you talk about a turbo version, it will never exist. Peugeot is near to present the brand new 207 .<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 300CE24_RULE</i>
    <b> The special edition for an homologation in Rally exist. It's the 206 S16 GT with wilder bumpers, and 16''rims. but that's all , the engine is a 137HP one like the S16 have. They were produced just for homologation and there are 4500 or 3500 existing, I'm not sure.
    When you talk about a turbo version, it will never exist. Peugeot is near to present the brand new 207 .</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

At least there is someone that knows that an homologated version had existed, but I had already said that in the first posts....

11. Sorry guy, I didn't read the first posts , I was just answering the post where the homologation need was denied. That's all.
    Nice pics of the GT. <!-- Signature -->

12. I refuse to argue with you juvenilles any longer. None of you, it seems has the ability to actually read what I have said. Forget it. I say one thing, and you all read it the wrong way, and then scream the same thing that I just said right back at me. You all are too hell bent on arguing and fighting to pay any attention to discussing. Perhaps I need to be less subtle in my posts. Those of you with a grade 3 reading level (not to mention punctuation and grammer) might be having trouble picking out any diatribe that is not brazenly shouted across the forum. Well, to Hell with all of you!