Re: would you rather have a f40 or a porsche carrera GT?

Discussion in '1987 Ferrari F40' started by 962 boy, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Ferrari F40<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OZRACING</i>
    <b>F40 - RULES !!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Ferrari 4eva!<!-- Signature -->

3. Last Ferrari that Enzo Ferrari made before he died

I would take it for the legend

4. F-40. No question. The ONLY Porsches I would take over an F-40 are a 1970 917K and a Porsche GT1 Le Mans racer.

5. F40 more racelike<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from amenasce</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I AM RICH</i>
    <b>I used to own a F40,but sold it to get a F50. F50 has much better performance and looks better. Im aslo trying to buy a mclaren,willing to pay double the price. If u own 1 let me know.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i know someone from a small country near Singapore..he has 6 of them , very low mileage , full Mclaren history .always garaged and non smoker cars.

if you want i can ask him to sell 1 of them to .
    price will be in the region of 1.5 Millions $ .

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Its only a rumour that Singapore has a F1, but it has never been sighted... The most possible owner might be Richard Ng, the richest person here.

BTW, its so amazing that we have more people who claim to own McLaren F1s than they are built...<!-- Signature -->

7. that is great, more people. ha<!-- Signature -->

8. Hmmm... Porsche.... I don't like insanly super cars... No offence... And in my City... Regina sask, Canada's #1 robbery city, it would get stolen... number 2 the streets arent straight enuff and it'd get #$%#ed up so bad if i lived somewhere else FERRARI<!-- Signature -->

9. Everyone knows that the F40 is one of the best cars ever made it doesint compare to any porsche. Its way better.

Ferrari rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Ferrari F40 but the Ferrari F50 is really Better<!-- Signature -->

11. I would take the F40. This car will be a classic car.It was the last car before Enzo Ferrari died. F40 is the best car in the world.

12. I would go for the F40. It's a timeless classic.
    I know the Carrera GT will have 600+ bhp and will be faster and will probably handle better, but an F40!!! F40!!!
    Ferrari F40 is one of the greatest if not the greatest car ever made.

13. F40 Definitely.But Carrera GT is still a very awsome car.

14. somebody just had to ask, I'm a huge fan of both, but honestly, I'd take the Carrera GT, I dunno, there's something about Porsches that I really really like, more than Ferraris

15. I would be the Carrera GT or the 911 GT1

16. This question is like asking would you rather date Britney Spears or Jennifer Lopez. Neither is hugely superior to the other, its just that when you get to this level of comparison, you have to go on some inate preference to make the decision, because the merits are so well matched. These are super-exotics. The best of the best. It all comes down to what image you ultimately associate with each car and its name, because all the performance criteria and exclusivity pretty much check out. You obviously can't go wrong. It basically gets reduced to the Prancing Horse and the Porsche Shield. Which one speaks to you more? That's your car.

17. That isn't fair. Compare the F50 or Enzo to the Carrera GT. And btw, i'd buy the F-40, cuz it's a timeless classic.

18. Actually I would much rather date Britney spears than J.Lopez ,one because she is white , two because she looks hotter and is younger.

Anyways , Between these two cars is a whole other matter , both are
    ultra exotic icons , but when it comes down to it I guess the Carrera
    GT isn't quite as pure race bred as the F40 ( more street car -ish )
    and I think that's why i'd choose the F40 over the Gt.

Also the hood emblem may have something to do with my decision as well , I just love Ferraris ;p ( but Porsches are nice too )

19. gotta go wit the gt, can't say no to a porsche. tho performance isn't much better. f40 was ahead of its time performance wise.

20. f40 is old news. its so...1980's--both exterior and interior. not that the DMC is any better, but the interior in a delorean far surpassed the f40 even if the f40 was newer. i do realize its the race car type interior as compared to the dmc with a fancy GT interior, and isnt nearly as fast but anyway.

my other problem with the f40 is the turbos. the turbo lag is(regardless of the output and # of cylinders)still there...i think. owners and enthusiasts im just guessing. not to mention, i would eventually be annoyed by constant twin turbo hissing.

for me its the porsche. it oozes style and sex appeal. its curvatious with a hint of luxo. the F-16 like exhaut tips are beautiful, as are the many scoops and techno goodies around it. a brand new porsche that has surely no problems vs. a used ferrari f40 that may have actually had a dumb enough owner to treat it like shit. im sorry, but the porsche is undoubtedly the winner all ways around. go with the warranty guys.

21. wow, motor trend is wearing on me. im starting to use the terms "vanilla styling" in my posts. and im writing like they do. though i wish i could actually work for them.

22. I would rather have this because of the legend behind ferrari and it is more older and rarer than that porsche carrera gt

23. I'd stick to the Porsche. While I like Ferrari's much more, the Porsche is worth more, so I could sell it, get an F-40, and make a profit in the meantime. It's a corny plan, but let's not displace logic!

24. carrera gt