Re: XJR or S-type R, thats the question?

Discussion in '2002 Jaguar S-Type R' started by JagMan, Aug 9, 2002.

1. XJR or S-type R, thats the question?

I bet the S-Type R will have the better handling but I love the XJ's styling.

Perhaps better that lack of money saves me this difficult question.
    <!-- Signature -->

2. S-Type R, for sure. The XJ's are too ugly.

3. Type-R since XJ look like grandpa cars.

4. doesn't make sense that comparison.
    XJR is competitive of M3, Audi S4, C43 AMG, etc...
    S-Typer R is competitive of M5, Audi S8, E55, etc...

5. oooooh i love those xjr's there #$%#ing pimp cars, mmmm i wish they were faster though.

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rafael</i>
    <b>doesn't make sense that comparison.
    XJR is competitive of M3, Audi S4, C43 AMG, etc...
    S-Typer R is competitive of M5, Audi S8, E55, etc...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

???????

The XJR is larger (not roomier) than the S-type so why the F@ck are you comparing it to and M3, S4 and a C43? Those are all smaller than the XJR and the S-type R.

<!-- Signature -->

7. I agree.
    What the f@ck is that rafael prick on. Come back when you no what you are talking about.

8. Lol, it is the oppsite the Type-S with M3. (Still different type of cars.) XJR with S-class or something.

9. What about the XKR, I would pick it over both of the cars mentioned.

10. Yo AIR the XJR & XKR have the exact same engine it's just that the XKR is a covertible & the XJR is a sedan. Plus they have the same acceleration

<!-- Signature -->

11. First, some facts. The XK- is a coupe, the XJ- a luxury car. Both are available with (-R) or without (-8) supercharging (though they are fairly lame without), while the XKR is also available as a soft-top convertable.

Personally, I love Jaguars, in particular the XJR, though I wish there was an option for a manual gear box. In my opinion, the S-Type is by far the worst looking of the Jaguar range; it resembles a Rover 75.

Rumour has it there is a racing version of the XKR Coupe on the cards, currently running with the name of XK180, with a manual gearbox and retuned engine - perhaps this car is the one to wait for.<!-- Signature -->

12. I know I'm off topic, but since you seem to be good in British cars. What is the difference between Austin Mini and the Moriss Mini. Both are Mini Coppers. They look the same. Why are they called different.

13. They look the same, they drive the same, they even have the same name. No great surprise to learn they are in fact, the same. Morris were simply amalgamated to form a large conglomerate of British manufacturers towards the end of the 1960s, and thus the company that made the car had a different name after this time.<!-- Signature -->

14. Although I think this S-Type is amazing, I still have the soft spot for the XJR. I like the fact that its bigger and I like the shape a little more. I hear thier making a 2003 (or is it 2004) model of the XJR. Can't wait to see that. <!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mephiston</i>
    <b>They look the same, they drive the same, they even have the same name. No great surprise to learn they are in fact, the same. Morris were simply amalgamated to form a large conglomerate of British manufacturers towards the end of the 1960s, and thus the company that made the car had a different name after this time.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Ok, thnks for answering my question.

16. I would take the XJR too.

17. XJR definitely......the only classic jag left....<!-- Signature -->

18. The XJR has got to be one of the sweetest looking cars on the road. I love the low wide stance of it. the s-type r simply doesn't look as nice--just when i was getting used to the front grill, they made it much uglier. like all jags though, the rear end on the s is beautiful. Based on looks alone (which i know is mostly opinion), the xjr kicks the s's ass.

19. The XJR any day. This car looks terrible.<!-- Signature -->

20. S-Type R of course, and in british racing green (duh)

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mephiston</i>
    <b>First, some facts. The XK- is a coupe, the XJ- a luxury car. Both are available with (-R) or without (-8) supercharging (though they are fairly lame without), while the XKR is also available as a soft-top convertable.

Personally, I love Jaguars, in particular the XJR, though I wish there was an option for a manual gear box. In my opinion, the S-Type is by far the worst looking of the Jaguar range; it resembles a Rover 75.

Rumour has it there is a racing version of the XKR Coupe on the cards, currently running with the name of XK180, with a manual gearbox and retuned engine - perhaps this car is the one to wait for.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The XK180 will never be in production. It was a 1998 concept that jaguar created to show it could still produce a "supercar". There were only ever two XK180s made and that all there ever will be.<!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MaciekPL87</i>
    <b>Lol, it is the oppsite the Type-S with M3. (Still different type of cars.) XJR with S-class or something.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

??? WTF. The s type R is comparible to the M5 not the M3. If jaguar produce a Xtype R that would be on par with the M3. Though you were right the XJR is comparible to the S class mercs as well as 7 series BMW.

I would take the s type R over the XJR... this is jaguar most powerful saloon ever so why not.<!-- Signature -->

23. If you want soft ride which means the car absorbs road bumps and cracks, then XJR is the car.

I you want to go fast around turns and corners since its hard suspension reduces body roll then S-type R is the car for you.

24. Without a doubt XJR. I hated the stype since it came out. It doesnt even look like a jag. But to get the facts straight currently i d compare the luxury cars in this order:
    XJR - S-type R(border line) - M5 - E55 - S6
    Vanden Plas SC - S600 - 745i - S8
    XKR - SL500 and 600

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MaciekPL87</i>
    <b>Lol, it is the oppsite the Type-S with M3. (Still different type of cars.) XJR with S-class or something.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Its S-type with M5<!-- Signature -->