Recorded performance figures so far...

Discussion in '2005 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo' started by VIPER 5, Mar 31, 2006.

1. #1 VIPER 5, Mar 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Motor Trend

What the car actually did that day/surface/temp/etc.

0-60 mph in ?
    0-100 mph in 5.8 seconds
    1/4 mile in 10.5 @ 143 mph

"Corrected"

0-60 mph in ?
    0-100 mph in 6.0 seconds
    1/4 mile in 10.7 @ 144 mph

Car and Driver

What the car actually did that day/surface/temp/etc.

0-60 mph in ?
    0-100 mph in 6.1 seconds
    1/4 mile in 10.7 @ 141 mph

"Corrected"

0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds
    0-100 mph in 6.2 seconds
    1/4 mile in 10.9 @ 140 mph

Road and Track

0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds
    0-100 mph in 6.3 seconds
    1/4 mile in 10.8 @ 138 mph

Saleen's Estimates

0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds
    0-100 mph in 6.0 seconds
    1/4 mile in 10.7 @ 136 mph

Sources:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=2572&page_number=14

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=0&fID=0&tID=80209&bottom=0

http://www.saleen.com/saleen_s7_performance.htm

2. SAR, what the hell is the official top speed of the 750 hp twin turbo? Will there ever be magazine verification of this? Will the "docilety" problems( the only problems listed) ever be corrected in the S7? And will there ever be a magazine test of the 100hp version?

3. Top speed will be shown later this year and not by a magizine, but by a sactioning body such as the FIA. If you want a docile car buy a mercedes, at 2800 lbs with small light moving parts and 700 ft lbs of torque a Docile car this will never be. It is quite easy to drive everyday, however if your dont have a smooth foot it can it can get ahead of you!

4. I know this car is supposed to be like tha. Some people don't. For them it's a problem but not for me. Okay, so the REGULAR tt is going to have an official independtnt top speed run later this year, sweet. I know the gearing allows for 248mph. But again, the REAL question here, will we ever see a mag test of the 1000hp version?

And, SAR, I know that you, as an employee of Saleen, can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a post S7 supercar from Saleen, but can you give me a year to look forward to?

5. wow, just about all the questions thrown at you in the past few months SAR seem to all be the same...

he cant tell you guys, wait like everyone else, theres a reason they dont release the info as soon as they know it. and no, he cant tell JUST US cause US is the entire internet.

6. From what i've read it can do 223 in 6th gear at redline
    i believe that was from motor trend

7. Saleen has always made better claims they their cars actually perform.Still good cars though.

8. al;dskj flad

9. HEY!!! At least they get there target numbers to come close to the actual statistics that sanctioning bodies or magazines bring to light for us all to read about after there tests on it. Plus I'd love to see another company make claims as close to there own numbers that would be as close to these numbers that are either performed or claimed.

10. Saleen sucks and as always the actuall performance figures are alot worse then his claims. its always that way with Saleen

11. You must be referring to his performance-built Mustangs, those have...ALWAYS have had worse performance claims, than his S7 and S7TTs claimed numbers. All you have to do is look at the Car and Driver issues that have reviewed the S7 and S7TT, there you'll see how close his claims REALLY are, too the REAL numbers! But yes that's ONE fact I CAN takeaway from you, as far as the in-house built Ford Mustangs are concerned (that is)!

12. LOL 3.4 to 60 in car and driver is way off the claimed 2.8

13. This car was super fast but another Saleen let down not living up to claimed performance figures

14. Even though it didnt do the claimed numbers this thing is #$%#ing fast as hell.

15. I mean common now, not exactly a let down but yes a little of the claimed figures. Hell it could be worse it could be Hennessey.