replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

Discussion in '1996 Ford Indigo Concept' started by oneofour104, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

omg this car is the shit look at. Another fine exaple of fords integrity.this could blow a ricer off the planet not just the road.if this car goes into production I will be the first one in line to get it

2. hey,

a new replacement for the prowler,

this is a nice car but it needs a roof for us in the rainy parts of Canada and the US.

who agree's that this could be the new prowler ?
    and who disagree's,

leave a reply I'de like to see what you all think.

3. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

Could be, but it's more drastic than the Prowler. The prowler looks better, but has a V-6. If I had to choose between this one and the Prowler, I would definitely choose the Prowler. No doubt...

keep the faith

4. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

How could anyone choose a Prowler over this? Have you even looked at the terrible stats of the prowler. Its slow and it doesnt handle it has nothing good going for it. This is way better then the Prowler and anyone who thinks other wise is ignorant.

5. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

This wouldn't have competed wit the Prowler. It has a V-12 which is by far more expensive to make than the prowler's engine. Prowler's a cruisin' car... this is a total racing machine and this would whipe a prowler's face on the street all day and look way better at it.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

This is those cars we might not see on the streat. But just look at the thing! Its beutiful, i didnt even think of the prowler when i saw this. This car is just way a head of the prowler, i would pick this over the prowler any time. And, Looks over performance, the prowler is nothing compared to this

7. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

I hate fords, but this thing is sweet.

8. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FORDkindaGUY</i>
    <b>How could anyone choose a Prowler over this? Have you even looked at the terrible stats of the prowler. Its slow and it doesnt handle it has nothing good going for it. This is way better then the Prowler and anyone who thinks other wise is ignorant. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Maybe you're right...

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

oh yeah by the way look at the G's this thing has

10. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

the indigo was thought up and designed and thrown away long before the prowler even came out. i dont know where all this talk of replacements came up. ford should have spent the money and produced both the indigo and the gt90 for at least 2 years. if it flopped, fine, ford can afford the loss. but i knew plenty of people who were willing to buy these cars had they been available, myself included...sadness

11. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from indigo flow</i>
    <b>the indigo was thought up and designed and thrown away long before the prowler even came out. i dont know where all this talk of replacements came up. ford should have spent the money and produced both the indigo and the gt90 for at least 2 years. if it flopped, fine, ford can afford the loss. but i knew plenty of people who were willing to buy these cars had they been available, myself included...sadness</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh man, you and me BOTH!!

The gt90 was hands down my fav, though this one screams ANIMAL. I think it is sad that they didn't come out.

As for those who compare this to the prowler, the prowler is a Roadster look, based off the old 20-30's image, while the indigo has a very distinctive Formula 1 look, as that is the style of vehicle it was inspired from.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

Well cetainly not a prelacement for the prowler, the prowler is Chrysler, and definetly not a competitor (this one over the prowler). Unfortunetly if this car does go into production it most likely would compeate against Ferrari, and some Lamborghini (and that means price too). Sure the top speed isn't as good, but the fact it's a V12 and has a sub 4 second 0-60 time proves my point. I would like to see this car be produced and made inespesively but the dream may never come true, or I'll be six feet under.

EPA

Ford

First On Race Day

13. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

Other than the GT40, this is the only ford I have even the slightest bit of respect for. It's not really ugly. Its light (something I thought was impossible for ford to achieve). Its got some decent power. And oh, look at all that grip! Unfortunately, Ford is just too stupid to know when they have something good, so they'll never make it.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

I dis-like fords from the get-go...

But you all have to admit that this is one Fugly Mofo!

Very Plastic looking wheel covers...

Very Prowler-esq front bumper, without the Charactor of the Prowler...

15. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

Yeah, you're right, but this thing is a LOT faster than the Prowler. It would be so much more fun to drive.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TourismoASpec</i>
    <b>I dis-like fords from the get-go...

Very Prowler-esq front bumper, without the Charactor of the Prowler...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Go back to your game, buddy boy.

If you read the above posts, This was out before the Prowler.

AS for your complaints, they are pointless, becuase it is not prowler-esque (f1=Indigo, 30's roadster=Prowler)

Your total bias against ford is childish and idiotic<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

This car is fun to drive in NFS2 !
    It looks like a F-1 + street car to me...<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

the replacement for the "Chrystler"(look it up, it's under Plymouth) Prowler, meanwhile it was made it 1996. Hardly makes sense to me

19. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

This car has a similar design as the Prowler, but is by far, a better tuned machine. First thing, the Prowler is a Dodge... That's even worse than a Honda... Even though my favorite car is a Viper, it's the only good Dodge...
    I would definitly take this car over a prowler anyday.
    The ultimate combination would the body style of the Prowler and engine and drivetraing of the Indigo.

20. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

who wouldnt take this over the prowler, anyone who says different you realy need to read the stats before you enter the forum. 500lbs lighter 200 more hp seems like a no brainer to me. I have always been a ford fan and will always be one but it pissed me off that ford put out all these awsome concepts in the 90s and did nothing with them even though i cant afford a indigo or a gt90 it would be nice for bragging rights

21. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

If i get Rich, I would pay Ford just to Give me a personal Indigo.
    This car is amazing, it would be great to since no one else would have it

22. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CityGangrel</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TourismoASpec</i>
    <b>I dis-like fords from the get-go...

Very Prowler-esq front bumper, without the Charactor of the Prowler...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Go back to your game, buddy boy.

If you read the above posts, This was out before the Prowler.

AS for your complaints, they are pointless, becuase it is not prowler-esque (f1=Indigo, 30's roadster=Prowler)

Your total bias against ford is childish and idiotic</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with you CityGangrel, first of all that guy can't even spell turismo, but you would have to admit CityGangrel, you play GT aswell....don't you?<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

this car is ultimatly made to compete in the class of the prowler. roadsters are coming back in style. this is just an example of what you can expect from visteon and ford. the cars honeycomb framework and potent V12 may be expensive now, but definitly expect to see this car with some practicle refinements on the street in the next five years.

24. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

Yes i do :)

I didn't say it was bad. I jsut think all his knowlege is game knowlege instead of RL.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: replacement for the Chrysler Prowler

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ProJoe959</i>
    <b>Other than the GT40, this is the only ford I have even the slightest bit of respect for. It's not really ugly. Its light (something I thought was impossible for ford to achieve). Its got some decent power. And oh, look at all that grip! Unfortunately, Ford is just too stupid to know when they have something good, so they'll never make it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i agree <!-- Signature -->