RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by mpg, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

Pinifiari is now ford. GT40 = all american. Besides why would ferrari as you claim help one of their competitors?

2. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

by the way, aston martin is also Ford as well. as for the drivers of the cars, just because Bruce McLaren drove this car didn't assure it to win. the equipment still had to be top-notch. and believe me, i'm sure ferrari didn't hire any two-bit 18 year old high school kids to drive their cars either. so those are more excuses than anything else. Ford did not, however, drive ferrari out of lemans (and i haven't seen anyone say that, so i don't know who started that rumor). rather, it was Ford who dropped out of lemans simply because no one could compete (at least that's my understanding of what happened). like i said though, regardless of who was driving, the car still had to be capable...which it was.

3. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>Pinifiari is now ford. GT40 = all american. Besides why would ferrari as you claim help one of their competitors?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Don't confuse financial backing with engineering. Pininfarina is very much Italian and Aston Martin is very much British. <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>Pinifiari is now ford. GT40 = all american. Besides why would ferrari as you claim help one of their competitors?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Don't confuse financial backing with engineering. Pininfarina is very much Italian and Aston Martin is very much British. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Why are you trying to change this into a country vs. country thread?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpg</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>

Don't confuse financial backing with engineering. Pininfarina is very much Italian and Aston Martin is very much British. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Why are you trying to change this into a country vs. country thread?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with mpg. That's like saying it's not all Ford because not everybody that works for Ford is from the US. Who cares where they are from or where they live or whether Ford consulted some none American or non Ford company on this car. It's still manufactured and sold as a Ford. If it were not a Ford, then Ford could not do this without obtaining a license from the manufacturer. I wouldn't care who was making it. I would like it whether Chevy produced it or Ferrai produced it. I'm glad it is an American manufacturer only because here in the US that will mean that the price will be lower. If Ferrai were making it, it would probably be in the upper 100's in prices here in the US.

6. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

The GT40 would rape all those cars, and them its groupie bitches.

7. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

This cannot kill the Ferrari anymore...

8. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

definetly a ferrari killer....... did anyone forget about fords low end torque?........second gear on this thing is deadly

9. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

even though you are right about the gt40's high low end, with a max horsepower rating at about 5000rpm the powerband is really small and the top end isnt really good either

10. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

If you are going to try to convinve everyone that your ethnocentric crap is justified, try using complete sentences and a coherent though or two. This is especially true if you are trying convince people that you are "way smarter". And I was not aware we were shipping scrap Carbon Fiber to Italy LOL.

11. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

So a V8 Stang with 8K to make it a Roush III hugh? Prove it.

12. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

In a word.....YES. Thank you.

13. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

WHAT??? This car is the reason why Ferrari stopped competing. Ferrari was ahead of the game before Ford decided to put this car into racing. The GT40 won Lemans 3X, forcing Ferrari out of the races. Taking First Second and Third at their first Lemans attempt..A first in history. You really should do some more research before flying off at the handle. Second of all, all of your information is all speculations....How the hell would you know if this car is faster than the other cars or vice versa. This car isnt even on the streets yet, No one has test driven it yet. But still you know for sure, that the ferraris are better just because you say so. Oh by the way, say hi to Alice while your on ur way to wonderland

14. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

ok, well, maybe ford won like what, 40 years ago, but things change. Ferrari has improved as well, and ferrari is ahead of Ford. This car is not gonna have a very high topspeed, and its not gonna be as fast as people think it is. It has as much horse as a Viper, and wil prolly weight a lil less, but the viper cant take ferraris, not really, and the GT40 wont be able to either. I like this car, one of the best things that will come out of america since the 72 Boss, but ferraris are still the shit. and ferrari has and always will be Formula 1 oriented, and they dominate that. Do i see Ford or Chevy in F1? no, i dont think so. but this car will be some competition for the ferrari, especially since itll cost way less, and yes, ferrari will lose sales, because this is a good car. But its not a "killer."

15. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

Ford and this shit sucks!!!!!!!!Imports Rule!

16. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

It's good to finally see someone who has a true love for cars and honestly doesn't care what country they are from and what company produces them. There are not many people who just love cars in general, please post more often as to educate others.

17. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

Indeed,I #$%#ing hate ford and all the stupid toothless hicks that like them!Ah Hell I hate all the #$%#ing Union-built american shit mobiles!

Did you(Euro/Asian car fans)know that America has this #$%#ing gay ass policy for union based construction workers,they have to buy Domestic(American) cars if they wanna work for the Union.
    How #$%#ing pathetic is that,just because nobody wants to buy their American shit,they have to force their workers to buy American.

Fucking loser cars man I swear!

E U R O~A S I A N~ C A R S~R U L E

18. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

sHUT-UP!Just because you got raped by your priest you little TWAT!
    Doesn't mean you have to take it out on Ferrari!

19. Re:

return of the wannabe Ferrari~!

20. Re: Re:

So much for a wannabe, destroying every 250 GTO in sight!

21. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

According to ford execs in a Motortrend(?) interview, the intention for this car is for it to "handle the curves like an exotic, and 0-60, well there's no specific 0-60 target, but a general target of under 10 seconds is safe to say." there's no specific acceleration time it's likely to have, so it may well be slower than Ferrari's.

And they beat Ferrari right around the time that Ferrari was beginning to pull out of LeMans, they're not the cause for Ferrari pulling out, Ford fans are so delusional, that's like saying that GM killed the Camaro because a Mustang beat it at the track (even though clearly Camaro's are faster).

22. Re: Re:

Aren't you the stupidest mother-#$%#er since "tifosi sucks' comparing
    a 60's Ferrari (250GTO) with a 03 Ford GT,lol What a dumb son of a
    toothless ***** you are,End your self now~!

23. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

jesus...u again anti? i love ferrari, but i 'll be the first to admit (especially when the facts are in front of me) that ferrari got licked in lemans by the gt40. why else does car and driver call the gt40 the ferrari slayer?

24. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

I think you misunderstood antidomestic, he was saying that it's stupid to compare this (the new 2003 GT) to the 60's Ferrari 250GTO. He never said that the original GT40 didn't beat the 250GTO in LeMans, he was making the point that times change, this car may not be better than current Ferrari's even if the original GT40 was better than the Ferrari's it was competing against.

25. Re: RETURN OF THE FERRARI KILLER!

i didnt misunderstand him at all. i am simply pointing out that he is bringing unecessary hostility to the forum. its uncalled for. why cant he just respectfully disagree, like you and i