S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

Discussion in '2000 Honda S2000' started by VW Freak, Aug 9, 2002.

1. i say. that would prove to be a cool battle. i've seen one of those mini's and they ain't small. they look good on 19's though. and with a 5" chrome tip. mmmmmmm. both cars are yummy.

2. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

I agree ! LOL !!!

Get a mini cooper to kick this !!! LOL !!

And some people a trying to compare this shit with vettes !!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b>I agree ! LOL !!!

And some people a trying to compare this shit with vettes !!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You're an ignorant mother #$%#er! The mini cooper doesn't even perform nearly as well as the S2000 and how can you call a very reliable, high performing vehicle like the S2000 shit. The Rustang is a shitmobile and recieved a "poor" rating in terms of reliability in Consumer's Report Auto Magazine while the S2000 recieved an "exceptional" rating. And this car shouldn't be compared to the vette since the vette costs $20,000 more. So why don't you go #$%# yourself instead of making retarded generalizations.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b>I agree ! LOL !!!

And some people a trying to compare this shit with vettes !!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You're an ignorant mother #$%#er! The mini cooper doesn't even perform nearly as well as the S2000 and how can you call a very reliable, high performing vehicle like the S2000 shit. The Rustang is a shitmobile and recieved a "poor" rating in terms of reliability in Consumer's Report Auto Magazine while the S2000 recieved an "exceptional" rating. And this car shouldn't be compared to the vette since the vette costs $20,000 more. So why don't you go #$%# yourself instead of making retarded generalizations.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

wow ure name is bmw and ure backing up honda? what r u like a mixed breed??? ppl who like honda dont go near a powerful engine like a bmw. this shiyt hasnt got any competition left in it.... matter of fact i dont remember when it did have any competition. line up all the cars that match up with this or is in the same class....... the

bmw z8.... 400 hp and 155 top speed (electronic controlled)
    this shiyt 240 hp 1 mph top speed with nos = 5 mph maybe 7 mph

i dunno what ure problem is man ppl try to mess with vette and bmw and honda but i dunno bout u ure just a #$%#in speedbump in the world of cars<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

BASTARDS! anyone that dare disses the Honda s2000 deserves to be burnt! And who the F%$# said it has no competition init? Have you ever heard of the shithead BMW z3 no? i'm not suprised, probably because the s2000 smashed the piece of crap in to so many pieces it became non-existant. The BMW Z8 is SHIT aswel. The honda s2000 is good value, pretty, VERY fast, and reliable and JAPANESE. All you BMW and Corvette shaging F@^%$&'s bettet shut up. If you wanna take the piss outta this car, then #$%# off out of here and take the piss out of it on another forum! -grim

"To be is not to not to be, and To not be is to be"

6. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

why the hell would u compare a Mini with the S2000 in the first place... just pure stupidity... i would pick the 2000 over the z8... im not dissin on the z8 but i like 2000 better....

7. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

Cooper S vs S2000...that's stupid> S2000 of course!

8. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

A Mini Cooper S vs. the S2000? Ha ha, very funny.

9. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

IMO I think this is a cool battle. After seeing "The Italian Job" and 2Fast 2Furious it has got me thinking which one is better even though Im a huge fan of the S2000.

10. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

S2000 would lap the Mini Cooper S, I dont care if the Cooper is souped up. These is such a bad comparison. Mini Cooper is front wheel drive (right) costs about 10k less isnt a real sports convertible like the S2000. The S2000 is known to whip the MR2 Spyder, Z3, Z4, Miata, SLK, M3, Boxster S, and the TT. This is an awesome car and you really need to ride and it and check it out. It handles like a dream and its real rev happy. AND ITS A HONDA!

11. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

What an assinine contest. How about something less pointless, like:

Mazda RX-7 1st gen VS Celica-Supra
    12A Carb 7MGTE

12. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

or ford ka vs dodge viper

13. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

the honda s2000 isn't all that great...any car can have a 2 liter 240 horsepower four banger. i mean, for god sakes, a Pontiac Vibe GT has a 1.8 liter, 180 horsepower engine...are we comparing the Vibe GT to an s2000? NO...HORSEPOWER/LITER ISN'T EVERYTHING!!! you need to rev the s2000 in order to get any sort of torque out of it...
    and anyway, you better back off the Corvette...it'll kick the shit out of this car whether in the straight line or on the track...as well as the 2003 svt cobra...the s2000 is just a little rev happy go-kart..

14. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

S2000 is not the best car, but the best in its class. It beats the audi TT, BMW Z3/Z4, nissan 350z convincingly. ANd the price is thw lowest as well.

Sure, it's not that special to have 240hp from a NA 2 Litre engine. But it's great that it also meets the ULEV law and it's reliable as a honda accord.
    Horsepoer/L isn't everything, true, but it saves money for many people becuz in many places, more displacement = more tax to be paid.

Funny enough, many test drivers like to rev up the engine. So, it's really depends on ur taste.

No one is dissing the vette, or at least i'm not. But comparing a vette to S2000 is just stupid. And it seems it's people who like the vette started this argument.

15. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

It won't beat a corvette... that's for sure, but it can beat an BMW M5, an audi S8, a porsche... on that forum for the s2k, somebody gave a link for a file named "fr-battle" with the s2000, ae 82, 86, bmw m3, m3 e46, rx-7, nsx type zero etc... and who won ??
    the s2000 ! So please, stop to say that it can't beat a corvette on drag, are you insane ? How can it beat a corvette who have 5.7L and this it have 2.0L ... You are very crazy...

So, my favourites cars are in my signature... I love the corvette and the s2000, it's like the s2000, but higher... We can juste compare these two cars for their excellent performance.

16. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

you are full of shit...the S2K cannot beat the rx-7...the rx-7 has 50/50 weight distribution, and can run 13.5 quarters, whereas the s2k is a roadster, and runs 14.8 quarters. but you are right about the corvette...

17. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

calm down, i think he meant that the S2000 had beat the m3, not rx7. Or may be that rx7 is the very basic one, the one with 265hp. And the S2000's driver was really good.

18. #18 Stook02, Nov 30, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

I'll say it again, i hate when ignorant people start ignorant post. First of all, for the vette fans, i own a 71 stingray l48 with 412rwhp from a 350 bored .30 over to 355ci. So this is non bias.... i also own a 2002 honda s2000. Which one gets more attention, the vette, which one is more fun to drive... the vette... no, the honda, no, they are totally different. The honda is indeed very go kartish, but still can attain a topspeed of slightly over 160mph, a 0-60 of a shade over 5.5seconds, and a 1/4 mile under 14.0 seconds. Most of use at www.s2ki.com achieve 1/4's in 13.7-13.9, mine went up to 14 flat wheni put 18x9,18x8's on. I havn't done it again wtih my exhaust, vtec 2, and intake, i imagine a 13.7-13.8. WHY THE HELL would you compare a 2L 240hp honda to a 1.8L 180hp pontiac????? Thats 100hp per liter as opposed to 120hp per liter, and the honda does it with even greater displacement.... no contest.... As for the car, it itself, the engine aside, is amazing. The frame is extremely rigid, the weight distributed 50/50. The 6 speed transmission is extremely smooth and makes for some of the shortest shifting i've ever experienced, and i've driven plenty of nice cars. The interior is all race, very sparse, yet equiped with recaro racing seats in full leather...... 8000$ unassebled for two of them from the factory!!!! And a good 1k+ on ebay!! The steering wheel is as good or better than what the optional leather is on porsche's. The stock tires are potenza S0-2's, some of the nicest, grippiest tires you can buy. ITS A GREAT CAR! It can't take a vette, but match it up against any car in its class and it will take it on. Oh yea... i take mustang GT's in my vette AND the s2000 all day long. I've lost, but only when i get a bad jump or downshift to the wrong gear.

Brandon

19. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

I would say that the S2000 will kick the mini's @$$.

20. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

hey i no this is a lil off topic but...i cnt start a thread since im new but what do u think would win in a race, honda S2000, Supra, integra, or the great RX-7?

21. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

You're right, it is off topic, but when in Rome....

It'd be a close call between the RX-7 and Supra, but one of those would likely win.

The new RX-8 however, would lose to the S2000.

22. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

I like men with intelligence like yours...
    Listen, I don't give a sh*t for your 50/50, I know for that !
    So, if you want to play the intellectual man, please download that video and see !

For you HondaRulez, it's not the basic Rx-7 and I have to say I am impressed the s2k won against the nsx and the rx-7, but it's true, and I believe what I see.
    And It's a track race, not a drag race...
    The s2k win, then ae86, rx-7, 82 and I don't remember the places for other cars.

The cars are slighty tuned on the "style" not on motorisation, the s2k have 240bhp and the m3 (there are two m3, one E46 and an older) are the last on the track because they are very heavy, but they are getting better on drag race of course...

So, I've got enough to see that I'm full of shit, thanks...
    I see you are a typical
    kid of five years who eats candy... go home.

I know the rx-7 is 13,4 seconds 1/4, but it's a track race !
    And in a track race I know a Golf 1,8 cabrio Karmann could win against a miata and the gold is slower ! On track race, it's the engineering who's important, power, weight, torque, and chassis.

That's why the s2000 and the corvettes are the best on their category, because they are build from the best engineering...

23. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

Oic, dun't get me wrong, i like s2k. But i also think rx7 is a great car too. Wow, the s2k won against the nsx too? The driver must be really really good.

I do agree that the S2000 and Z06 are the best in their catergory.

24. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

haha, you tell them whats up. Mini's well get its ass handed to them by the S2000 and its F20C engin.

25. Re: S2000 vs Mini Cooper S

That the engine code for the new engine? cuz' I know the engine code for the 2.0 litre engine that redlines at 9000rpm is the K20A