Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

Discussion in '2000 Saleen S7' started by SupraRacerNOS, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Which one might win in a head to head race??

2. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

what kinda race are we talkin about?

quater mile and topspeed goes to the McLaren F1.
    on track i'm not too sure but my guess is that the S7 would edge out the F1 on that one.

3. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

It be close but IMO McLaren F1 still is king

4. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

It be close but IMO McLaren F1 still is king

5. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

I agree, I see McLaren as the winner here, but it would be close.

6. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

On the quarter the Saleen would easily win. The 0-60 by the F1 is faster by 1/10 a second but the 0-100 and 1/4 mile have the Saleen far infront. On the track S7 all they way. Reguardless of the great F1 style handling, the downward force lets the S7 take turns faster. Much lower as well which helps on turning.

7. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

id say the mclaren would come out on top but saleen would be close

8. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

1/4 mile would go to the Saleen buddy

9. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

The Saleen would win only if got rid of that flat spot in power around 100 mph, on the 2-3 shift

10. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

I think mclaren would win track & 1/4 mile it has the suspension, downforce, and engine over the saleen, yea it'd be close but i think the mclaren would take it.

11. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

it would be close because Road & Track proved that the F1s record was shattered by the S7 3.5 vs. 3.3, it would get a wholeshot but i dunno about the rest of the race. And which F1 are we talking about, there were different generations of the F1

12. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

The Mclaren F1 will win, I think, but it will be a very close race.

13. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

Apart form the Mclaren F1 can do 0-60 in 3.2 sec.

14. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

Sure buddy a Mclaren F1 was run by a owner at 11 seconds flat

15. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

In the quarter mile and in a real race..the S7 will win. In a long straight away like the audobon...the McLaren will win. The Mclaren is built for the purpose of being the fastest production car in the world with a v12 engine, propelling it to over 240MPH.
    The S7 in the other hand is made for racing in mind. Handles better because of great downforce...enough to drive the car upside down in a tunnel, using a v8 engine.

16. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

Where are you guys getting that the S7 is faster down the 1/4 mile?

And the F1 was not built to just be the fastest it was built to be the ultimate driving machine. Which became a really successful racing car.

17. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

The number of cylinders isnt what makes one engine better than another... its the engineering of it. To prove that, go look at the Output vs. Displacement ratio of different engines. Although engines with long banks of cylinders (IE, Ferrari V12s, and V10s and V8s) usually preform better than oh say... I-4s, thats usually because of larger displacement.

18. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

Also depends on bore and stroke measurements and rpm rage.

19. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

There's a guy that lives across the street from me and he has a salt-flats racer with an I-4 that puts out 600hp and can go 200mph. The thing has huge bore.

20. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

how big is the engine? that thing must scream.

21. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

The saleen is a great car, but the mclaren has a certain edge over the states' wildest four-wheeler. The saleen is heavier, mostly from it being somewhat larger than the f1, so its power to weight ratio doesn't match it. It's still a close match as the saleen's sharp steering personality and road-holding ability help it keep up with the elite. But in standard street trim, derestricted and mac's possession of ABS(the saleen doesn't have it), the mac would definitely have the race tied up on a winding track.

22. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

The Mclaren F1 doesnt have ABS

23. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

DAMNED SOURCES OF MINE!!! WHERE THE HELL'S MY GUN?!

24. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

You guys are all idiots. The McLaren would kill it on everything. It handles like an airplane and it's fan assisted. The S7 is a good car, but how about you guys read up on your stuff before you post acting like you know what you're talking about!

25. Re: Saleen S7 vs. McLaren F1

Well the problem is that the Mclaren F1 is underated somehow. A lot of people seem to hate it and will always bash it. Maybe because after 10 years its still number one.