Saleen's own car?

Discussion in '2001 Saleen S7R' started by imprezawrx14, Aug 9, 2002.

1. or is it just another ford?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Saleen's own car?

Ford had nothing to do with its design.

3. Re: Saleen's own car?

I thought Saleen just madeover other cars. It's cool they made their own.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Saleen's own car?

The S7's engine is based off of the Ford 427, other than that it has nothing to do with Ford.

5. Re: Saleen's own car?

Saleens own car? I would say no, cause it looks almost EXACTLY like the McLarenF1... anybody else see this?

6. Re: Saleen's own car?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RazorX</i>
    <b>Saleens own car? I would say no, cause it looks almost EXACTLY like the McLarenF1... anybody else see this?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I can't say that I can...Buy hey, if they did look at the F1 and use some it's design I think they should take it as a compliment.

7. Re: Saleen's own car?

tThis is totally independant, made and designed by Saleen it is pretty fast aswell 0-60 3.8 or something like that. It goes 230MPH aswell!!!!!!!! Not to shabby!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Saleen's own car?

First of all it goes 223 or something like that. And also the McLAren should be proud that someone took its badass looks and almost its speed.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Saleen's own car?

THe S7 and S7R took a Ford base design for it nothing else this is a Saleen through and through Americans one true Supercar simply amazing<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Saleen's own car?

First of all, Saleen did take some design attributes from the McLaren F1 series, including the tail-lamp setup, the roof-mounted engine air intake and the carbon fibre plenum/multi-trumpet intake idea. The dimensions are also similar. But the Saleen S7 and S7R have had more work done to the undercarriage and aerodynamics to the end that the S7 and S7R have plenty of downforce to run across a ceiling at 160 mph. But other than those, the Saleen S7 is a totally new car.

11. Re: Saleen's own car?

Reguardless if Steve Saleen stole the Mc Laren body style, he still made a potent supercar...nice to know that a good ole american boy can hang with the Italian and British legacy of speed.

:pain is only weakness leaving the body:

12. Re: Saleen's own car?

ford did have a part in this car not only with the engine but with the brakes the chassie and the rear end. also with the designing of the body. the guy who said its nice to know that a good ole american boy can hang with the Italian and British legacy of speed
    of course he grew up with the Hemi cuda, the Shelby 427 Cobra csx, and the 427 Corvette.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Saleen's own car?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SkinnyTick</i>
    <b>The S7's engine is based off of the Ford 427, other than that it has nothing to do with Ford.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

SORRY THERE DUMMIO!!! But this engine isnt based on a 427 from a ford. It is bigger car and it has a whole lot more power. Saleens own car is based on its own engine. But with this much power a 427s block would crack and split. I should know. I worked for ford for 5 years. Now its GMC all the way baby!

ENEMY!

14. Re: Saleen's own car?

It is based off a all aluminum 427 ci block of Ford's origin.....no matter what you believe, it is the fact....<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Saleen's own car?

how can you down grade form ford to gmc that is just stupid. why would you try the best the setal for the rest<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Saleen's own car?

ITS SHITY FORD

17. Re: Saleen's own car?

Too cheap for me.

18. Re: Saleen's own car?

very great car maybe too great for me!

19. Re: Saleen's own car?

This the most AWESOME S7 ever!! Looks a bit like the F1 LM in this pic.

20. Re: Saleen's own car?

600 hp and only a V8? Wow!

21. Re: Saleen's own car?

"i am rich" is probly poor as shit. migs, come on....and yesterday i bought new zealand

22. Re: Saleen's own car?

Jeez guys.........The McLaren got its roof scoop from the race world so Saleen didnt steal shit from the McLarens borrowed designs.

23. Re: Saleen's own car?

uhm.. i couldnt help but notice a lot of referances to the 427ci engine being a ford.. if memory serves.. the 427 is a GM engine and ford's its a 429 .. if im wrong correct me

24. Re: Saleen's own car?

Shelby used the 427 in their Cobras, then went on to pyt them in the 67 GT-500s. The 428 and 429 were used from 681/2-72 (correct me if iI'm wrong on the dates) as Cobra Jets or Boss 429. (and 429 S/CJ)

25. Re: Saleen's own car?

Oh, yes, of course, anybody else see this? it's a clone of McLaren F1... I don't think so...