Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Silverado SS Concept' started by import eater, Aug 9, 2002.

1. In my opinion these three companies have great cars, but if I had to choose I'd go with thhe SS.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

I would chose the FORDLIGHTNING it has always been the best and will always be the best and fastest truck in the world.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

I would go with the lighting also only because i have always loved the lighting. The Ram has the Top Speed and acceleration over the other 2 but i think the Lighting has the handleing so on a track i think that the lighting would win. This is just my opion so if you dont agree with it you dont have to. Just dont give me crap for it because its just my opioin.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

you guys are retarded. The Ford, (which in my eyes doesnt even exist) would get all kinds of smoked by both the SS and the Ram. To say anything different would be to declare a deep rooted ignorance.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

The Silverado SS would kick the other two's asses!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

I agree it is the fastest truck ever built nobody gets close to it it can beat most every car on the road and handle like an Integra R if i had a choice and money i would get a lightning and have the baddest truck ever.

7. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

fuk dodge and chevy, ford still kills with its truck, yall know what i meen, looks better and performs better, SVT is all about performance and handling, the svt outperformes all trucks on the track, and thats a fact son! <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

I love the simpsons, but not your post. First of all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and secondly, both the Chevy and Dodge will outperform the Ford in every aspect. The only reason the Ford has been successful in the least is that the Chevy and Dodge havent been produced yet. And concerning handling, none of these trucks will handle as well as a high performance car, i can't imagine they will have even close to the 50-50 weight distribution that is critical to great handling. Overall, id have to go with the dodge although i love chevy. I like the way the huge grill looks, and also i cant say no to 500 hp and 500 ft lbs of torque. Gotta love the Viper powered badges on it too.

9. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FORDKING</i>
    <b>I would chose the FORDLIGHTNING it has always been the best and will always be the best and fastest truck in the world.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ford? whats it got to show for itself the weakling mustang? the ugly lookin no power tbird? the suck as trucks break down in middle of the road??

the only idiots i kno are the one who have any ford<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

It's hard, I like the SS looks better, much better, but the SRT-10, is bigger and more powerful!!

11. #11 3ina6, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

well lets see if you go to www.ford.com and go to there svt page you will witness your awnser
    ford svt lightning the fastest production truck in the world
    i would also not only pick it on the the strip but on the course too
    i still think there all deadly trucks but i think that the lighting would win
    oh yes ENDOCLES are you gay ford doesnt exist but they do make the 2nd most vehicals in the world second to gm who have it buy a long shot
    so if ford doesnt exist then you might wanna look around and give your head a shake farrari nice cars but in the real light too much money and they just DONT EXIST
    fords also pull 6 sec quarter mile times so to say they dont exist on the racetract is another mistake

12. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

Yes, maybe the lightning is the fastest production truck in the world, but it isn't faster than the dodge or chevy.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

ahh the truth dude hahah

14. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>ahh the truth dude hahah</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yip. They're going to make this in 2003!<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

I have a pic of the 2003 ss.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

ss anyday the ram was built as a concept in 2002 rite? well lookit this 2000 chevy came out with something better b4 them

17. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

I would go with the SS<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

I would have to go with the srt 10 going strictly on numbers. I wish chevy hadn't of changed anything from the concept and i dont really like the production version all that much but it would still beat the lightning. The SS CONCEPT would in my oppinion be the champion of them all but the production version doesnt really stack up against the 500hp of the SRT ram. I am a huge chevy fan but i know when to admit defeat.

19. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

I like the looks of the SS but it would be better if it had the power of the Viper. The Ram and the SS weigh the same just the Ram has little more power. I think this is the best looking truck ever made.

20. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

the ss would win off the line but the lightning would beat it in the 1/4 and would get beat by the srt10 in both the 1/4 and top speed.but look at the engine it's an 8.3 v10 put the ford GT(40) engine in the lightning and see what would happen.

21. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

SRT-10. More horsepower, more torque, better looking... what else? it's a Dodge... I love it.

22. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

Has anyone ever heard of the 2000 Ligenfelter 427 twin turbo awd sonoma? I know it doesnt count in the comparison because its definately not stock production, however it is worth knowing about because its the only 10 second truck ive ever seen. Get this- 700hp and 650 lbs-ft of tourque. It does the qtr mile in 10.6
    Those are the only stats i know but can you imagine being able to smoke almost any car on the road....in a truck?

23. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

The Ford Lightning will kick there butts. Ford has way more experience with the Lightning because the Dodge and GM sport trucks are newer. And if GM or Dodge did come out with a truck that beat the Lighning the Special Vehicles Team (SVT) would make the Lightning a lot better the next year.

24. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

Exactly, you have the right idea. this year (2003) I would say the srt-10 has the advantage and would probably win, but take a look at svt.com, with the coming of the new f-150 body style, svt has decided to tweek the engine of the lightning as well as the looks. The production concept, (now I know people are going to see CONCEPT and say it cant be compared cause it probably wont be released, but please not the PRODUCTION before the concept, this means the final product will be extremely similar to the concept)anyway, the PRODUCTION concept is slated with 500 hp and ft/lbs of torque, and before you say that thats still not as much as the srt-10, take into account weight and aerodynamics and suspension and the lightning will easily beat the srt-10. Also note what he has already stated, the dodge and chevy are new at this and svt has been doing it for a while, so they know what they're doing.

25. Re: Silverado SS vs. Ram SRTvs. Lightning

GM is not new to the performance truck scene. Look up the GMC Syclone and Typhoon. When these two truck came out(I think in '93) they were faster than the Lightning. Dodge may be new to making performance trucks but they aren't new to performance vehicles and neither is Chevy so don't even bring up experience. None of you knows if the Lighting handles better than the Ram so don't even go there.