Slow

Discussion in '1994 BMW 850 CSi' started by bob777, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Slow

This is not slow at all..<!-- Signature -->

2. #2 ericf, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  3. Re: beautiful.

The E31 8-series Rival was the Mercedies SL
    The Merc S-class is a 7-series rival.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Slow

I bet it's faster than your car...<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Slow

This car has been a real failure for BWM , kicked by the Mercedes S class

6. Re: Slow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>This car has been a real failure for BWM , kicked by the Mercedes S class</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Shut up. All bmw's have their top speeds restricted to 250 km/h. And don't compare this to a S-class...<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Slow

You do realize that an S500, about 30% heavier than this, a four door sedan, can kick the shit out of damn near every bmw minus the m3 gtr and maybe some of the hamann modded ones...

8. Re: Slow

Excuse me, I meant to say S600.

9. Re: Slow

This might have been an S-class coupe compettor when they made both of them<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Slow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ekliptikz</i>
    <b>Excuse me, I meant to say S600.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Still not comparable...<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Slow

Slow my ass, this beauty has itŽs top speed limited up to 250 kph, otherwise it would sppeed up to 290 kph, and, by the way, it doesnt have 372hp, it has 381 hp

12. Re: Slow

Still not comparable with the S-klass...<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Slow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PRO</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>This car has been a real failure for BWM , kicked by the Mercedes S class</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Shut up. All bmw's have their top speeds restricted to 250 km/h. And don't compare this to a S-class...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

all Mercs have their top speeds limited to 250 as well so do Audis and many others

14. Re: Slow

I know that but do you think that the S is comparable with this car?<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Slow

i guess the S600 should be able to compare with this it also has a V12 and weighs about as much i think they're about even

but in luxury and technology the S600 is far more advanced, after all, this car is a '94 model

16. Re: Slow

no, this is an coupe, S is a lux sedan, 7er is for competing with the S and this is for competing with the CL or somthin like that...<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Slow

"BMWs are driver's cars with luxury on the side, Benzes are lux cars with performance on the side. Nuff said."
    Ericf: Not in Europe it isn't. BMWs are common cars, nothing special about them, except of course the M and 7 series. Mercedes are more luxury, but the C, E, M, G, and SLK class are nothing special. The S is of course, and so's the SL and CL, but the rest aren't. And Mercedes performance comes in their AMG built cars, not standard.

18. Re: Slow

Bmw arnt that common in the UK, the only ones that are more common than others are entry level 3-series (316, 318) and entry level 5-series (520, 523) but if you copare that to Fords or Toyotas they are rare. Mercs arnt common because you can get a Bmw for less with more or less the same performace & equipment. Any way the new 2003/4 Bmw M5 will absoultly kill any Merc in accelration and top speed if you take off the limiter!

19. Re: Slow

Are you crazy!!!

For this car's weight, 5.9 (0 to 60) (give or take) its extremely fast. Also this car is easly upgraded.

It also sounds cool, because 12 cylinder motor, and options galore.

20. Re: Slow

For this car's weight, 5.9 (0 to 60) (give or take) its extremely fast. Also this car is easly upgraded.

It also sounds cool, because 12 cylinder motor, and options galore.
    alright i got my self a 91 850i automatic transmission what can i acctually do to upgrade the car? how can i get a better 0-60 time on it while maintaining its top speed ? that the only fault i see with this car is that it take a little while for it to get going , but as soon as u get past 100km/h the car can really show its engine potencial. i was thinking of inverting the twin cams into a ram air like the sl500 do u think that would make much of a differnce? and maybe getting a wider exsaught lines from the headers

21. Re: Slow

Whoever started this topic is a moron.
    Did anybody go to the forums of BMW 7 Series, 8 Series, M5, Mercedes SL, CL, or any other luxury sports car.
    In every forum there is a moron who thinks 155 mph top speed is slow. These morons don't realize there are limiters in the cars. Also, these cars are luxury sports cars, not raw sports cars made only for performance. Stupid morons! Shut up and think before you post topics like "This is soooo sloooow".

22. Re: Slow

compare this to a 94 s600, and the merc gets kicked. This is, also, i'd say the aesthetically most beautiful car ever made. (IMO) It is also, at 4300 pounds, much lighter than the 94 5500-5700 pound benz s600.

23. Re: Slow

maybe in a straight line but not in the corners ...........

24. Re: Slow

155 mph is too slow? i don't know about you, but the kinds of people that buy these types of cars probably are not going above 155 very often, and because of the Grand Touring design of this car, you probably will not see one on a track, so what's the point. Also, if you are looking for mods on your 850, check out Dinan. A neighbor of mine had one several years ago, and his was quite tastefully modified. Getting a chip (go Dinan of Racing Dynamics if you can) is probably your best inexpensive option that will not affect the integrity of the car. Obviously new breathing aparati (ie intake) can help without costing an arm and a leg. After that, mods on an 850, my neighbor said, get "insanely expensive."