so freaking awesome!

Discussion in '2004 Evolve S40' started by 2998ccCSL, Nov 15, 2004.

1. the tank gets an upgrade! id love to run this car into a wall at 150 mph a few times, and then drive it for another 800,000 miles.

2. This is one car I'd love to own really. I'm not a huge Volvo-fanatic though, only a 240 used to be able to avoid me falling asleep when I saw one.

3. i like volvos just because of the stories you hear about them.. like running into an 18 wheeler, spliting it down the middle and exploding, the volvo lands in the middle of a lake, sinks to the bottom, and drives out, hits 20 trees along the way to the repair shop to see if anything was wrong with it, and when the mechanic called them he said, "your lucky you brought it in, youve got a real problem here.. you got a dirty oil filter! your milage is probably suffering.. you might be over heating a little, but i wouldnt worry, youre driving a volvo."

4. personally...i dont really like it too much. Like veyronman said, the rear wheel camber is pretty weird. I also do not like that hood and trunk paint or whatever it is.

5. I'd sport it.

6. Good idea, except I'm sure it performs well at 160 MPH for another million miles.

7. I reckon Volvo might be gunning for the BMW 3 series compact, which was a bit of a flop anyway. But i reckon theyre going for a revive.

8. your so right about the stories just not that exagerated lol

9. man volvo kicks ass. first they are indestrucable, then they are crash proof, now they got 425 hp. and 2998ccCSL wasnt exagerating. volvos ARE JUST THAT TOUGHHHHH!

id want one if i werent driving my gti.

10. Why isn't this the new Ford 500?

11. I was in an accident in a 1990 Volvo 440 GLE 1.7 liters in Germany, in 1998. Mum was doing about 90 mph (it can go as fast as 125mph!!!), and we went round a corner we hit a roadworks sign (a truck with a huge yellow arrow on the back of it). She tried to stop, but the car was fully laden and avioded another car on the outside lane, hit the central reservation (concrete wall thing about 3 feet high), then hit the truck at about 40 mph. Nobody was hurt. The car had a dented front bar, cracked windscreen (only slightly) radiator plastic grill thing, and a smashed left mirror (from the wall). There was a bar that went into the Volvos front bar about 6 inches in, but the radiator is set back A FOOT from the front bar and was fine. The Police came, but since it wasn't her fault (no signs before the corner to indicate the roadworks, and no speed limits), they let us go. The car started and she drive it all the way to Romania, which is another 900 miles away. And then after a month of using it there, drove it all the way back to the UK! The only thing she did is stick another mirror on the smashed one and fix the front bar. Nothing else needed fixing. In the UK on the way back the Police stopped us and told us to change the windscreen, no other Policc in any other country in Europe that we went through stopped us about it, or mentioned it if they did. Hehe.
    She still has the car nowadays but doesn't drive it, anymore as the gearbox went. A common problem on 1990's volvos. She now has a 1993 BMW 318i which she tried to drive to Romania this Autumn (fall) but didn't even get past France with it! LOL Saying that she did drive it there about 5 months ago and was fine (well, the startermotor went while in Romania).

Basically, Volvo's rule!

12. I was in an accident in a 1990 Volvo 440 GLE 1.7 liters in Germany, in 1998. Mum was doing about 90 mph (it can go as fast as 125mph!!!), and we went round a corner we hit a roadworks sign (a truck with a huge yellow arrow on the back of it). She tried to stop, but the car was fully laden and avioded another car on the outside lane, hit the central reservation (concrete wall thing about 3 feet high), then hit the truck at about 40 mph. Nobody was hurt. The car had a dented front bar, cracked windscreen (only slightly) radiator plastic grill thing, and a smashed left mirror (from the wall). There was a bar that went into the Volvos front bar about 6 inches in, but the radiator is set back A FOOT from the front bar and was fine. The Police came, but since it wasn't her fault (no signs before the corner to indicate the roadworks, and no speed limits), they let us go. The car started and she drive it all the way to Romania, which is another 900 miles away. And then after a month of using it there, drove it all the way back to the UK! The only thing she did is stick another mirror on the smashed one and fix the front bar. Nothing else needed fixing. In the UK on the way back the Police stopped us and told us to change the windscreen, no other Policc in any other country in Europe that we went through stopped us about it, or mentioned it if they did. Hehe.
    She still has the car nowadays but doesn't drive it, anymore as the gearbox went. A common problem on 1990's volvos. She now has a 1993 BMW 318i which she tried to drive to Romania this Autumn (fall) but didn't even get past France with it! LOL Saying that she did drive it there about 5 months ago and was fine (well, the startermotor went while in Romania).

Basically, Volvo's rule!

13. i wish my volvo kicked as much ass as this.

14. only volvo id consider buying

15. heh...nice story. Anywho, this car is nice till the back