Something for your reading pleasure.

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by Guibo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Cleaning out my drive (hundreds if not thousands of images) and I come across this. Anyone have the rest of the article? I must have downloaded this somewhere a helluva long time ago. I hope the site hasn't gone under...

2. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

What was the name of the book you got that from.

3. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

By the font, it looks like R&T. Maybe one of the SuperCar special editions they had back in the early '90s. Again, not something I've personally scanned, so I'll have to look into it.

4. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

Now that's something you can't deny. Thanks.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

^

6. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

It still won't stop the arguments.

7. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

yeah, they'll just say you used photoshop. Some people on this site really hate American cars and it pisses me off. Thanks for the article though, that is pretty awesome.

8. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

This car was only a 1-off I thi8nk any company can build 1 single fast car but to build a car that goes into production and is extremely fast[aka mclaren f1] is a whole other story.

9. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

The McLaren that went 241 was not production & modified from factory specs.

At least this car was an option off a production car.

10. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

i downloaded a video on kazaa of a modded mclaren goin 391 settin a world record. im not sure if it was km/h or mph. but it was a guy with a british accent driving on a giant oval.

11. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

that was a lambo. i have the same video from kazaa. it was km.

12. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

How many lamborghinis do you know that have a seat in the center of a car?? It was a mclaren because no lamborghini will do 392km an hr. I have that video 2 and if you watched it till the end he says exactly what he is driving.

13. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

speed is speed it dosen't matter how you get there. In case you weren't aware of it Reeves Calloway owns a company that makes corvettes really really fast. Calloway has been building tuned corvettes for a long time and most of them are 200mph capable cars. anything over 150mph is academic anyway.

14. #14 WorshipTheMclaren, Feb 8, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  15. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

this car rules

16. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

This car is cool! Why do people bash it?

17. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

Meh, it's a great car, but definitely not the best, and I dunno why people insist so aggressively.

18. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

Ignore them ...if then don't have genuine reasons then I would say those half wits are just jealous and can't come to terms that America makes some great cars.

19. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

Yeah, America does make some great PERFORMANCE cars, but definitely not the best.

20. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

people get pissed off that america makes the fastest performance cars for the least amount of money.

21. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

ya it was modified..maybe it was the gt

22. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

yeah but it doesnt just stop w/american cars there's stuff downgradin every country n every make n not respectin them for what they're good at

23. Re: Something for your reading pleasure.

Dont get anything started now. We all know that the prices are listed differently in foreign countries. Any foreign automobile in the US is going to be more expensive than it is where its from.