Sorry peeps

Discussion in '1998 Porsche 911 GT1 ’98' started by McLaren_Man, Aug 9, 2002.

1. But this car will neva match the amazing McLaren F1 GTR.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Sorry peeps

**** *** McLaren gay man, thats not what McLaren said 1998 when the GT1 won the 24HR Le Mans. OHHHH what 1 and 2 place were the GT1's for GOD sakes a Nissan got a better place, so **** all u McLaren fans that think there better cus your not. So go talk shit to someone who cares about McLarens. REMEMBER WE BET YOU mclaren YOU ARE NOTHING TO THE POWER AND COOLNES OF PORSCHE............

3. Re: Sorry peeps

Yes, the McLaren is a good car, but if it is better than this car, why had it retired from top-line competition by 1998? This car won the worlds greatest endurance race, 3 years after McLaren, whose car was obsolete by the time the 1998 race came about.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Sorry peeps

The 911 GT1 was retired because it flew in the air , driven by Yannick Dalmas.

Moreover as you said , it wasn't competitive anymore.

5. Re: Sorry peeps

actually, it was "retired" because of the cayenne (BAH)

6. Re: Sorry peeps

that was a crazy accident but the sucky SUV is the reason porsche is out of racing for the moment

7. Re: Sorry peeps

I remember the factory Mercedes' CLK-GTRs having blow-over problems, but I don't remember the same happening to the Porsches. Did I miss something or am I confused about what year this occurred in...