Speed Record Set at Nardo

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by Christianmc, Aug 10, 2002.

1. At Nardo track in Italia the Murcielago had an average speed for 1 hr. of 304 kmh (189 mph). That is a world record for a production car. Understand that most cars can not last that long doing top speed for so long. And that world record was done regardless the 3 min that wasted in the pitstop because the jack did not work! It can have an even faster record if the pit stop equipment worked like it was supposed to! This means that the Murcielago is a very durable car.

A faster record [ 320 kmh-199 mph] was done by a special Volkswagon W12, but it was on slicks, and not a production car

(This is not the top speeds for the cars. They are faster, but this the average speeds for 1 hr. of racing)

I do not know if the Murcielago will win in a race against the Ferrari F40, F50, or Diablo GT. The Murcielago has not yet raced against those. The Porsche Carrera GT and Ferrari F60 do not have any perfroamnce facts at all yet, so that is not clear even more. No one can argue for which car until they are tested

2. Re: Speed Record Set at Nardo

That is true. You can't argue yet but if the manfactures give you an estimate its probably better then that or is about the same. I can't wait for the F60 and The Carrera Gt to come out and see the stats they put up. So far the specs of the Carrera Gt look good.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Speed Record Set at Nardo

Damn liars,
    fastest production car is of course the McL!!!Even a little Porsche Turbo is going that fast!!!Dream on...
    PS:The Diablo GT goes about 345km/h but is out of production!!!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Speed Record Set at Nardo

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LaMagra2002</i>
    <b>Damn liars,
    fastest production car is of course the McL!!!Even a little Porsche Turbo is going that fast!!!Dream on...
    PS:The Diablo GT goes about 345km/h but is out of production!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

do you just not read or are you really that stupid?

5. Re: Speed Record Set at Nardo

it'll beat the diablo and the f40 \ f50 by a long way