Stop it or get the **** out.

Discussion in '2002 Hafei HF Fantasy Pininfarina Concept' started by Kritikal1, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 79nitrovette</i>
    <b>yea you deffinetly have a point, people oughta respect all cars for what they are and what they accomplish rather than what they arent and what they miss on. although, supercars.net seems a little liberal in their deffinition of a supercar. a car should be an excedingly interesting car, a technological marvel or just plain fast to be called a supercar, anyone else agree?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree 100% Not every car made must exceed 200mph and have top luxo appointments whilst handling like an F1 car. It's not feasible.

As for this car, it reminds me a lil of an MR-2 hood/lights/front bumper cover with something similiar to a 96 Chrysler Sebring grille. The back end is horrid, nuf said. Yes I understand it's ONLY A CONCEPT, and it may be changed for production, hehe it better be. As for the roof, don't roll it, as if anyone could =op It's reminiscent of the Ford 49 Concept, not one of my favs but overall I wouldn't mind seeing this on the road.

LaTeR<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

(clapping)<!-- Signature -->

3. You can't bash this or cars like it.. it's a design concept..

It's also probably just an economy commuter car, the engine is only a 1L.

Just because it doesn't possess insane performance capabilities and doesn't meet your idea of the perfect car doesn't give you the right to dismiss it totally.

Do you think the average Chinese citizen requires/can afford a horsepower loaded speed machine?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

This is a good point.

But theres no specs so we dont actually know how economical is it...

...and to just to add my 2 cents if they cleaned up the back end it would look alot better cuz that looks really stupid<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VICIOUS</i>
    <b>You can't bash this or cars like it.. it's a design concept..

It's also probably just an economy commuter car, the engine is only a 1L.

Just because it doesn't possess insane performance capabilities and doesn't meet your idea of the perfect car doesn't give you the right to dismiss it totally.

Do you think the average Chinese citizen requires/can afford a horsepower loaded speed machine?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

thankyou<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

i dont care much for the back end as well and for the first guy yor right people shouldnt bash cars because they arent great sports cars that and do 240mph/390kmh but this is a site called supercars.net people who come to this site expect the cars to be some thing more than a practical econo box.

7. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fastgorrilaz</i>
    <b>i dont care much for the back end as well and for the first guy yor right people shouldnt bash cars because they arent great sports cars that and do 240mph/390kmh but this is a site called supercars.net people who come to this site expect the cars to be some thing more than a practical econo box. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hahaha i dont agree with dissing concepts but it is a good point a 1 litre engine is no supercar

8. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

yea you deffinetly have a point, people oughta respect all cars for what they are and what they accomplish rather than what they arent and what they miss on. although, supercars.net seems a little liberal in their deffinition of a supercar. a car should be an excedingly interesting car, a technological marvel or just plain fast to be called a supercar, anyone else agree?

9. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

This sucker probably gets 50/75 mpg.

10. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

The purpose of concept cars is to get the publics opinion. However most people here are not giving good opinions based on the purpose of the vehicle. For an econo car it seems pretty decent. better than a real econocar like a ford focus. <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

yea style, taste and culture. like i said. an all together interesting car. but thats not all, it has to be an fast and powerfull to a certain extent.so by your standards lamboboy, a '92 civic dx is a supercar because of it expresses the taste and style of the chineese culture. every car (american, european asian or any other car for that matter)expresses its own style and taste and the culture of that brands origen country and design philosophy. a supopercar is not just style and its not just speed. its both those things. with out both of them in some combination or in some for a car i not a supercar. and so u know, it wont be beating my car any time soon ;-)

12. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from japcarsrule</i>
    <b>it's about time the asians got a car company in the orient since the chinese are the ones owning the range rovers and bentleys around here.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This comment makes no sense since there are 2 auto companies in China now, not to mention a few in Korea that import to the rest of the world. Last I checked, Korea was part of the Orient and Asia. Also, GM, Toyota, and Volkswagen are either building or already have joint venture auto plants in China. Whatever....

Title of this thread sucks, but I agree with the sentiment.

13. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 8694GT</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VICIOUS</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from P h a t T o n y z H e r e</i>
    <b>I think hez right </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yah, thanks "Phat Tony".. peaaaz outtt yo.

:p Why do you people write like that?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

8000+ posts get a life, it also seems as if 8000 of those posts are just yelling at people why not say something positive or constructive rather then start a thread titled "stop it or get the #$%# out". plus with the lack of info on this car it shouldnt even be posted, i dont see how anyone can argue for or against this car.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I am saying something constructive! How ironic of you to criticize me..

Sometimes people have to be harsh to get their points across.. people are going to rag on this car for having a small engine and odd looking design, I'm sticking up for it, saying Stop bashing it, or just Fuckin' leave..

Is that alright, or do I have to have it approved by you!?

(and that's 8000 posts over a long period of time..this site has been around for a while, buddy)<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

those (ford or honda) are not the best econo cars. They use that as a sales pitch. Cars can be much more economical (Toyota Prius is a minimal example) but everyone wants power. It's not an opinion it's a fact. Who wants a car that gets 80mpg and does a 1/4 mile in 30secs? The majority of people who buy cars want some sort of power if they didn't they would buy a scooter or a bike (the kids will have to walk).

Honda is my favorite car company, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that the economy thing is just a sales pitch cuz some domestics can do the same thing.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Charioteer</i>
    <b>the day i buy a car from the reds is the same day i bet on France to win a war. if you want an eco car, buy a honda or a ford.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Without France, the USA would not have won their war of independance.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

I feel sorry for Lamboboy, he doesnt apreciate true eastern performane..(not this car, this is just normal)..Japanese cars will blow your ass hairs away, ...well, just stick with your american cars of classy crap..

17. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mohd223</i>
    <b>I feel sorry for Lamboboy, he doesnt apreciate true eastern performane..(not this car, this is just normal)..Japanese cars will blow your ass hairs away, ...well, just stick with your american cars of classy crap..</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You got problems, Jap cars aren't exactly faster then American cars. Sure Japan make alot of nice cars ie Skyline (drools), but you have to think first that Japanese cars are alot different to American cars, the whole American vs Japanese thing on this site is really stupid.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

i DONT KNOW 4 SOME REASON I LIKE THE DESIGN......

19. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

Fastgorillaz said it best. Too many people (mostly the 15 yr old crowd) bash a car if it doesn't have 800 hp and go 0-60 instantly. Just because it's not fast doesn't mean it's shit.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LamboBoy</i>
    <b>**** u all, u guys know nothing of supercars, this car is MUCH better than all of you guys' cars together. Oh and hey, Supercar is not just about speed but also the style, taste and culture. So watch and learn from our Eastern (Chinese) friends.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why "#$%# us", we're in support of the car..<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

The thing is though is that even if it was't supposed to be a supercar for it's speed I'm not really seeing what so different from this compared to any other econo car on the market. I mean you've got a car that's gonna get like 50 mpg something geo has been doing forever and that looks like a seebring with some weird top. (Someone else described its look better before).

22. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

Hey LamboBoy, stop saying '#$%#' all the time. It makes you look like you're having a very poor vocabulary and unable to express yourself. Or maybe you need more sex.
    Kind regards.

23. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LamboBoy</i>
    <b>**** u all, u guys know nothing of supercars, this car is MUCH better than all of you guys' cars together. Oh and hey, Supercar is not just about speed but also the style, taste and culture. So watch and learn from our Eastern (Chinese) friends.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Who are we supposed to be learning from? The car is to be built in china, Pinninfarina is Italian. They designed the car.

And There is no better auto enthusiast site out there. I come here to see what's kickin' ass in the world of sports cars but I'm also here to find out what's coming in the form of cars that us working classers can aford and finaly to see what has been. So they may not always be supercars, but this is a super car website.

Thank you supercars.net, and keep us informed of it all.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

I think hez right

25. Re: Stop it or get the **** out.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from P h a t T o n y z H e r e</i>
    <b>I think hez right </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yah, thanks "Phat Tony".. peaaaz outtt yo.

:p Why do you people write like that?<!-- Signature -->