styling: New Esprit vs MP4-12C

Discussion in 'Car Comparisons' started by F50Fanatic, Oct 3, 2010.

1. dead on

2. both look OK, not intersting design overall and could fit any other car maker supercar.
    i like the original designs and the designs which are related to the company heritage, like ferrari, lambo, jag, porsche.
    but between these two, i like the lotus more, becuse i think the MC looked dated already

3. Esprit

4. The Lotus is a beautiful car. I prefer the looks over Mclaren. but Mclaren is still a looker too.

5. The rear quarter view of the MP4-12 makes me weak at the knees.

Nothing about the Lotus does.

6. Lotus. The McL is the most bland looking car in a decade. It has no charater, no personality, no drama, no nothing. It could be a Toyota Celica

7. They are both pretty close. Went with the McLaren because of the roof line. And I think the body has more potential in a better color.

8. It's all about this.

9. and this.

10. have they started delivery?

11. Nah not till next year.

That one's got VP11 on the side, Validation prototype, final pre-production cars but I think at production spec, currently doing hot weather/high altitude testing in Arizona.

12. looks better, but im still not a fan.

13. Yeah, that's why it has a prototype designation number written on the side.

14. Desingners with talent emough will not have to choose either or. They put beauty and aerodynamics/science in the same box

15. Yes, because that would be common knowledge. d*ckhead.

16. You speak with definiteness about things you clearly know nothing about. It is clear that you believe you know everything about everything

18. Stylingwise even the Evora looks better than the McLaren...

19. At least the Lotus looks to some point aggressive. It has some sharp lines and edges opposed to the Huyndai...sorry McLaren... But you're right. None of the cars are not exactly on 458 level...

20. At least the Lotus looks to some point aggressive. It has some sharp lines and edges opposed to the Huyndai...sorry McLaren... But you're right. None of the cars are not exactly on 458 level...

21. ugh

it's all about compromise with the engineers

designers know shit about fluid dynamics

22. I saw the McLaren this past weekend in Orlando. Looks good, but too generic. Doors are sweet. Rear looks good. But I vote Lotus.

23. I like the Esprits sharpeness better

24. the mclaren has too much fendergap

25. They're both overpriced yawn-fests. Acutally, I have no idea how much either costs, but with designs that lacking in inspiration, it better not be much.