Sucks Ass!

Discussion in '2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG' started by Angisio, Aug 16, 2002.

1. I just read about this car in Autocar Magazine. They didn't like it at all, and for all you dumb Mercedes fans that say Mercedes are better because they are almost as fast, but more luxurious, are out of luck for this car. Because they said that the ride in this car was brittle and didn't like it.

Angus

2. Re: Sucks Ass!

Oh shut the **** up.

3. Re: Sucks Ass!

The truth hurts eh?

Angus

4. Re: Sucks Ass!

yeah it does, that's why your in denial that mercedes is actually then its BMW counterpart !!

5. Re: Sucks Ass!

this is why you are in denial !!
    you know Mercedes is better then its BMW counterpart...
    oh wait it doesn't have a BMW counterpart !!, is it because BMW isn't good enough to making a fast and luxurious coupe like the CLK...
    freaking dumb kid !

6. Re: Sucks Ass!

this is why you are in denial !!
    you know Mercedes is better then its BMW counterpart...
    oh wait it doesn't have a BMW counterpart !!, is it because BMW isn't good enough to making a fast and luxurious coupe like the CLK...
    freaking dumb kid !

7. Re: Sucks Ass!

Why would BMW do that? Do you know what their slogan is? Ultimate Driving Machine. Not comfort machine. Thats a Mercedes thing, BMW sells to people that love to drive, its got nothing to do with comfort. Only old people want that shit.

Angus

8. Re: Sucks Ass!

It is the counterpart, not the same class though. The 3 series is in the same class as the c Class.

Angus

9. Re: Sucks Ass!

That's the difference we all talk about and makes mercedes better than BMW...it's the fact than mercedes combines with it's AMG models excellent performance with extreme luxury...that's what BMW is not capable of...BMW M cars are the best in sports car considering they have very good engines, gr8 transmissions (the gr8 SMG II for example) , and lots of other sportiest caracters...Mercedes AMG models are as sporty as BMW, but the difference is that they're more classy, more luxurious, etc...
    so if you consider that mercedes are for old people you're a fool, there's a lot of old people who drives mercedes's cause they're a little bit expensive and these people have worked all they're lives to buy a benz..

10. Re: Sucks Ass!

BMW makes cars purely for people who love to drive cars, its got nothing to do with comfort. AMG models aren't quite as sporty as the M's in my opinion because they don't even offer manual transmissions. Why wouldn't they offer them? Because older people don't like shifting in traffic and shit. BMW owners don't mind because its way better at a track to have a manual.

Angus

11. Re: Sucks Ass!

it has NOTHING to do with that.
    it just so happens, Mercede chose to perfect its automatic transimission. and since it has the best auto tranny n the world, that's what it uses.
    yeah old ppl drive Benzes, but a lot of OLD ppl drive 5-series as well as 7-series.
    your point is ??
    and yeah a lot of young ppl drive SLKs, C classes, C sports coupe, Aclasses, Even E-classes as well as CLKs.

12. Re: Sucks Ass!

The new range of AMG models offers speed shift transmissions with gear changing on the weel, like in f1. ISN't that sporty??? this transmission is made for old people huh???

13. Re: Sucks Ass!

Are you comparing the quality of the Mercedes street car transmission to an F1 transmission? I sure hope not.

Angus

14. Re: Sucks Ass!

Why would you perfect a lesser transmission unless you are catering to a certain crowd? An automatic transmission will never be as good as a manual on a track because you cannot chose when to switch gears, which is a very important element.

Angus

15. Re: Sucks Ass!

on a track yeah... but only like 1% of luxuary/sports/exotic cars take their cars on a track.
    since that's a minority, why would mercedes bother !?

16. Re: Sucks Ass!

Thats a fact for lots of Mercedes drivers, not for BMW drivers, who like to go to the track. Where I live the BMW track days fill up like hot cakes.

Oh, and nothing to do with cars or anything, but whats up with taht crap below our names? Its got Carma written under it or something.

Angus

17. #17 G1zm0, Oct 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  18. Re: Sucks Ass!

LOL!!!
    gr8 one!

19. Re: Sucks Ass!

Quote from Angisio_66 :
    ---------------------

BMW makes cars purely for people who love to drive cars, its got nothing to do with comfort. AMG models aren't quite as sporty as the M's in my opinion because they don't even offer manual transmissions. Why wouldn't they offer them? Because older people don't like shifting in traffic and shit. BMW owners don't mind because its way better at a track to have a manual.

Angus

You are such an idiot. BMW are purely for people who want to drive cars? Nothing to do with comfort? All performance right? Should we put a BMW M5 up against a Porsche 911 Turbo then? Or even an M3? Why not? From what you say, BMW is "purely" for porformance. Shur your trap. There are many cars which are "purely" for performance and this isnt one of them. BMW aim for comfort almost as much as mercedes do, they jsut cant do it as well. Look at th e7 series. Ive read nothing but complaints about its new tech systems and interface for trip computers etc. Anyoen heard of ergonomics? Also, would you buy a lotus Exige over a BMW Z8 or M3/M5? If not, then why? the exige will kill any BMW on the track without a challenge unless its an oval or a 10000 metre straight line. Is the M5 a sports car? Noooo its a GRAND TOURER. Are you goign to tell me a 7 series is made "purely" for performance? Well? By the way you say mercedes dont offer a manual transmission, without making any specific examples. You should know mercedes offer manuals in quite a few models, just generally not in their higher powered ones. The SLK230K for e.g., is availiable with a manual. If you want to make a point, then please back it up rather then having to sound like a complete fool. I have a test in the British "Car" magazine of sports cars. The M5 and Porsche 911 turbo (in the GT category, not sports) made it past the first road test, and were takien to the track against those in the other rcategorties which went through. Apparently they couldnt fdind a fault in the BMW on the road...on th etrack it didnt even compete, and the Integra type R was said to be a better track car by far. Don't give me your Crap abot BMW being built "purely" for cars people love to drive. Oh, btw, im 18 years old and would prefer Mercedes luxury and class over any BMW any time. Does taht make me an old person? Do you understand taht maybe luxuries might make people "love to drive" a car? If BMW dotn care about luxury, why do they have so many luxury features in their cars. Anyone knows these things add weight and thus reduce a cars ability on track. So if they wanted purely performance, wouldnt they strip out their cars? Before you say a car sucks ass, think about the car u are backing up for a second. If you dotn know what you are arguing about, then dont argue. Dont speak. Stop being a 5 year old. I man only be 18, but there can be times where education can have greater importance then age..and you obviously lack either one, or the other, or both. If you prefer BMW, you can say that, thats fine, but if you bad another car, you need to use your head not your heart, because you will get shown jsut how stupid you are otherwise.

20. Re: Sucks Ass!

angus! shut da hell up! Mercedes-Benz's r da best. u sucks ass!

21. Re: Sucks Ass!

Yeah I agree I have also read a few negative things about it.

22. Re: Sucks Ass!

Let me ask you a question have you ever owned a Mercedes before, how would you know they are da best???????????? Because I have.

23. Re: Sucks Ass!

Most Eurpean cars are great, but you can't say Mercedes is better than BMW. Overall performance BMW is still better, even though some of the new exterior looks are pretty ugly compare to mercedes. BMW builds FAST cars that HANDLES well. BMW interior is just as well made as Mercedes. As for Mercedes ever since Crystler took over it lost it's handles but in a straight line it's FAST. But all this depends on personal taste and comfort.

24. Re: Sucks Ass!

AMG cars are fast in STRAIGHT LINE, it's got some handles but it's not as good as the M series...

25. Re: Sucks Ass!

This has got to be near the top of a long list of the dumbest things ever said on this site. So, by your logic, if Kia changed their slogan to "Best Vehicles on Earth," they would be the best vehicles on Earth? Don't take that marketing crap at face value.

And what's this "only old people want comfort" garbage? Are you high? My friend just took delivery of a 2003 330i last week; fabulous car. It's comfortable, too, by the way. His father drives an S500. Also a fabulous car.

As luxury automakers go, you couldn't have chosen two that are more similar. BMW and M-B both make cars that are fast, luxurious, valuable, comfortable, quiet, handle well, of good build quality, etc. The differences are not that big. "Only old people want comfort," I can't get over that; you should have a cork in your ass to help you stop talking out of it.