Sux.........

Discussion in '2001 Pontiac Firebird Raptor Concept' started by Richs72Goat, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Sux.........

Shutup, dumbass, the only way 3/4 of the world hated it would be if they were scared of it, because it looked mean and they'd have nightmares at night if it was actually produced.

2. Re: Sux.........

You can ***** and moan all you want, fact is... this car will kick your cars ass... ooo fuel economy, boohoo... why the #$%# buy a sports car at all if your worried about gas you FUCKING IDIOT QUIT POSTING STUPID SHIT... I don't think that many people give 2 shits about fuel economy on cars with 540bhp, FUCKHEAD.

3. I love all of these new muscle cars that the US is coming out with. Just one VERY BIG problem. i think they all look like crap. This design is unoriginal and a vast majority of the concept cars just are puke. But there are always exceptions...........

4. Re: Sux.........

hmm... I think this car is beautiful. I bought one. So tell me. I just have to know. What kind of car do u think of as fine. Yes Lambos do look good since that is in ya name they not the nicest cars but they do look good. Doesn't mean anything else doesn't look good. And tell me what does a person that thinks these cars are ug;y drive

5. Re: Sux.........

They're not like imports.. sleek, rounded, refined. Its a tank.. muscle car. Sposed to look mean, angular and powerful.

6. Re: Sux.........

I agree totaly: UGGLY and BORING!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Sux.........

Boring?!?!?!?! Go drive one...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Sux.........

you said it. UGLY!!

9. Re: Sux.........

Its a muscle car, get over it. It's not supposed to look cute or fancy or even aerodynamic. It's supposed to run the quarter faster than the guy who spent his cash on something that looks like its faster. And boring!? What the hell are you talking about? Have you ever driven one? Guess not... you wouldn't say boring if you had.

10. Re: Sux.........

I agree, Im sick of these ugly Firebirds..
    Yeah, great power... to go straight..gee thats fun??
    To big, to heavy, CONVERTIBLE??? WTF? I wouldn't be caught dead driving a convertible firebird...and those stupid air scoops..gay.
    C'mon the 80's are over, make something that looks good!.. oh wait, I thought the F'bird is discontinued???
    I better brush out my mullet!!!

11. Re: Sux.........

bleak are you talking bad about going straight?!?!?!?!?mr. i have a a 900 hp supercharged NOS driven bored 5.0 mustang that beat a honda civic DX in a drag race. Mr. i am going to turbo charge my supergharged mustang and i am going to have 2000 hp. why the hell are you talking bad about straight line acceleration. oh wait you were lieing in that other post thats right. sorry now i get it<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Sux.........

IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME...granted, its hella fast...but for the love of God change the body up. Chevy/Pontiac have this severe problem with making tons of variations for the Firebird/Camaro (because they've been sisters since birth) but RARELY ever changing the body up to make them more identifiable and distinct. what the hell? now, i surely wouldn't mind one of these beasts in my garage, but i like to see a new shape once in awhile.

13. Re: Sux.........

Gents, this car is not dressed up for rally nor a race track. It was made to go straight and fast and I don't think you can say anything against that. If anyone has more $$$ for anything fancy - get a Lambo. What you pay is what you get...

14. Re: Sux.........

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DiabloEvolution</i>
    <b>I love all of these new muscle cars that the US is coming out with. Just one VERY BIG problem. i think they all look like crap. This design is unoriginal and a vast majority of the concept cars just are puke. But there are always exceptions...........</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

damn...
    you live in an upside-down world dude...
    you sound as if you were talking about Japanese cars I mean... boring... crappy looking... uhhm andthat part about the concept applies so well to things like the Toyota POD and the Honda Unibox<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Sux.........

just because it doesn't have a bench as a spoiler and stickers plastered all over doesn't make it a bad car. Read my sig, stickers DO NOT equal hp<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Sux.........

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bleak7</i>
    <b>I agree, Im sick of these ugly Firebirds..
    Yeah, great power... to go straight..gee thats fun??
    To big, to heavy, CONVERTIBLE??? WTF? I wouldn't be caught dead driving a convertible firebird...and those stupid air scoops..gay.
    C'mon the 80's are over, make something that looks good!.. oh wait, I thought the F'bird is discontinued???
    I better brush out my mullet!!!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What's wrong with convertitbles? I think that you are just trying to bake bad because GM is taking the market again in some major blitzkrieg of the automotive world. Convertibles rock! they are the greatest ride. Ever go for a drive on the highway on a sunny summer day? it is the most exhilerating experience. Now throw in a 540 hp engine without turbo or nitro and the only description is wow!

Second, those hood scoops are completely factory AND functional, it is something called ram air intake. It works by using the car's own motion to generate power by forcing cold air into the engine. something funny is that horsepower tests don't account for this because the engine/car is stationary. The actual power is really higher.

Third, this body style came out in the nineties not the eighties, The eighties style is what the "Night Rider" car, Kit was. Or are you too young to remember that? Well, if you can drive you should be able to, my brother who is 14 even know's Kit.

Wait a sec, three strikes, you're out! Guess what, you might as well pack that "mullet" away because the F-bodies are only on hiatus and are undergoing a complete redesign. See you in a couple of years in my new firebird, hopefully you'll be old enough tou drive by then.

17. Re: Sux.........

The new firebird give me a boner. anyone who calls this beautiful and fast car "ugly" likes it up the butt. <!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Sux.........

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LegendNH</i>
    <b>just because it doesn't have a bench as a spoiler and stickers plastered all over doesn't make it a bad car. Read my sig, stickers DO NOT equal hp</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->no one said stickers equal hp, if ppl wanna put stickers on there car, they can go a head, i'd only put it on if i was being sponserd by that company. and r u saying that car looks better then lets say an import riced up (ignore preformance) your on crack, body kits and wings wont make the car go faster, but they sure make it look a lot better. and its not very hard to make a better looking car then the fire bird, its like a pontiac sunfire on steroids, its ugly as hell.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Sux.........

Stop calling this car ugly. this is a beutiful, fast car. Mustangs are ugly. they look too common. at least GM tried. <!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Sux.........

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LegendNH</i>
    <b>just because it doesn't have a bench as a spoiler and stickers plastered all over doesn't make it a bad car. Read my sig, stickers DO NOT equal hp</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Now, if this still applies, wouldn't that make every car (and van) on the road in the 70's more powerful than Boeing's 747???

21. Re: Sux.........

What is going on here?<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Sux.........

Anyone that says going straight fast isn't fun obviously dosen't street race and probably has never been in a car that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds. If they had they wouldn't be saying that. There is something about having your head plastered against the back of the seat and the chirp of the wheels in between gears that is too good to describe. This car can take any rice burner and is probably cheaper and easier to get horsepower out of. Besides that, the LS-1 is one of the most versatile engines on the market. It can be bored out to 427 cubic inches and put out as much as 700 hp without turbo or superchargers or nitrous. The base aluminum block is the same used by the Corvette C5-R. This car isn't supposed to be lean or small. It's derived from a rich heritage of boxy muscle cars that have been eating up pavement for years. Not only that but the sound these cars CAN put out is unbelievable. Put this car beside any foreign car and tell me it dosen't look intimidating. Next to the Vette, it's the most bang for your buck.

23. Re: Sux.........

dude your an idiot

shut your yap

#$%# face

24. Re: Sux.........

dude probsty
    dude in order to comunicate with you i will begin every sentence with dude. dude your wasting space on my screen. dude explain why the other guy is an idiot. dude get new slang. dude i have not used dude since i was a teenage mutant ninja turtles fan in 1st grade. dude this concept is a new, good idea. dude i am not a FB fan, but i like it.

25. Re: Sux.........

These cars look like ass. I agree, 80's are over. Muscle is a thing of the past, so unless you are a redneck or in your 40s, this car sucks. And just look at how much displacement it took to get this power. What a waste of engineering, or lack there of.