Ten of the best American-branded cars

Discussion in 'Car Comparisons' started by MuscleCarHeart, Jul 25, 2009.

1. #1 MuscleCarHeart, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31947825/ns/business-autos/

The majority of the list is Chevrolet, Cadillac & Ford. No Chrysler vehicle made the list, and even the Tahoe made it on the list, which I found surprising. And isn't the Malibu a redone Aura?

Hard as it may be to believe, the quality of many American cars is just as good or better than popular Asian models. And we're not just saying that -- independent reports issued by J.D. Power & Associates and Consumer Reports confirm it. So if you’re looking for a good way to help kick-start the U.S. economy (and maybe get an incredible deal) you might consider buying a car made by Ford, General Motors or Chrysler.
    But you want to pick a good one.

Here are our suggestions for some of the top-rated domestic products, which incidentally are also cars we’ve enjoyed during testing for msnbc.com. The list is not intended to be exhaustive but to highlight models for which there is the strongest evidence that they are a safe choice for cautious shoppers.

The selections are based largely on Consumer Reports’ reader surveys and J.D. Power’s Vehicle Dependability Survey, which looks at problems after three years.

2. if iam looking for a two door coupe for less than $30,000 i would get either a mustang or camaro. a four door? pontiac g8 or used cts. sports car? used corvette or viper.

3. No Chryslers

4. there are no good american cars this article is wrong

5. I do like the 300C SRT-8

6. shame on the interiors

7. I love the header of the article:

Want to be patriotic or snag a deal? Consider these cars from Big Three

Where is Chrysler? Oh wait...

8. That list is epically terrible

My List, in no particular order: Mind you, these are new cars

Corvette
    Camaro
    Mustang