test

Discussion in '2002 MG EX257' started by capt dna, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: The Audi R8 smokes this car hard

LOL!! I know.
    the R8 better beat this little car =)

This little car I think is the closest thing to the Lotus concept of racing cars..cept it uses a smaller engine =)
    They should bring back the Twin Turbo I4s for the Lotus and race in this class. I'm sure they would have a good fight.

As for a 2.0L Twin Turbo with no restrictions almost..I'm guessing this lil babe is churning out around 450-600hp probably. If you look @ the WRC cars..they run with single turbos, restricted exhaust, lower grade fuel, and still a 2.0L engine..they get 400hp =P
    Well close to it.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: The Audi R8 smokes this car hard

this car is very good, because they are actually faster than some P900 cars, they rewrote the rules and made these cars have air restrictors to limit the power.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: The Audi R8 smokes this car hard

Hmmmm..for a new poster..you have a very abrasive attitude.
    Keep that up and you might start pissing off moderators which equals a *BOOT*.
    You can correct people...but keep the insults down.
    This is not only a place to express your knowledge, but also a place to learn.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: The Audi R8 smokes this car hard

ya u are rite he should stop insulting! btw heh i just discovered this place! and i think everyone should be nice and no insult! thats lame...

BTW ive allready learned so much here just last 5 days! i love this place *thumbs up* <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: The Audi R8 smokes this car hard

Who cares if it's a LM P 675 car ???

It seems to be a little slower than the R8 , but it can win overall.

6. Re: The Audi R8 smokes this car hard

LOL.
    well come on man.
    If you're pitted against the R8s or even the Caddy on the long distance straigh-aways, you're quite screwed since the 600+hp cars will smoke ya in the distance.
    But pull a few corners and like the little Lotus Elise can kill a Porsche in the twisties.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: The Audi R8 smokes this car hard

Does the fact that this car is weighs 225 kg (aprox 500 lbs.) less than the R8 mean anything to anyone?

8. Re: The Audi R8 smokes this car hard

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SRB The Punisher</i>
    <b>LOL.
    well come on man.
    If you're pitted against the R8s or even the Caddy on the long distance straigh-aways, you're quite screwed since the 600+hp cars will smoke ya in the distance.
    But pull a few corners and like the little Lotus Elise can kill a Porsche in the twisties.

DA PUN</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What ??

Do you know anything about LM ??

9. Re

you people can have your brit cars Ill take a BMW and a 2003 mustang cobra.<!-- Signature -->

10. Not available...

A mustang gt would smoke this car. but how do I know how much hp this has?!?!?!<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

Right, seen as though you appear to be some kind of retarded tosser, I'll try and explain this as simply and as slowly as possible.

Y- o-u a-r-e a c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e a-n-d u-t-t-e-r t-w-at.

Sorry, but you'll just have to find someone with an IQ above your apparent 65 to read the rest to you.

So TVR's, McLaren F1's, Lotus are all rubbish sportscars? I think not.

Also, the Rover 75 has metamorphisised (big word, you might need some help with it) into the MG ZT, which will quite soon have a 385bhp V8. Im not a fortune-teller, but it should give the Germans something to be scared of.

By the way, as much as I love the BMW M5, there is one British car that kicks its ass. Ever heard of the Lotus Carlton?

I suggest you go away, and grow up.

<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

This was about the most stupid post i have ever seen. How do British cars suck? anyone who knows anything about cars is that British cars are one of the best u will find.

Many of the fastest road cars in the world are british. Jaguar XJ220, Mclaren F1, TVR Speed 12, many many more.

Dont forget that the fastest land machine is british that whent around 800mph.

F1 cars they are the fastest racing cars in the world most of them made by the british. Williams have won more races then anyone.

Think about your subject.

13. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

who ever made this post is an idiot and obviously knows nothing about cars!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

Now now people, there's no need to throw insults at the ineducate, I'd just love to see his beloved M3/5's beat this. Besides, Juan Pablo can testify to German engineering after Monaco ;)

BTW, I heard a rumour that VW bought out the remnants of the Prost GP team and were going to run it in the name of Skoda, can anyone confirm that we'll be seeing a Skoda racing a Ferrari ??
    <!-- Signature -->

15. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

LOL!! It'll be the most shameful day in F1 history for the Williams, Ferrari, and McLaren Mercedes when you see a Skoda on the podium @ FIRST!! HAHAH! =P
    but I'm not doubting VW can make a good F1 engine =)

Ohh yeah man..awesome car =)
    The Lotus Vauxhall Carleton =)
    This is the pre-M5 car that kicked ass! Had the Germans peeing in their pants at how well the car can handle due to Lotus tuning and no damned hightech tractioncontrol shit =) All from physical tuning =)

As for the the STi...bad ass car..but not sure how it'll do vs a M5/M3 unless it was suped up.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Matthew4300</i>
    <b>who ever made this post is an idiot and obviously knows nothing about cars!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thanks that's nice to hear especcialy from some one who likes bmw. The discussion brit/german cars have to end they both make perfect cars (from their own perspective).
    <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

Not all BMWs are good. Some are prone to problems..and not to mention repair cost..holy shit!!
    As for the Mustang, nice looking, but Ford still doesn't understand that racing is not still straightline horsepower displacement war. True racing is with turns and curves, hence the Brits got it right with the Subaru WRX STi WRC. Believe it or not, the Subaru is not a factory backed team as I recall, unlike the Mitsu, Seat, Skoda, Citroen, etc teams.

If you have ever been to Europe, and driven their domestic sports cars. The Lotus Elise is not a particulary powerful car, but it rocks in handling and is considered as one of the best handling cars in the world. Bring it up a notch and you got the Exiges and Exige GTs...which is basically a coupe version of a Elise with a bigger, badder engine. These little cars are known to be able to crush cars it races against in more powerful categories.
    Another British legend is the Lotus Esprit. Only 350Hp now, but that's all it needs since it is relatively lighter than the competition, and handles alot better.

Ever driven the Lotus Vauxhall Carleton? Awesome sedan. Basically the ultimate M5 killer of it's day.

Aston Martin DB5, awesome ultra-luxo brit sports car. Sports one of the best sounding engines, classiest looks, and also brillant performance and handling.

Austin Healey, very nice cabriolet. Awesome handling!

Jaguar E-Type, and all the other Types they come up with, XJK, XJR, XJ220.

The king of the road, McLaren F1 is Brit too.

There are many other cars that rock over there, and they are all domestic to UK only.

Sure the BMW M3, M5, Z8 are all awesome cars, they are also way more expensive and modern than most of the cars I mentioned there. Not to mention more performance oriented than Luxo-sport.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

British Rubbish?

Ego trip German is more fitting

BMW's are great cars, but the first BMW car was "called the Dixi. This was in fact an Austin Seven built under licence."(The Book of the Car, page174) BMW didn't make their own cars until 1932. Until then they only made motor cycles and ENGLISH CARS.

Porshes were nothing but tunned Beetles in high drag until 1965 when they came out with the 911. The first cars were German, But Mercedes-Benz isn't dominated by sports cars, but rather "luxo-barges."

The English gave birth to sports cars. Classic two seaters are their legacy. Light weight, low horses. MG, Jaguar, Austin Healey and Morgan. They are only a couple Porsches I'd prefer to own over a host of cars with these name plates.

Oh, I'm not English, I just like a lot of their classic cars.

19. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

Hell yeah man.
    Brit cars are so classy looking when it comes to their classic sports cars =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

German racers are truly better than Brits, but Brits aren't rubbish.

21. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

LOL...are German racers better?
    If so..then why do you have the McLaren F1 pic under your name...cuz guess what...it was basically designed and built by LOTUS! =P

Reason why Brit cars don't race as much in like F1, IRL and all those others is because they try to compete very well funded companies like BMW and MB, and the Brit companies are small.
    They are very limited in budget meaning they can hire only mediocre drivers, and build cars that are not as hightech..but the cool thing bout Brit design is that they always stick to the principle of lightweight, small and good handling for their sports cars. Not unreasonable if you've ever driven anywhere in England.
    Other cool things is engine technology is relatively simple so no expert mechanics are really needed to do mechanical work, and the suspension is awesome too.
    Look @ the Lotus Elise..no sway bars =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

German are not better in F1 which britain kick ass at. Geramny do not even have a car in it.

23. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

What are you talking bout Firestarter!!?
    the Germans have 2 companies in the F1 compared the Brits that has 1.

German F1 teams = McLaren Mercedes.
    and Williams BMW.

Ok..the fram builders are British, but the engines are German.

The only true Brit team I think is Jaguar, but then Jag is owned by Ford.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SRB The Punisher</i>
    <b>What are you talking bout Firestarter!!?
    the Germans have 2 companies in the F1 compared the Brits that has 1.

German F1 teams = McLaren Mercedes.
    and Williams BMW.

Ok..the fram builders are British, but the engines are German.

The only true Brit team I think is Jaguar, but then Jag is owned by Ford.

DA PUN</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Where have you been pun?<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: MORE BRITISH RUBBISH!!!!!!!

HUH..what ya talking bout WS6. You have very fragmented ideas. Define where have I been?
    And what is your argument?

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->