the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by DOMESTICS 4 LIFE, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

I dont know why you guys are going off about the Boss mustang. The car wasnt even built there is only like two of the F-ing things and they they dont really do anything well except 0-60 because that is all they were built for. They do nothing else. They have a turn radius of a Freightliner Rig, the interior is non-existant and the car as tested to get to to 60 in 1.9 isnt street legal. where as not only is the 427TT in limited production right now there are already over 100 of them out there, the car actualy turns (actually extremely well) and has as interior and can be driven on the street and has a faster 1/4 mile time and has a top speed well over 230MPH and has a better design and a better platform/chassis and... should I really keep going?? Dont get me wrong the Boss is a cool car and all but it does not compare to the 427TT.

good reply

2. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

Do the math and you`ll know. The LPE 650 TT tops out around 225MPH Right? So doing the math with the extra HP and Torque and slightly better grad coefficient of the 427TT assuming you have the slight body mods and not just the engine upgrade, and the slightly different gear ratios the 427TT has been estimated to top above 230MPH.

3. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

Well the 427TT just went faster than 1.9 0-60 so scrap this whole thread.

4. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

Very true it is geared for great accel. times but I have seen video of it hit 224.7mph already and the driver said he could feel it pulling still but he stopped because he said he proved his point.

5. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

ya theres only one problem...the 427tt is/was an actual prodution car, aka one that you could buy. You can't buy the boss prototype. Another thing, different people run different times in cars. Maybe the 427tt is actually faster.

6. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

Ya the Boss also is drag car. It would get rped by the vette in the corners and u know it. And also if the boss only had a 427 in it instead of a freakin 10 liter engine it would have a 0-60 in much longer than it does now. Also the vete looks a lot better

7. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

Right, so we are comparing 0-60? The BOSS Mustang is faster, very just. The Corvette could do the same hough.
    In all other areas the Lingenfelter is a much better car. Better engineered and built.
    The Boss is all motor, great, it was built for that. The Lingenfelter was built for TT running, turbo weren't just run because they couldn't get the power out of the motor they wanted. The project was designed around a TT setup. I'm sure LPE could achieve more out of the LS-1. If they stripped the Corvette and did the same mods Ford did to the Mustang the Corvette would do a faster 0-60 but the Lingenfelter UNLIKE the Boss Mustang is not designed for that but it still gets pretty close. Infact quite the oppisite, the TTs are there for higher end torque.
    Take off the turbos and give it a healthy blower and watch it demolish the Boss.

0-60 isn't the real measure of performance. In the real world, important figure the 427.6TT is a better car.