the american superball

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SupraMan, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Which horizontal striped polo shirt should we wear today? Yeah lot of strategy there.

2. Honestly, Ive played quite a few sports, and none have come close to the strategy involved in american football. Does it make it better? Not necessarily. Its extremely difficult to pick up and watch because of it, not to mention it makes the game stop all the time.

that being said, Its still my jam.

3. American football: engineers only

4. I think golf is the only sport I enjoy watching more than I enjoy playing.

5. You just happened to watch a boring super bowl. The game looked liked a freakin pre season game. There are great games almost every single week in the normal season. And the playoffs were ok. Im just glad the Packers beat the Steelers. I can't stand big ben and heinz ward.

6. golf is either the most relaxing or infuriating sport on the planet, havent quite decided which yet.

7. you just dont understand the intricacies of american futball.

the coach comes up with a play

the players try and make that play

GET IT?!

It is the most strategic sport in the history of forever.

8. Golf is for old lazy people IMO.

9. I used to golf all the time and I can tell you it is both relaxing and infuriating. When you are playing the back 9 with some buds and a few beers, and you hit the perfect drive, or a perfect chip shot, the world is completely silent for the few seconds of airtime. There is nothing as rewarding as being on a beautiful course and playing a good game. But at the same time, when you have the bad days golf can absolutely drive anyone nuts. Hook a few, maybe get a penalty, and flub a few chip shots and suddenly your one bad stroke away from throwing a club.

10. can someone tell my why they all wear so much padding and helmets and shit?

11. no, television is for lazy old people. golf is for the active ones.

most fun sports to play are golf and squash imo

12. ok cool so youre from either argentina or fiji

13. Cuz they want to be able to play a game a week for 20 weeks

14. I'm not denying there's a lot of strategy in it. I don't think anyone is. But saying rugby is so free flowing is doesn't leave room for strategy still makes you a gigantic massive huge dick. Rugby's probably got 90% the strategy american football has, it's just generally discussed by the players while the ball's in the ruck or about to be thrown in and doesn't necessitate timeouts or a coach with a whiteboard to execute.

15. how come rugby players can do it without padding/helmets then?

cause they are tougher.

16. I have played so many sports in my life. Soccer, hockey, basketball, american football, rugby, baseball, tennis, and more. As a present active athlete I will say that I believe all sports are difficult and require it's own unique talent, skill, dedication, and strategy. I really enjoy playing all sports and watching them and staying active. It;s who I am. So that being said I respect all sports.

But I am a soccer and hockey. My two favorite sports to play and watched. Have played both of them since I was 5 years old and still do today.

17. Take any game and let them do a timeout every 10 seconds and deliberate on the next move, bam, you're just as strategic as american football. If you want strategy play chess, but when it comes to sports its hardly the only measuring stick. One of the more important things about a sport, in my opinion, is that you actually get to play it without stopping every ten seconds.

18. I have played so many sports in my life. Soccer, hockey, basketball, american football, rugby, baseball, tennis, and more. As a present active athlete I will say that I believe all sports are difficult and require it's own unique talent, skill, dedication, and strategy. I really enjoy playing all sports and watching them. That being said I respect all sports.

But I am a soccer and a hockey player. My two favorite sports to play and watched. Have played both of them since I was 5 years old and still do today.

19. As a present active athlete

20. You're probably trolling but I'll give an honest answer anyway. Professional football players are basically bred for life to do that. All of the training and all of the work makes you bigger, faster and stronger then most other people.

They're all freaks basically. You have guys that are over 200 pounds that can jump over another person and run a 40 yard dash in under 4.5 seconds. Without the protective gear there would probably be deaths.

It's also a sport that encourages those people to run into each other at full speed head to head.

21. ok so it's rugby league for pussies

24. know its a troll post, but its so people can hit a lot harder. The game is played with a reckless disregard for your own health. Every play would have multiple concussions and separated shoulders and such if they were to play like they do without helmets+pads.