THE BEST CAR FOR MODIFIENG @ LOW PRICE

Discussion in '2001 AB-Flug Supra S900' started by mustang2000, Jan 24, 2006.

1. The way people are talking on this post the Evo VIII MR FQ400 is a rip off which is 85k..... (being sarcastic now) i mean man you could pick up a base lancer for 15 grand and put turbos and shat on it and you could get 1200 hp! and only pay 40 grand!

2. Supras are good, Skylines are great!

3. Supras are good, Skylines are great!

4. hell, with 30,000 and a bit, you could buy a couple of Ferraris!

Mondials, that is

There is a guy selling one for 17,000 Near where I live

5. No disrespect, Mr. supercar Messiah, but although the Lingenfelter could give a Supra a run for its money, the Hennessy Vipers make terrible track cars (I am an expert and big fan of these cars). No matter what high-end suspension components are added, these cars still weigh too much and do not have enough traction to compete with a well-tuned Supra. However, the viper would be impossible to beat with a street-legal car turnkey kitcar at the dragstrip.

6. No disrespect, Mr. supercar Messiah, but although the Lingenfelter could give a Supra a run for its money, the Hennessy Vipers make terrible track cars (I am an expert and big fan of these cars). No matter what high-end suspension components are added, these cars still weigh too much and do not have enough traction to compete with a well-tuned Supra. However, the viper would be impossible to beat with a street-legal turnkey kitcar at the dragstrip.

7. No disrespect, Mr. supercar Messiah, but although the Lingenfelter could give a Supra a run for its money, the Hennessy Vipers make terrible track cars (I am an expert and big fan of these cars). No matter what high-end suspension components are added, these cars still weigh too much and do not have enough traction to compete with a well-tuned Supra. However, the viper would be impossible to beat with a street-legal car at the dragstrip.

8. imports suck

9. How in the hell are you going to compare and Mitsubishi EVO to a freken Lambo. The Viper is an amazin car, but lets face the facts it has horrible handling your lucky not to crash going in a straight. They weight distribution is garbage! and Dodge hasnt done much to help. Now a vette is an all around great car, performance handling everything and any. I Love all vehicles Euro, Asian, American they are all amazin in their own way.

10. The Supra has always been my favorite car. Inline-6 is one of the best engines ever made standing up there with the LS# engines. It can handle high psi boost, and are not all that expensive to mod. Now when Mitsubishi and Subaru with their inline-4 engines and AWD systems that are capable of busting out that amount power is amazin. EVOs and STis are ideal for launches, AWD system and a tranni dat can handle high rev launches. But on a 60 roll ill put my money on a good FWD or RWD car hands down.

11. Hold on!

A Ligenfelter could give a supra a run for its money? a Ligenfelter will own a supra at any givin time. The Hennessy on the other hand is a pure dragster but they have also been proven to beat a Lamborghini Diablo SV a great handler. The Viper is a good handler not a great but its more than good enough to beat a Supra at any track just look at the Viper GT2, that has around 700+hp to the rearwheels and managed to be very competetive and even won its class at lemans back in the 1990's. Plus a Supra can't handle to save its life they arent good handling cars at all. An RX-7 would run curcles around a Supra.

The only car that is capable of beating a Hennessy is maybe an Ultima GTR.

12. you guys are idiots....
    my mini with a 1.3 four cyl engine is the fastest car in the world, and it only cost me $300.

this thread is dumb.

13. #18 supra for life, Jul 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    hey BBCstachas

I went on a lingenfelter site and their maximum HP they had for the twin turbo C6 Corvette ZO6 was 800hp and it is for 45K !!! here is the link http://www.lingenfelter.com/LingenfelterC6ZO6427CIDTwinTurboCorvette.htm

Oh and about your Viper I've got something for you.Evo vs Viper SRT-10 on the highway.
    Evo: 638AWHP+4 people in car.
    SRT-10: 668RWHP
    Guess who wins................

Here is your link http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=1396&p=5

14. And 1 more thing bbcstachas.Remember u said that street legal hennesy or vipers can do 1/4 mile in less than mid 8 sec and can beat the Titan supra???
    Well can you give me a link about their performance or specs?

15. #20 bbcstachas, Aug 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    1) That Corvette doesn't need over 1000hp to be fast, There's a video over on digital Corvettes.com of a 700hp C5 beating the hell out of a Hayabusa with no NOS or racing gas. The Supra would have to make over 1000hp and would have to be highly modified with NOS and probably racing gas to beat a Hayabusa.

If you ask me thats pretty damn good for only 45k vs 65k for a full blown 2JZ engine like the one they use in the titan motorsports supra. Plus it will be more reliablie than any Import packing over 1000hp.

2)
    I have seen lambo's lose to 400hp car hell there's even a video of a Gallardo losing to a Z06 stock to stock motor to motor and you know why? because the drivers of the "better" car doesn't know how to drive it properly so yes it is possible for a POS to beat a modified Viper. Anything can happen where there's a dumbass behind the wheel.

16. caterham 7