The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari Enzo' started by ajzahn, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Right!!

Mafalda

2. #27 Scandinaviancars, Nov 5, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  3. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

im talking about performance testing it, not just driving it around, i want some numbers! 0-30,40,50,60 etc

4. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Don't we all!

5. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

this car is wickedddd

6. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

What's wrong with Land Rover? Come on look at the Suzuki Vitara, it has the off road capabilities of the average Austin Allegro and do I moan about it? No. Anyway the new Range Rover won Top Gear Car of the Year Award 2002 and the Land Rover Defender 90 is the most capable 4x4 off road on sale in the UK.

7. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

What do you mean "most of them never even see a muddly road let alone drive along one" I go off road all the time with my Land Rover. I don't give a toss about the handling because it was never meant to be a rival to the Enzo and you don't buy an off roader to go drag racing with so it doesn't have to go quick. Just because you can't see how much fun it is to clamber down a near verticle muddy slope doesn't mean you have to go around saying that all 4x4s are crap.
    What do you mean they're ugly anyway. I bet you've never even seen a Landy let alone know what it looks like.

8. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

i am english y'no, i have a reasonable idea what they look like

just because u take yours offroad doesnt mean every1 else does, 2 of my friends have Discos and theyve never been offroad - the comment about women & kids stands.

they look like f*cking bricks, the Disco looked out of date before it even came out, and dont get me started on Ranges, hahaha, the new one looks like a 30yr old Mk1 with "space-age" headlights stuck on the front, awful

if u dont care about handling and performance then u arent a car enthusiast, buy a proper car for tarmac and keep your pos LR in the mud where it belongs

9. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

every rover sucks ass if u want an offroad vehicle get a #$%#in hummer, not thats a truck, pure luxury inside with tough durable outside, not 2 mention a 6.0 litre engine.

10. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

every rover sucks ass if u want an offroad vehicle get a #$%#in hummer, not thats a truck, pure luxury inside with tough durable outside, not 2 mention a 6.0 litre engine.

11. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Here we go for my opinion

Ferrari Enzo will take road handling and braking over the McLaren. McLaren takes tow End accelration and top speed. Yet on a real course neither car shou;d drop below 40 so midrange torque is importan
    Mclaren 40-100 4.5 sec
    Enzo 40-100 3.7

Facts

12. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Facts?...my ass

the F1 will do 40-100 in 4 flat according to Autocar who tested it. The Enzo hasnt even been performance tested yet idiot.

13. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Two words: Intant Legend.

14. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Don’t hate, appreciate.

15. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

I wouldn’t have said it better.

16. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

I dont know .........I guess I'd rather own a turbocharged nissan R390

17. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

why wouldnt it win best car?

18. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

why wouldnt it win best car?

19. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Very good choice by Autoweek! This car is sickkkkkkkk!!!!

20. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

thats a nice piece of news to hear! ferraris rule!

21. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

FERRARI's are awesome cars but let's face it The Mclaren F1
    is just faster then any street legal stock Ferrari out there
    including the Enzo.
    I love Ferrari's but this new Enzo is a huge disapointment for me
    in the styling department.
    I mean it's sopposed to be another one of those really exclusive
    and limited cars like the F40 and F50 but it Fails miserably,simply because it's not pretty like a Ferrari should be,lol.
    F40 is still Fantastic as well as the Mighty F50,Hell even the old 288GTO looks way better then this,lol.
    I know the ENZO is gonna perform better then F50 and shit like that but I'd still rather have the F50.
    ANy ways Imports Rule
    Domestics suck massive hairy balls
    BUt too me this ENZO fails......kinda sad really......

22. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Oh no...it fails miserabley by 'your' standards... then it must be so (roll eyes). Wait for the road test.

23. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Wow, it`s incredible how stupid conversation gets.
    WEll, I`m not sure all of you might be able to understand that but I want to get a little bit mor technically:
    Now, the Enzo will not reach the Mc F1`s top speed, that`s for sure. But the speed on a straight line is not everything. The Mc`s suspension is not that rigid as the the one of the F50 or Enzo. Mc Laren used a revolutionary concept to achieve an optimum balance between comfort an agility. The Mc Laren is lighter than the F50 and Enzo, but it is not as fast as the Ferraris in corners due to it`s suspension layout. Both, F50 and Enzo use a rigid race suspension, which might not be inviting for a long ride, but when it comes to going around a tricky race circuit as fast as possible, they have no rivals, and that`s not somthing invented by me, but it`s a proven fact that they are faster on the track than the Mc Laren (keep in mind that this is for the street version).

Now a personal note, I am not a big fan of the Enzo, I personally don`t like the styling an if i had the choice of taking one of the three cars, i`d take first the Mc Laren (fast, safe and comfortable), second the f50 and last the Enzo.

24. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

I forgot the technical explanation:
    The F50 and Enzo don`t have rubber components in the suspension, the Mc LAren does. Now if there is no rubber in the suspension there is almost no body-roll and you just have to watch a few movies of the f50 to get an idea. The F1 has body roll (i saw a few road tests), and it is extremely noticible, altough it is still a quick car it is not as stable in corners as the Ferraris (altough like the Ferraris it uses fans to suck the car on the ground) and therefore not as quick.

25. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Beaultiful words, BUT....

Handling ? Who's you (and me) to talk about handling ?

McLaren is a REAL Lemans/GT WINNER !

F50/Enzo aren't even primises !!

F50/Enzo have togheter ZERO Lemans/GT wins !

Why Ferrari has NO plans to use Enzo on races ? They don't trust in this car !

McLaren was there, for their first time in '94 because they know what they had on hands. And they WON (in '95).

NO PROFESSIONAL driver in this world has ever assigned Enzo on a race

McLaren F1 was also an limeted edition, much more expensive and we saw them on races !

Magazine drivers could NEVER compare a car like Enzo and McLaren.
    ONLY LeMans PROFESSIONAL drivers (after 24 hours racing) can.