The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari Enzo' started by ajzahn, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Ferrari now make the best Formula1, why they are not able to make the best sportcar?
    Ferrari don't trust in FIA GT, cause is very expensive and people don't love it, not like Formula1.
    Enzo Ferrari - Maserati will race, belive in me, in 2004...
    McLaren's handling better than Enzo?!? I don't thing, cause downforce, cause chassis, cause brakes. F1 is better only about weight (but Enzo has power-streering, power-brakes, dual airbags, and in 1993 Euro n-cap wasn't exsist...) and CxS, but has not downforce, and Ferrari don't care about top speed: 230-240-250 mph are good to go to Jupiter!!
    Anyway we MUST wait an Enzo's road test!!

Mafalda

2. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

I think the Enzo is almost good enough to beat the MaClaren! I want one of these cars.

3. Re:

Lido Lalocca, I said NOT RACE VERSIONS OF THE MC LAREN, how can you compare a race car to a road car?!!? The GT Mc's were modified, they had race suspensions! Are you able to understand that?
    And you should consider that Top Gear's (respected magazin) test driver is Tiff Needle (race driver who drove in F1 races and sports car races, a professional) reviewed both of the cars the Mc Laren and F50 and he is not the only one who said that the F50 has a better handling (much quicjer around corners and much more stable) than the Mc F1 STREET VERSION (NOT THE GT, AGAIN). And if you think it's only pretty words when I say that the Ferraris F50/Enzo have race like suspensions and the Mc Laren has not than call Mc Larn themselves and ask. And I saw the Mc Laren too, I was there at Le Mans '95, so don't tell me about the car, as I know the specs of the car pretty well.
    I don't know if I made myself clear, but I think there will be more replies that are based on blind writing and not on clear facts.
    Or do I have to invite the non-believers to take my Mc Laren F1 and my F50 and compare them on a track ;-)

4. Re:

To Lido: I also want to comment on your statement that the F50 and Enzo don't have GT wins. Can you please be so nice to tell us all how a car can win a race when it is not competing in the actual event (F50) or has not even been released (Enzo)?!?!?!

5. Re: Re:

YOU tell me WHY car is better than a LEMANS WINNER since its not being released, yet !!!

YOU tell me WHY do you think F50 is better than a LEMANS WINNER since Ferrari NEVER "drove" F50 in ANY single race in this world !!!

WHY ?

Why ?

Just because it has the BADGE of a F1 WINNER ?

Excuse me, it is really stupid.

Mafalda said "McLaren only has less weight..." WHY ?
    Just because Enzo has a better BADGE, so weight doesn't matter, now.

A-Class is also a Mercedes car. Should I think it's the second (or third) best car on the planet ?

Tifosi think in cars as we think about dogs. All they need is a good pedigree...

6. Re:

To Lido: Why can't you just accept the fact that one car is (overall, not top just speed) quicker than the other?!? That has nothing to do with tifosi, because I am not a tifosi nor do I have any preferences for a specific car brand! I see one thing: That you actually don't know anything about these cars and that you are not able to understand any technical terms that answer definitelly all questions. I PERSONALLY DO NOT LIKE THE FERRARI ENZO, I AM A BIG FAN OF SUPERCARS, I DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER IT'S A MC LAREN, FERRARI, PORSCHE OR ANYTHING ELSE, BUT THE ENZO IS (RACE DRIVERS SAY THAT, AND NOT FERRARI RACE DRIVERS!!!) THE FASTEST PRODUTION SUPERCAR, AND IT IS FASTER THAN THE MC LAREN.
    Why do you ignore facts and write stupid things?!!

7. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Weight is so important for an extreme supercar: Enzo is heavier than F1, but F1 is not better! F1 legal street car (F1 GTR is another thing, like 550 Maranello - 550 Maranello Prodrive...) has a quite-good handling, not great brakes (app. -1.01g), isn't perfect.
    Enzo Ferrari problably is the best supercar ever, cause has great downforce (344 Kg @ 200 Kph, more than F50 @ 300 Kph...), CCM brembo brakes, great chassis (app. 40000 Nm/r).
    I'm waiting for a road test...

Mafalda

8. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Look this... you said "I'm waiting for the road test"

BUT you also said "probably is the best supercar ever", why ?

You trust too much in the badge...

Look, Ferrari MUST stop fighting in magazines and forums.

I want to see some ACTION from Ferrari, something REAL.

They need to go to the FRONT, looking for a REAL and professional fight. They need to RACE.

My words are:

"Beat them Ferrari. Beat the best GT REAL-RACE cars in the world, beat McLaren records, Audi R8, Porsche 917k... Stop paying magazines to say you're the best. Save your money for REAL races and show yourself. Show your face. I want to see SOME action from Maranello boys."

9. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

I said "PROBABLY" cause I'm sure about only two things: death and taxes!!! I'm a "Tifoso Ferrari", but I'm, first of all, realistic: when Quattroruote, Sport Auto, AMuS and R&T will say together "Enzo Ferrari is not the best supercar ever" I'll accept it, I simply suppose it's the best.
    Real action? GT champ? Wait, in 2004 Ferrari - Maserati will race (pratically it will be an Enzo Ferrari GT)!!
    Why do you say Mc F1 is the best supercar ever? Cause LeMans 1995?
    But F1 and F1 GTR are not the same car, like 550 Maranello and Maranello Prodrive too.
    F50: No victories
    550 Maranello: many victories
    Question: is the 550 Maranello better than F50?!?

F50 WAS READY, BUT WAS NEVER ENTERED IN CHAMP. CAUSE THE CLK-GTR: IT WAS A 100% RACE CAR, MORE FASTER F1 GTR, MORE FASTER THAN PORSCHE GT1, IT WAS TOO STRONG!! TOO EXSPENSIVE, LITTLE GLORY, CAUSE EUROPEAN DON'T LIKE GT CHAMP!!
    In 1996 the F40 GTE (OLD AND UNOFFICIAL) made a very good races in BPR championship against (NEWEST AND OFFICIAL) F1 and GT1, especially in qualifies, in race was quite good cause reliability, but pure performances was similar to the F1 GTR and Porsche GT1
    Question/2 Is the F40 like the F1? Is the F40 better than Enzo Ferrari?
    Question/3 about real action, is lancia Delta Integrale better than F1?!?
    Bye

mafalda

10. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

You said "...Stop paying magazines to say you're the best. Save your money for REAL races and show yourself..."
    Quattroruore, the most important italian car-magazine, in 9/89 tested the F40
    0-200 Kph 11.3s
    0-1 Km 20.98s @ 263 Kph

F50 12/96
    0-200 Kph 12.47
    0-1 Km 21.30s @ 251 Kph

It was the WORSE F50's road test ever, all over the world (Car Grapic made 0-200 11.7s, AMuS 11.9s).
    "...Stop paying magazines to say you're the best. Save your money for REAL races and show yourself..."
    Are you sure?!?

Mafalda

11. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

NO !!! Dear Lord !!! I can't believe !!! LOL !!!

1. About GT races...Ferrari was OFFICIALLY suported at LeMans in 1996 !!!
    And you never heard about !! Tipical tifosi !!! Dauer 1st, McLaren 2nd... Ferrari 6th
    "europeans don't like GT" !!! Bullshit !!! Tifosi don't like GT 'cos Ferrari is still losing !!

2. About CLK-GTR...CLK-GTR is GREAT ! I'm just talking about McLaren because they kicked your beloved official suported Ferrari at LeMans in '96 ! (YES, officially suported !)
    You're a Ferrari groupie so you think I'm a McLaren groupie ! I'm not !

3. About quattroroute....Is Enzo supposed to be the best car in the world when it beats McLaren in a Quattroroute DRAGSTER race ??? LOL !!! Are we talking about dragsters, now ? And non-official dragster races ? LOL !!! You made a nice DRAGSTER this time, Sir Enzo !!! LOL ! I used to be a tifosi, but one day I decided to grow up and research something about races... ! LOL !

4. About Maserati... if Maserati wins... it's Ferrari winning... if Maserati loses it's Maserati losing... LOL ! So nice !

12. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

About number 1. Through your claims I guess that most Europeans are Tifosi, because if you compare in Europe the people that watch F1 and the people that see GT, you will see that the F1 has a lot of more audiences.

About number 2. Just because Ferrari loose in 96 doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have the ability to win now. Take a look at Ferrari in F1 in 96 did they looked like a team that in 2002 would be able to dominate almost every race of the year. I don’t really think so.

About number 3. I think that a 15 year old child would understanded what mafalda meant to say. She wasn’t talking about dragsters, she was just replying to this phrase of yours. "...Stop paying magazines to say you're the best. Save your money for REAL races and show yourself..." Read her thread again, but this time dot it slowly so that you can understand it.

About number 4. If Maserati wins, its Ferrari winning. If Maserati loses, its Ferrari loosing.

13. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Well, we have to understand Lido, he's perfectly right, he knows everything better than us, magazines, test drivers, race drivers. I gave some very very clear explanations I think, why the Ferrari F50 and Enzo are overall better supercars than the Mc Laren. I love the F1 to death I would give everything for it, but to Lido I am a tifoso because I say what people said that actually drove all of the three cars. Actulally just five days ago a race driver tested the ENzo and he wasn't involved with Ferrari in no way in fact he normally races a Porsche GT2 and he compared the car to the Mc Laren, F40 and F50 saying that the Enzo was clearly the fastest because of the overall performance and the new track record.
    But since there are people dumb enough to make silly statements that aren't based on facts it is very difficult to actually discuss in a neutral way about the topic.

14. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

I'm not talking about dragster, I'm EVER talking about HANDLING.... EVER!!!!
    Official Ferrari Le Mans 1996... ahhhhhhhha hhhhhhhhhhhhha ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very nice!!!

mafalda

15. #65 Lee Iacocca, Jan 20, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

I say HAHAHAHA

Now I know you're not so smart as you want to show us.

shame yourself looking at the link bellow:

http://www.vintagerpm.com/Ferrari333SP.htm

And don't be stupid, go to the nearest Ferrari dealer and ask them, little girl...

I'll bring new links as soon as I find them but I REPEAT ask to the nearest Ferrari dealer and clear your ignorance....

16. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Are you sure ? Oh my God ! Excuse me ! My apologies ! I was ONLY using your OWN words about 0-60, 0-100, 0-200 stats....

So sorry, Dearly Mafalda...

your answers below...

1. Maranello isn't a promise. I know its heavier but yhe GT version is lighter. You can say "its not enough", thinking in GT x GT versions, since they have almost the same hp... But Maranello has more torque and a bigger displacement to tunne up and it's a winner, not a promise. It's GT made to be act like a GT and not a car based on a F1 that never won a champ.

2a. They have nothing in common. heavy weight vs light weight, low hp (in this comparative) vs high hp, big displacement vs small displacement... nothing in common.

2b. I don't have enough info to answer, yet. I want to judge by myself not by mags.

3. I like to say them both have Ferrari souls, the first has a stonger body and suspension and its made to race on climbs and stuff. The second is all about aerodynamics but has a weak and fragile body/suspension (in this comparative). If you show me two cars, one based on the first and another based on the second. I'll take the first. Even if you show versions of these two brands making cars to the same race (as they were making in '70s). I'll take the first.

17. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

I'm sorry for you Lido: in 1996 there was 2 Ferrari 333 sp and 4 F40, but was not an official team Ferrari (Team Scandia, Rocket Sports Racing / Skandia) and probably (...) you know, 333sp was built for Le Mans, but for the American series.
    The last official Ferrari-LeMans was 312 P/B... (Aurturo Merzario, Carlos Pace; Ferrari S.p.A.) 30 years ago!!!!!
    Bye bye lido, and PLEASE STOP THIS CRUSADE!!

Mafalda

18. The Enzo Ferrari's steering

i know that this topic has nothing to do with my question but i cant start a new topic until i post 50 replys...does anyone know what the Enzo's steering lock to lock is? about 90-95% of cars you have to make 2.8turns of the steering wheel to go from lock to lock... is the Enzo the same or is it gonna be more "racie" with like 0.6 to 1 turn from lock to lock... that would be wicked... if anyone knows please let me know

19. Re: The Enzo Ferrari's steering

2.2 turns for a steering lock to lock

mafalda

20. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Allways the same cheap talk...

If Ferrari (including Maserati...) wins... its the great Ferrari winning.... when Ferrari loses... it was NOone racing......

CRUSADE ? I'll not spend too much time on this...

Ferrari is LOOSING you know. Its living in the past and under the glories of F40, F50 and Enzo... While Maranello handling, torque and hp are shit comparing to vettes and vipers. Maranello handling (0,92g) is so bad that they can be compared with Mustangs (0,90) and I'm comparing to the standard ones !... It's even worse ! Maranello is 200kg HEAVIER than Viper and 300Kg HEAVIER than vettes... McLaren AND CLK-GTR are older than any Ferrari and much better.... Enzo is a marvel but is unable to race... Ferrari bankrupcy is coming among Fiat and family....
    And US (GM) is buying it all .... LOL !

Soon we will draw some stars and stripes on it...LOL ! No crusades anymore....

21. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

YOur an idiot!

First off, comparing lateral accel. is pointless. The 550 has been hailed many times over as one of the best handling GT cars. The weight is attributed to the interior, and many sources never complain about the wieght when driving the car. They actually make a point in saying it doesn't feel like such a heavy car when driven.

McLaren and CLK-GTR are older and in terms of better, you may want to elaborate on that one, or are you going to leave it to childish pointless dribble like I've been reading over the past 4 threads?

Enzo is a marvel but is unable to race? Wow, point me to the article that says that exactly? I thought so. Infact, I've read Maserati is planning a LM racer for 2004 baced on the Enzo. So it will infact be raced. Again, Ferrari will NOT be affected if FIAT goes bankrupt, but from the looks of it...it wont.

I suggest you point the finger at yourself next time you want to flame the idiot.

22. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Allways the same cheap talk...

If Ferrari (including Maserati...) wins... its the great Ferrari winning.... when Ferrari loses... it was NOone racing......

CRUSADE ? I'll not spend too much time on this...

Ferrari is LOOSING you know. Its living in the past and under the glories of F40, F50 and Enzo... While Maranello handling, torque and hp are shit comparing to vettes and vipers. Maranello handling (0,92g) is so bad that they can be compared with Mustangs (0,90) and I'm comparing to the standard ones !... It's even worse ! Maranello is 200kg HEAVIER than Viper and 300Kg HEAVIER than vettes... McLaren AND CLK-GTR are older than any Ferrari and much better.... Enzo is a marvel but is unable to race... Ferrari bankrupcy is coming among Fiat and family....
    And US (GM) is buying it all .... LOL !

Soon we will draw some stars and stripes on it...LOL ! No crusades anymore....

23. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

550 Maranello has not a good handling? Oh my God!!!
    Ok Lido, two road tests for you: Quattroruote 5/2000 (Maranello Vs Diablo GT) and Quattroruote 8/2000 (996 Turbo Vs Viper GTS “Europe” 383 hp).
    First of all, weight: (with fuel, driver and Correvit)
    Maranello: 1850 Kg
    996 Turbo: 1670 Kg
    Viper GTS: 1673 Kg
    Diablo GT : 1720 Kg
    Ok, Maranello is +177 Kg than Viper, but has many gadgets, is a luxury car, Viper has NOTHING!!!

2nd, handling
    ASC Vairano handling track (Quattroruote’s circuit, 2.56 KM without straights, see the pic.)
    996 Turbo: 1’20”80
    Diablo Gt s.g.r.: 1’21”66
    Viper GTS europe: 1’23”40
    550 Maranello: 1’23”70
    Maranello is similar to Viper, only 0.3s, despite the weight. 996 and Diablo obviously are more faster, cause weight, HP and, especially, excellent traction.

lateral G radius = 55m
    Viper = 1.11g
    Diablo = 1.10g
    996Turbo = 1.09g
    Maranello = 1.08g (not 0.92…)
    there’s not a big difference between Viper and Maranello: 87.9 Vs 87.2 Kph!!

stability test
    996 Turbo: 120 Kph (Track record!!)
    Maranello: 119.3 Kph
    Viper GTS : 113.4 Kph (“Very good, but steering could be better” said Quattroruote)
    Diablo GT: 113.0 Kph

Maranello is not scared of Viper

Mafalda

P.S.
    What means LOL?

24. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

laugh out loud

25. Re: The Enzo Ferrari awared best car of the show by Autoweek

Don't change the facts, Mafalda ! I NEVER said Maranello hasn't good handling ! I NEVER said that !

I was comparing to Viper and Vettes ! It's worse than a Viper/Vette ! Check your Quattroroute about it !

I like Maranello and I respect Modena. They're excellent sport cars. But they're too much expensive for the bang thay can make...that's Ferrari problem... But Don't worry about it... GM is coming....LOL !

LOL is means "Laughing out and loud"

Where are you from, Mafalda (country, city...) ? I think you're the only girl here...