The good old monte carlo

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS' started by Jmac, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Why not a manual tranny?

Looks phat, but why a 4-speed auto? Isn't this supposed to be a SPORTS car? If you ask me, this is a car that'll get you laid, but I don't think you'll be having much fun if you're by yourself in it. At least put a 5-speed stick in it as an option for the driving enthusiasts.

2. Re: The good old monte carlo

yeh i wish they put a stick in it. its on the same base as the impala and they dont offer stick for them either. mayeb there will be one soon.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: The good old monte carlo

Well, there are more than just this one model, I think there are 6 total, this just happens to be one and with a different options package

4. Re: The good old monte carlo

Yeah 300ZXManiak its called the 2002 SS HIGH SPORT APPEARENCE PACKAGE it has a 5 speed i think

5. Re: The good old monte carlo

needs a stick no doubt<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: The good old monte carlo

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PorscheBoy09</i>
    <b>Yeah 300ZXManiak its called the 2002 SS HIGH SPORT APPEARENCE PACKAGE it has a 5 speed i think</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

nop there's no manual tranny available for this car.

and it lacks something the good old Monte Carlo SS had...
    V-8 power.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: The good old monte carlo

Is this any different from the 2000 model? I'm not to big on the domestic cars but I think they looks the same I'm not sure<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: The good old monte carlo

Once again I'm forced to agree totally with (Voices)

9. Re: The good old monte carlo

i think the front is hard...but the back can be rid of. i like how the back pinches in real close near the back window. its kinda like a '73 BMW 3.0 CSL

10. Re: The good old monte carlo

I think y'all are forgetin this is a typical luxury cruiser rather that a sports car. This is almost 200in in length-isnt that a bit too bulky to be a sports car(since Brabus or AMG dosen't ungrade this car). So, a four speed is fine. This is a sweet car, that is if you are a typical cruiser, rather than a racer.

11. Re: The good old monte carlo

im a dodge fan .. but. i like the monte carlo.. looks good.. lacks on HP though. cant compete to the 240 that dodge has in the same clas.. but.. still is a nice looken car........

12. Re: The good old monte carlo

Apparently the idiot tha claims that he can drive "couple Hundred miles" on desert raods has never driven. I lived there I also seen what happened for hose foolish enough to speed. And ever herd of the German autobhan? There its dangerous to go below 160 mph and there is no speed limit. So dont give me that youre better then everyone else bullshit.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: The good old monte carlo

this car sucks ass I saw dale earnhart in las vegas driving one of these and he looked deppressed as all hell

14. Re: The good old monte carlo

dale eaenhart Jr. I mean sorry

15. Re: The good old monte carlo

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dodge_punk</i>
    <b>im a dodge fan .. but. i like the monte carlo.. looks good.. lacks on HP though. cant compete to the 240 that dodge has in the same clas.. but.. still is a nice looken car........</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Its faster than any new Dodge than the Viper!(126MPH-Monte Carlo-108MPH-Intrepid-108MPH-Avenger-192MPH-VIPER)<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: The good old monte carlo

Too Bulky? The McLaren F1s are almost the exact length and have almost reached speeds of 250 in some tests.

17. Re: Why not a manual tranny?

Why would you want a manual? You'd have to set your beer down.