The Next Fiero?

Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Solstice Roadster Concept' started by fieroturbo, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Man, I tell ya. The rear suspension of the Aztek, the front suspension of the Grand Am, the Brakes of the Caddy CTS, the tranny out of the Firebird/Camaro, and the supercharged version of the Lotus designed engine from the Cavalier and Sunfire, plus there's room for a V8!!!

Exacly the way the Fiero started out. The Chevette's suspension, the S-10's engine, and the tranny from the Isuzu Implulse/Geo Storm.

Except no plastic body panels this time. This thing weighs 2400Lbs, and goes from 0-60 in 4.8.

2. Re: The Next Fiero?

I say make this a 160-200hp MR2 alternative. America needs some cars there.

3. Re: The Next Fiero?

It just looks like a cheesy imitation of a Porsche to me.

4. Re: The Next Fiero?

it needs a RWD version w/ a 3800SC V6

5. Re: The Next Fiero?

I just got back from the 2003 International Auto Show in Toronto, and I saw the Solstice for the first time up close. This car is the most beautiful small roadster I have ever seen. I don't know about putting a heavy V8 in there, I think the supercharged ECOTEC, at 220hp, is enough for this type of car. It's funny how I saw this topic when I came looking to post my comment on the Solstice, My first thought after looking at the car was "this is what the Fiero should have been." I hope the don't screw this one up like they did the Fiero.

6. Re: The Next Fiero?

In my opinion this car kinda looks like a TVR Tuscan Speed 6. Sure it has different headlights but it has the same idea on the body work. Nice car. 8 out of 10.

7. Re: The Next Fiero?

It supposed to go against the Miata.