The REAL stats (tested)

Discussion in '2000 Koenigsegg CC' started by C5 R Vette, Aug 9, 2002.

1. 0-60= 4.1
    0-100=8.2
    Top speed= 225
    Weight= 2800<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Koenigsegg CC</i>
    <b>Don't worry guys! The CC will prevail as the king of supercars when it's "officially" tested for top speed and acceleration. I don't trust Car and Driver! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If you looked up "Irony" in the dictionary it would be defined as:

“A member of supercars.net who bashes American cars in his signature, but uses the screen name of a car powered by an American muscle car engine.”

Spyder757

3. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Koenigsegg CC</i>
    <b>Don't worry guys! The CC will prevail as the king of supercars when it's "officially" tested for top speed and acceleration. I don't trust Car and Driver! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh dear.

Kids these days...<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

According to Sport Auto , there's NO independant test of the CC.

What Koenigsegg claim have never been verified.

The 390kmh claimed are a joke !!

koenigsegg refused to lend a car for a top speed test at Nardo.

5. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

THE OFFICIAL STATS ARE ON THE KOENIGSEGG WEB SITE WHICH IS WWW.KOENIGSEGG.COM AND IT SHOW THAT IT RUNS 10 FLAT AT 217KM WHICH IS 135 MPH. AND IT SHOWS MORE THAN THAT,CHECK IT OUT.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

I like how you assume everyone will believe you.

7. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

Whwre did you get these numbers from?<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

yeah right!! and were did you get those numbers if i may ask?

9. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

I can confirm the figures he gave but there are some qualifications. The test was in the November 2001 Car and Driver. The acceleration figures are slower than expected because the clutch was bad. In addition, the top speed was not actually tested, it was an estimated figure. The reported 1/4 mile trap speed of 127mph indicates that the car is putting out a lot of horsepower, but not anywhere close to the claimed 655hp - it was putting out only about 475 rear wheel horsepower indicating rougly 550hp before driveline loss. In the state of development tested, the car is in the performance class of the Ferrari F40 but falls short of the McLaren F1. Since it was the prototype that was tested there is still probably time for further development.

10. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

it sounds like they may get it running right and it could be a new contender<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

Don't worry guys! The CC will prevail as the king of supercars when it's "officially" tested for top speed and acceleration. I don't trust Car and Driver! <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

Hes just pissed cuz this car gets worked by the McLaren and the new holder of the thrown the bugatti 16/4 veyron.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

uh, the veyron is meant to be comfortable, not to handle<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

I still like the internet car more than the McLaren.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Revolution SCR</i>
    <b>THE OFFICIAL STATS ARE ON THE KOENIGSEGG WEB SITE WHICH IS WWW.KOENIGSEGG.COM AND IT SHOW THAT IT RUNS 10 FLAT AT 217KM WHICH IS 135 MPH. AND IT SHOWS MORE THAN THAT,CHECK IT OUT.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->i don't believe a single world you say!

16. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

ya didn't the edonis win that one?

koenigsegg would have a shot at the top 5 maybe, but i doubt it'll win top speed in the world...take a look at some of the upcoming cars: bugatti 16/4 veyron, bengineering edonis, pagani zonda, sirius lotec, ferrari enzo, porsche carrera gt...etc

17. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

I'll add it to my signature. Deserves it.

18. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

If these number are true, this bad boy in my mind is the best car out there besides the 16/4. If not its just another supercar

19. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

I have read(On this site) that the edonis weight less than 1500 lbs!!!
    Is that true?! I think It's a mistake.

20. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

shut up american lover your just sad that american cars suck

21. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

Hey you punk, who are you talking to, heh? WHO?!

22. #22 F Enzo, Dec 11, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: The REAL stats (tested)

The Koenigsegg did 365 KM/H at Nardo test track without pushing the car at full speed. Read here http://koenigsegg.se
    Koenigsegg is going for #1

23. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

And it did it on the shakedown lap too.

24. Re: The REAL stats (tested)

I have been to 5 different sites and they all say that it can go 240

25. #25 Live4Speed, Jul 26, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: The REAL stats (tested)

He ONLY official test so far from www.koenigsegg.com

2002-11-14
    High-speed tests.

On Sunday the 10th of November 2002 Koenigsegg conducted the first high-speed tests at the Nardo/Prototipo high-speed track.

The tests were kept unofficial in spite of the high media interest due to the risks involved. Koenigsegg rented the 12km long track exclusively with a medical team for a few ours in order to set the car up for future speed records.

Test driver Mr. Loris Bicocchi conducted the first shakedowns of the car and he was very satisfied with the preliminary results.

Unfortunately it started to rain one hour into the tests. However, before a too heavy rainfall, Mr. Bicocchi managed to drive 365 km/h according to company measurements, which was not pushing the car to full speed - only a shake down run!

Koenigsegg now feels more confident than ever that the car will be able to reach the acclaimed top speed.

Christian von Koenigsegg:

-This day was a very important milestone for the CC. It has shown us what it really can do and that it truly is a Supercar. The car performed very well at these high-speeds and was able to maintain cool in oils and water over a long period. We will keep on pushing the borders and within short we feel confident that we officially will be the fastest production car in the world.

Photos are available in the media archive.