The stats are wrong

Discussion in '1952 Porsche-Glöckler 356 Roadster' started by bob777, Aug 9, 2002.

1. At a Ford dealership they said this truck can do 0-60 in 4.4 sec. I'm not kidding but it can beat a regular stock corvette

2. Re: The stats are wrong

the 2001 lightning can do 0-60 in 5.2-5.4, 1/4 mile in 13.4-13.6, and top speed of 149 mph. they lied to you.

3. Re: The stats are wrong

you only wish they told u the truth cause i own one and i am always at the race track dragging and it goes from 0-60 in 7.5 seconds

it is not that fast i always beat those specially designed imports always of course

4. Re: The stats are wrong

The stats are defintly wrong. A stock 2001 lightning is running 13.5's stock all day long at the track. With slicks on its running about a 13.3 if you get a good run and that is completely stock! so these stats are defintly way off.

5. Re: The stats are wrong

running a 7.5 0-60. I sure hope you have an earlier model lightning and not a 99+. Cause if you have a99+ somebody better teach you how to drive. And your always at the track. Last time i checked track didn't have a 0-60 time marker.

6. Re: The stats are wrong

well someone is lieing here...there is no 0-60 marker at the tracks...i have been going for a quiet a while now...so if there is this is new news to me.. lol

7. Re: The stats are wrong

well you could always just use g-tech

8. Re: The stats are wrong

lol...yeah ok Gtech. It's is great but i wouldn't go bragging around my Gtech times.

9. Re: The stats are wrong

when truck trend tested it, 0-60 was 6.6 sec and everything else was wrong

10. Re: The stats are wrong

wow that guy with this 0-60 in 7.5 i think it was, pathetic. u cant drive...at all. my 2002 runs low 13's at Tampa International Speedway (local dragstrip).

11. Re: The stats are wrong

How the hell do u beat imports with 0-100km/h (0-60)times of 4.4 sec and 1/4 times of 11 sec, defies the laws of physics....lol

12. Re: The stats are wrong

my 2002 only has 20 more hp but weighs 5405 lbs not 4 something . so u either cant drive or u just a 12 year old kid bashing the lighting to act cool. i power brake at the christmas tree and off. i run low 13's high 12's

13. Re: The stats are wrong

If you're referring to me, I wasn't bashing the lightning, and I can probably drive better than you'll ever hope to. I was just wondering how CamaroKing could beat "specially designed imports" (which in general have 0-60 times of 4.4 seconds, and 1/4 times of 11 seconds) in his truck (which according to him has a 0-60 time of 7.5 and according to you has a 1/4 time of 13), seriously, it defies the laws of physics.

14. Re: The stats are wrong

i wasnt talking about you i was talking about camaro king

15. Re: The stats are wrong

Well then I stick my foot in my mouth and I'm about to delete my post.

16. Re: The stats are wrong

Ok buddy. If this has a charged 360hp V8 with that nice torque. But the Mustang Cobra has 390HP/390torque with 6 speed stick and weighs a lot less then why would this truck be able to possibly beat the mustang?

17. Re: The stats are wrong

like they say, Ford cares about their trucks and not so much about their cars.

18. Re: The stats are wrong

For owning one you sure drive it slow. Whats your 1/4 mile like 20 seconds? Ive seen them do 5 flat and beat Mustang GT's and Z28's.

19. Re: The stats are wrong

You may not be kidding. You may thinks that right but its more like 5 seconds flat.

20. Re: The stats are wrong

Yeah, everyone knows a car salesman will never lie to a potential rube..er, customer.

21. Re: The stats are wrong

When i was at a drag strip the lightning smoked a 01 Mustang Cobra.
    The Lightning ran a high 12.

22. Re: The stats are wrong

I really do own a 2002, yes, on earth. it does 0-60 in about 5 flat and top is 147 exactly. 1/4 mile is about 13.4-13.7. you're an idiot, they don't have 0-60 times at a drag, you don't even own a lightning. You don't even own a tonka truck let alone the king of trucks. I'd be surpirsed if you are even old enough to drive. Another thing, what kid would own a Ford with a name like camaro king, sounds like a chevy enthusiast to me. Stop bad mouthing ford or I'll run over your Camaro