The style they should make for the new firebirds.

Discussion in '2000 Pontiac Firebird MMS 421 Concept' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This is the style they sould make for the new firebird in 2004.

2. Re: The style they should make for the new firebirds.

Good news for me, bad news for you...there won't be any firebird in 2004. I'm sure you've heard rumors but it won't happen. GM doesn't have a platform that they can make cameros and firebirds anymore. Unless they admit that those cars are archaic and just put them on a truck platform so they can keep the live rear axle. Mustangs also suck, but at least they show shades of progress

3. Re: The style they should make for the new firebirds.

"Subaru SVX's".............
    One man's junk is another pussy's treasure

4. Re: The style they should make for the new firebirds.

Dosen't GM have a new rear drive platform called the "Sigma"? That platform would be a good platform to start a 5th gen. F-body.

5. Re: The style they should make for the new firebirds.

GM should quit trying to make sports cars. they aren`t doing good. The Pontiac Stolice looks cool thought

6. Re: The style they should make for the new firebirds.

agreed Bio... hahaha

anyway, the only sports car GM has now is the Corvette. there's not enough market for muscle anymore =(

7. Re: The style they should make for the new firebirds.

That's because true muscle in stock packaging is just too expensive now a days...that is from american cars anyway. However if there truely wasn't a market for muscle the Corvette wouldn't still be here. With over 50 years of history under it's belt you'd of thought it probably would have went under...but it didn't. It out lived it's F-Body siblings which were released about 15 years afterwards and were intended to be the poor man's performance car. And how about that Viper... It just came into it's 2nd gerneration, oh it completely slipped my mind! The new Ford GT with a price tag above $100k, but from what I heard...all the cars for it's first production run have all been spoken for. Although it may seem there is no market for muscle, there is! The evidence of it is written all over the place.

8. I agree