The Threads I Read

Discussion in 'mclaren777's Website Forum' started by mclaren777, Mar 2, 2006.

1. I've been criticized many times in the past for not being up-to-date on the current SC.net gossip, so I decided to show you guys why that is. Simply put, you guys are getting worse and worse at making good threads.

In all honesty, the quality of conversation here is at an all-time low. We're now at the point where at least one person per day is making one of those useless "discuss" threads. And while that may be acceptable for some of you, it certainly isn't for me. So in general, I have a couple rules about reading threads.

Rule #1: Does the title even make sense? This includes grammar, diction, and whether or not there's swearing in the title. If the thread is called "Whos got" or "dont just #%[email protected] about it", I'm not going to click on it.

Rule #2: Who made the tread? There are a handful of members on here that I really like (NB, FerrariAKL, ESP, My911Turbo, EB, WhiteChocolateWorld, etc...) that can break Rule #1 and I'll still read their threads because they've proven to be good thread-makers in the past. Conversely, I almost never look at MarkI's threads because they're usually retarded.

Rule #3: What is the thread about? Naturally, a thread about videogames or religion is going to catch my attention a lot more than a thread about how large Sled Driver's dick is. So even the titles that appear to link to legitimate threads (like "French 'tennis drugs' trial opens") don't get my views either.

So that's how I sift through the ~100 threads you guys make each day. And to graphically show you what that looks like, I whipped out a handy program of mine to take screen shots of the first three pages.

Threads in red were ones I never opened.

2. Dude, judging by the pics, there's still a lot of threads you are wasting your time reading.

3. I read very few threads.

4. You couldn't be more correct.