This looks like something the military would drive!

Discussion in '1997 Dodge T-Rex 6X6 Concept' started by DodgeFreak, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This is quite a beast. Dodge's 4x4's were powerful enough, but a 6x6, that's quite a hunk of machinery. I could definitely see myself stompin other puny 4x4's tryin' to mud bog. Except for the weight, that thing's freakin' huge!

2. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

actually its a hunk of crap notice the 2 axles in the back with 2 axles in back it should have well over 800ft lbs of torque as that is what people use trucks for torque. another thing every engine dodge makes is crap why in gods ame would u need a magnum modified v10 when a v8 even in some cases a straight 6 is better then this hunk of crap its just another way for dodge to produce somethign cheap as they always have and wlays will do

3. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

it looks more like a piece of crap

4. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

That ain't no hunk of crap. It needs the modified V10 because a V8 only puts out 260hp and the V10 is around 450hp and almost 600lb-ft of torque. And a V6 would be just pathetic. It needs all that power for the 6 wheel drive and that 12000 pounds it's hauling around. You should think more before u reply.

5. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

This is just mad!!!!!

6. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

Well duh! If you want to be big and tough thats what you gotta do!

7. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

srt 10 is right u do need a big engine 2 move it and with 2 axles in tha bak wouldnt produce more torque. torque is the twisting force which power is used 4, and when u hav more length or more axles it reduces torque b/c tha torque is split into eack wheel so tha means 100 lb feel per wheel on stable ground. learn b4 u speak

8. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

The extra axel adds more traction and better weight distriution.

9. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

This thing is pretty fast for its weight.

10. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

This thing is the best! They have to make a production model. But, they should have the design of the new Ram but instead of the stock T-Rex engine they should put the Rams SRT-10 engine in it, then call it the Dodge T-Rex SRT-10. Now that would provide Ruggedness with power and speed, the ultimate Off-Road vehicle.

11. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

attach some rockets and miniminiguns it would look like it came out of twisted metal.

12. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

haha it only means that Dodge needs an 8.0 liter V10 MODDED V10 to make that power and torque, whereas comparable modded V8s with lesssss displacement from merc makes more power and more torque.

13. Re: This looks like something the military would drive!

yea w/ out a supercharger, turbocharger, or ne other force induction system. and do u kno ne V8's tha produce over 600lb ft w/ out chargers? i dont thin so and if u do tell me, but i doubt u could find one

14. ha, noone has an answer to my comment, HAHAHAHAHA. If anything though, i am either goin to get this truck at some point or build myself one. and i personally like the old body design rather than the new ones.

15. yep, needs to loose 4,000lbs, gain 100hp and double its torque, get some decent tires and suspension, and get a new body so it doesn't look like someone slapped an extra axle on a stock 1500. this is crap. By the way: WHY IS THIS ON SUPER"CARS".NET? IT SURE AIN'T A CAR AND THERE'S NOTHING SUPER ABOUT IT. IS THIS SOME KINDA CRUEL JOKE BY THE MODERATORS TO PUNISH US FOR ALL OUR WORTHLESS THREADS?