This or a Skyline?

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R' started by Jthedriva, Mar 21, 2003.

1. I would take the skyline, this is too much of a street racers car.

2. Re: This or a Skyline?

i would take this. the RX-7 is one of the most capable cars ever to come out of japan. in the right hands this could run circles around a skyline. besides, i am not a huge fan of AWD. the added stability does not make up for the extra weight and horrible horrible amounts of understeer.

3. Re: This or a Skyline?

Gimme this over a Skyline ne day!

4. Re: This or a Skyline?

indeed

5. Re: This or a Skyline?

Stock the Rx-7 iz faster by a bit, modded I'm sure a skyline couldnt match. I think the Rx-7 whould handle a bit better then a skyline too. I'm not a awd fan either and not tryin to nock the skyline! Itz a nice car.

6. Re: This or a Skyline?

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Skyline. Hear me out. I've heard more compliments about a skyline then any RX-7. You can't really have a clean cut decision on theses cars. Both are well built and considerabley fast.

7. Re: This or a Skyline?

As said I would have to go with the Skyline because I ahve heard too many complaints about RX-7 engines.

8. Re: This or a Skyline?

That's where your wrong, the Rx-7 is one of the least capable cars coming out of Japan, When your talking about tunning, No car from Japan even comes close to the Skyline, the only car that could touch the Skyline in tunning would be the Supra.

Another mistake you made is when you we're talking about understeer, Ever tried to understeer in an Rx-7? does No TRC come to mind?

9. Re: This or a Skyline?

Can the Rx-7 be tuned over 1000hp and still be reliable as it was at start?

A bit faster? Lets compare 2002 to 2002, the Rx-7 to the R34 Skyline Nur which is more powerful then the Corvette and has more torque then the Viper for all cheaper

10. Re: This or a Skyline?

but ur forgetting that the N1 Nur isn't a normal skyline.

11. Re: This or a Skyline?

1000 hp does not make a car capable.

12. Re: This or a Skyline?

How isn't it normal? It's factory stock, just different power output

13. Re: This or a Skyline?

What are you talking about?