This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by Clh, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

i get bored of this comparo.

2. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Because the obvious winner of any race on a track between the two of these cars would be the 911 GT1? That was pretty obvious from the beginning, ass.

Angus

3. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

speak to me with a better language ok ferrarist! i get bored cuz people insult viper and can't give proofs that european cars can beat it.

4. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

The Viper Wins!!!
    The GT1 Sucks!!!

5. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Ah, here is a good example of the intelligence of some Viper fans.

6. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

As you can see all the Viper fans are smart. ALL of them.

Angus

7. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Ww are...?
    jess...didn't know that...?

8. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

The Porsche is superior

9. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

dauer is superior but not porsche

10. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

So are you saying a 800TT would beat a Porsche GT1? Remember, the GT1 had to retire from LeMans because it was annihilating the competition. The Team Oreca Viper stands a better chance against the GT1 over the 800TT.

11. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

What does "Ww" mean? And who's Jess? Learn to read and write properly and then come back and agrue.

Angus

12. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

what i meant was...
    "We are...?Jess...didn't know that...?"

and the Jess thing...short for jesus...

13. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

pleaz back to subject thank ya kids.

14. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

I think you meant "gezz". Anyways this argument is over, on any track the 911 would win.

Angus

15. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Could not have stated it any better american cars cant compete against european cars

16. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

You were right, you couldn't have said it any better. In fact, you totally butchered his whole point.

American cars can't compete against European cars? In what, fool? Care to compare the stock Viper to a stock 360 Modena or 911 Turbo? How about a 550 Maranello? What? The Viper out-performs them all? Thats right.

The only thing American cars can't compete with European cars is the high prices European cars have.

Stop being an ignorant moron.

17. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Cheaply built? Uhh, Vipers are hand made. But of course you knew that to make such an outlandish claim, right? No, of course you didn't!

Ugly? Opinions aren't facts.

Related to a minivan?! WTF does that have to do with anything?! Well, Porsche's and Viper's must be related because they both have the letter "P" in their names. Makes sense to me.

Oh, and this thread is insane. We all know the 800TT is an amazing car, but comparing it to a Million dollar+ Race Car is simply ludicrous. In all reality, the Viper wouldn't stand a chance. They are two totally different cars.

18. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

I wouldn't go say far to say that the Viper out performs them all, because it would all depend on the track they are running and how many laps they do. Because i know that Vipers have pretty bad brake fade. But it does definetly compete with them all for a fraction of the price.

Angus

19. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

if ya take an upgradin' braking kit made by brembo and an upgrading kit made by koni, i am sure your small ferraris will suffer

20. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Well, then you can just modify the Ferrari and it will then beat the Viper. Don't bother talking about mods, all we can actually discuss acuratly is stock.

Angus

21. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Stock vs. stock, the Viper is not too bad compared to most Ferraris under braking. However, this is making the HUGE supposition that the tester actually knows what he's doing with the Viper. Most don't, and indeed, the pre-ABS Vipers are tough to brake at the limit. With the right driver, it is quite formidable.

22. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Another problem with the viper brakes, is there is so much brake fade. After just like one or two laps your brakes are gone. And I mean it also depends on the course as well. The results of any two cars racing will change from track to track.

Angus

23. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Many of you are quick to underestimate the 911 Turbo. So far out of every magazine I've read statistics from, the 911 Turbo has the most consistant statistics out of the Viper, Modena, and Z06 and I think that says a lot. I have not seen any stats where a Turbo does 0-60 over 4.2 seconds, 1/4 mile over 12.4 seconds, slalom mph under 67mph, and consistant great breaking distances. You cannot say the same for cars like the Viper of Modena. Saying the Viper out-performs the Modena and Turbo by default is in its own nature ignorant. The Viper does have great value and is very a worthy competitor against the Turbo and Modena; I won't deny that.

24. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Many of you are quick to underestimate the 911 Turbo. So far out of every magazine I've read statistics from, the 911 Turbo has the most consistent statistics out of the Viper, Modena, and Z06 and I think that says a lot. I have not seen any stats where a Turbo does 0-60 over 4.2 seconds, 1/4 mile over 12.4 seconds, slalom mph under 67mph, and consistant great breaking distances. You cannot say the same for cars like the Viper or Modena. The Viper does have great value and is very a worthy competitor against the Turbo and Modena; I won't deny that. However, saying the Viper out-performs the Modena and Turbo by default is in its own nature ignorant.

25. Re: This vs. 911 GT1 street version

Thats strange, I always considered the Viper to be very consistent in its times. The only difference is when Road and Track tests it (especially braking), but that is like that for all cars they test.

Acceleration in the Viper is VERY consistent. Always getting around 12.2 seconds @ 118 mph. Some have managed sub-12 second runs. Its extremely rare to see the Viper run the quarter mile in longer than 12.2 seconds. Braking distances can fluctuate, mainly because the tests were on pre-ABS models, which isn't exactly just slamming your foot down and keeping it there. For further reference, check out the 0-100 times. 8.8 always, with one time hitting 8.7. The only difference is when the ACR is tested which are slower times, probably because of the stiffer suspension.

Slalom time is somewhat consistent. The time have always stayed above 70 mph when Car and Driver or Motor Trend tests it, but Motor Trend has passed the cones at an average of 73.6 mph and then 70.1 mph in a later test.