This vs Bugatti Veyron

Discussion in '2006 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo Competition' started by saleen88, Dec 19, 2006.

1. This is much lighter than the Veyron and it has almost as much hp.

2. This the second thread at least you've made in this band. As sson as I say this, you'll make it out like I hate America, but not true, I love the S7. You seem to be judging by top speed, which actually means nothing. This is better than the Veyron because it is a road legal racer with mindblowing midrange acceleration, and impeccable handling. And it is not faster than Veyron in terms of top speed due to its enormous downforce.

3. I'm not judging on pure top speed. But anyway, do have any performance figures, you said it has mindblowing midrange acceleration.

4. I have one sentence for you. Standing mile: 22 seconds at almost 210mph.

5. Where did you find that out?

6. The Road and Track standing mile test.

7. that was for the 750 hp version.

and most of the downforce is generated without using wings which doesn't affect drag.

8. As wings do have higher drag, all areas that create downforce create drag, it is just how much lift (or negitive lift in this case)does an downforce generator make compared to the drag this is L/D (lift over drag)when doing a high downforce car you are always looking at at the 2 items as one to see if the downforce you just found is worth the drag you just added, this is always a balancing game If you can find me items that make subsantial downforce without drag please send it to me!

9. lol, how old was that?

10. you should really consider making your way down to the REAL forums, you will be quite at home in the "technical" forums, maybe teach us infadels a thing or two?

11. I waiting for this day to come.

12. you indies are rediculous. theyre too different cars in every way imaginable.

this car will beat the veyron hands down in anything but a drag race. [i shouldnt even need to point this out]

13. the way i see it man, 1000hp > anythin less than 1000hp.....hence if u can get more power, y the hell not? anybody remember the 60's? and did anyone ever conside this site might have gotten its stats wrong? maybe 1000 hp version does MORE than the standard saleen s7? better acceleration maybe, higher top speed? crazy, no? seems to be like the site just copy-pasted the s7 twin turbo and just changed the power in the stats

14. the veyron is significantly better in the straight line, but the s7 is much lighter making it more agile, whereas using agile in the same sentence as the veyron is an insult to the word.....sometimes i wonder y they had to make a body so heavy, tht it required 1000 hp to take the car to 400 kph, whereas lighter cars as the s7 and dauer 962 le mans got it done with nearly 300 hp less

15. Oh my #$%#ing god, shut the #$%# up about the Veyron's weight already!

IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE LIGHT, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD GOD DAMMIT!

16. lol, its funny cause you're retarded. enjoy your life

17. for #$ck sake, this saleen would get smoked by a number of cars, like the ssc ultimate aero, pretty much any hennessey i can think , and dont even bother making fun of hennessey cause the viper demolished this car in EVERY test they did in road and track. plain and simple , now day, companies are making their flagship cars faster and faster, and this saleen isn't one to make the list. p.s cant wait to see saleen get embarassed in front of the 1200tt, hennessey is putting together out of the 08 viper, this will cause some laughs and jokes.

18. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't an S7R just on pole at Monza 1000K last weekend? Ahead of C6R, Aston DB9's, Ferrari 430's, MC12's, Porsche's. Sounds like that dated old American supercar is still pretty fast.

2007 LeMans series-
    The Saleen racing season is off to a great start. This past Easter weekend 4 S7R's took part in the French GT Championship. The weekend featured 2 1-hour races. In race #1, the No. 9 Oreca Saleen took the pole and the win and 3 of the 4 Saleen's finished in the top 5. In race #2, the No. 9 Oreca Saleen seemingly had the win again until a 30 second penalty for passing under the yellow relegated them to a 4th place finish. The No. 1 Oreca Saleen did podium with a 3rd place finish. All in all, race #2 saw 2 Saleen's in the top 5 and all 4 among the top 10 finishers
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't an S7R just on pole at Monza 1000K last weekend? Ahead of C6R, Aston DB9's, Ferrari 430's, MC12's, Porsche's. Sounds like that dated old American supercar is still pretty fast.

2007 LeMans series-
    The Saleen racing season is off to a great start. This past Easter weekend 4 S7R's took part in the French GT Championship. The weekend featured 2 1-hour races. In race #1, the No. 9 Oreca Saleen took the pole and the win and 3 of the 4 Saleen's finished in the top 5. In race #2, the No. 9 Oreca Saleen seemingly had the win again until a 30 second penalty for passing under the yellow relegated them to a 4th place finish. The No. 1 Oreca Saleen did podium with a 3rd place finish. All in all, race #2 saw 2 Saleen's in the top 5 and all 4 among the top 10 finishers

20. The SSC might put up a challenge, though we havent seen enough info yet.

But the Hennessey doesnt stand a chance in anything besides straight line.

21. Hmmm in a straight line the veyron should thrash it.
    Around a eurpoean track the veyron will lose.
    Around an american track the veyron will beta it.

Hmmm....I wonder how fast this has to go to make its own weight in downforce?
    The original saleen claimed 120mph,so this thing should be able to do the same trick at what....60mph now?

22. saleen would demo veyron because it's lighter and handles very good doesn't actualy need all that power.

23. I thought the original was said to be able to drive up side down on a ceiling at 160 mph.

24. na bugati beats the saleen in places like sraights accel and tops but saleens got the tech to go around bends alot quicker bugati is more of a luxurious volks not made for real track racing. but i bet it would make a hell of a time on nurgburgring

25. Hands down, the Saleen beats the Veyron in an overall competition.