This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by Bluey, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

i had a funny feelin' it the answer was 'NO'

2. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

It's not "world class" because it was never meant to be. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

3. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

***notice***

this forum is about Jap cars ^

4. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

I like the Supra very much ( I should because I own one ) but the Viper would rip the Supra's ass off and hand it to him.

5. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

good point!

i like most jap cars aswell...(i'm sorry but i only got a Magna)
    but yeah...i'd still go for this 1.

6. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

"I have also seen 2.6 and 3.0 liter imports put muscle cars to shame as far as power. Ive also seen a 745 HP 1.3 liter. Yes, its real, its the twin-rotor RX-7 twin turbo. I love how many muscle car guys hafta use 3x+ the displacement of an import to be competition. I guess some people just cant stand being at the same level. They need to have tremendous advantages to win. Thats like me, a 2nd degree blackbelt Aikido, using a weapon to beat someone who is barehanded, and them without any martial arts training. Doesnt seem fair does it?"

Congragulations, you know what i love? I love when import guys have to use 5 times the amount of boost to get that amount of horsepower... wow, it actually works both ways, so ya you are right, some people do need tremendous advantages to even compete... oh and just to let you know, guess what happens when you give a v-8 or v-10 30 pounds of boost? You dont need to know because large displacement engines with that much boost would not even come close to being street legal because they would be pumping out around god knows how much, 1500-2000hp let me take my bill mitchell 540ci 875hp crate motor, twin turbo it and then run 30psi per turbo.. we will see what is fair then.

7. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

i'm sorry but i don't see what your goin' on about...?

8. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

I have seen many idiots among me...yes, a lot, ive also seen many idiots who claim they see 1.3 liter engines producing over 700hp, and though its possible, id like to see someone just try and maintain an engine like that for one year, and compare how much they've spent compared to my couple hundred spent ona tune-up

9. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

i would take a toyota mr2-spider with 220 hp turbo.because i run on canyons and mountain roads. and a viper would probably be only in 3rd gear and on the edge of spin and crash

10. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

why would I-4's have good reliability w/30psi, and for some reason v8's not have good reliability?
    also, v8's don't need 30psi because the engine itself is making lots of power, unlike 4 cylinders, which need the 30psi to make lots of power.

11. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Let's all agree on something. I know all of us (me included) talk shit about Japcars, and Eurocars' exhorbitant prices...
    But making cars has little (if anything) to do with the origin.
    Nowadays, nobody even know what Origin means anymore, because the business has gotten SO GLOBALIZED. I mean, companies owned by other abroad, that really mixes the whole thing.
    Just like what happened to Mazda (Rx-7 and rotor stuff for instance). Who can tell if it Japanese or American? or if it is Mixed, then HOW AMERICAN or HOW JAPANESE is it? Or Chrysler (Mitsubishi cooperation)
    So, really. A Car is not better because it is american or german, or doesn't suck cuz it's japanese.
    Or take the Ford Puma then. It's American... but then it was made for european Market only... so, F**K THE ORIGIN.

I know this statement makes the whole Origin Fight pointless... so, just think about it, or ignore it.
    I recommend we all ignore it, just like I'm gonna do. So we can have more fun...

12. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

i know I-6's and 4's have good reliability, but what i'm getting at is why would a v8 not have the same reliability?(after all, it's just an engine that has 2 more cylinders)

13. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Yeah my 1986 Magna MT is pretty reliable too.

14. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Im not sure or anything but ive heard v8's and v10s become less reliable because more parts of the engine are having to move. there are more parts to maintain and thats why sometimes companies choose smaller engines with high revving power. Iono, like i said, but its just somethin i remember from somewhere.

15. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Wow lotta supra fans here, this is my first post, and Icoldn't find doge avengers on this site, its says this car does the 1/4 in 10.7 seconds, we all know the hennesey is the best viper, but my friendthinks his 97 avenger can do the 1/4 in 6 seconds, should I smack my friend silly???

BTW 1997 twin turbo anniversury edition toyota supra rules! I shall buy it when I have the monney.

16. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

true, v8's and v10's have more moving parts, but they're not having to move as fast or work as hard as smaller engines like I-4's.
    I-4's may have fewer parts, but those few parts are having to much faster than a v8s.

17. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

well i personally think that my 1986 Magna is a good car!

18. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

are u fuking stoned? u wanna take some jap asian pussy ass car over this masterpiece? ur fukin retarded to ask such a question.

19. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

agree...

20. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

I can't believe you never knew that vipers didn't have 2 seats.

21. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

I can't believe you never knew that vipers had 2 seats or not.

22. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

i suggest that this thread be deleted and that the mods keep a watch here.

23. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

i am really beginin' it to dislike u...

24. #74 DOMESTICS 4 LIFE, Dec 5, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

"Dauer 962 LM, which IS a tuner car, and it began life as a Porsche 962 LM car. Oh look, it holds the quickest 0-60 time of ANY street legal car in the world"

ok are u talkin on street tyres or not b/c if it doesnt matter than that record would be broken. by this viper. the SC.net stats are a little off (like alotta other stats one here). the 2.7 secs was achieved by stree legal tires, it was the 2.4 0-60 that was achieved on "cheater slicks" ( http://www.conceptcarz.com/folder/vehicle.asp?car_id=3645. but that was a nice try defending the dauer on this. the viper is king of the road and not one post is gonna changed my mind. you can say whatever you want to say about vipers handling but when you get the correct stats i think the viper is the car that will be leaving you in the dust on the strip and on the track. but wat about all this that drags dont matter??? well i actually think if you have the money to buy the cars with the better turning (porche, ferrari, lambo) then i dont think that your gonna take it to a track that actually has the rite amount of turns thats gonna make you happy. any one can win on a 200ft cirlce with the rite car. so think again b4 you go and cry saying TURNING MATTERS and go and remember you dont own that Porche or Ferrari or Lamborghini and that you prolly never will and even if u do. are you gonna take it to a track to mess with a pro that prolly owns all these and will school you back to third grade? i think not.

25. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

well every-1 knows that this car ain't the best nor the fastest...
    it is just another great peace of American Art!